Chapter 9

Flowers - jiyoo au

Peach blossom.

 

One month of going on dates, meeting with friends was all they got. Time was cruel, Yoohyeon had much less than doctor suspected. Last week of Yoohyeon’s life was the hardest, she was out of energy. Always tired, almost sleeping all the time.

 

She wanted it to end.

 

This flower means long-life. Minji thought about it because it was a thing which Yoohyeon didn’t get from fate.

 

 

 

 

Yoohyeon was lying in their bed with two dogs. Cherry and Pie were cuddled to her side. Minji cooked them dinner and bring it to bed so Yoohyeon could eat her favourite pasta.

 

“I’m not hungry honey.” Yoohyeon whispered without any strength. “But thank you.”

 

Minji sat next to her and started to feed her. 

 

“At least take couple bites.”

 

Yoohyeon didn’t fight, with her last strength in body she sat up and leaned into Minji’s side. She ate couple spoons of her favourite pasta.

 

When they finished eating, Yoohyeon took Minji’s hand. 

 

“Can you open the shelf on your right?” She asked. “There is small box, take it.”

 

Minji opened shelf and did what Yoohyeon asked her for. She handed the box to her girlfriend’s hand. 

 

Yoohyeon opened it and she saw shiny ring.

 

“Kim Minji, I know that I don’t have much time left, but you would you honour me and be my fiancé?” She asked and looked into Minji’s teary eyes.

 

It hurt. But also made her happy. 

 

Her tears were sad and happy in the same time.

 

“Of course Yoo. I love you.” And her voice cracked. Yoohyeon put a ring on her finger and took her face into own hands. She left soft kiss on her lips.

 

“I love you too.”

 

It was getting late, Minji wasn’t tired yet but she saw how tired and exhausted Yoohyeon was. They lied on the bed.

 

Pie moved and lied on Yoohyeon’s stomach.

 

“Goodnight Minji.” She tugged her head into Minji’s neck.

 

“Goodnight princess.” Tears left Minji’s eyes. she was silently crying, but Yoohyeon knew that.

 

Yoohhyeon’s grip on her hand has loosen. “We will meet again.”

 

And Yoohyeon’s hand fall down, she stopped breathing.