Chapter 6

Flowers - jiyoo au

White heather.

 

Protection.

 

They dated for two years actually, but their world broke down year after their first date. It was hard for them both. 

 

 

 

For their first anniversary of being in relationship Yoohyeon stayed the night. Actually she was almost leaving with Minji. She used to sleeping over almost everyday. It was easier for them.

 

 The couple was inseparable. They enjoyed each other’s company that much that it would be a shame for Yoohyeon to leave. She didn’t live that far, so what was the difference where was she staying for the night?

 

Minji made pancakes for the breakfast. With bananas and chocolate. Yoohyeon loved her pancakes.

 

Yoohyeon left bathroom after morning shower before going to work.

 

“Good morning beautiful.” Minji greeted and waited as younger comes closer to kiss her lips. The kiss was soft, tender. It could last forever.

 

But they were hungry so Yoohyeon moved farther and with soft laugh stole plate with pancakes.

 

“I have headache since I woke up, I hope it will pass.” She admitted and took bite of her food.

 

And Yoohyeon was looking palm that morning. Minji noticed how Yoohyeon was missing some strength. Her hands were shaking every time when she was taking bite. 

 

“You don’t look too good honey, are you sure it’s only headache?” She was worried.

 

Because it wasn’t the first time. It did happen often and even more often. There were days when Yoohyeon was tired that much that she came to her apartment and lied on sofa and was falling asleep.

 

“Yeah don’t worry.” 

 

So Minji didn’t worry, she focused on her food and started to make Orleans for their anniversary dinner.

 

“Minji...” she heard her girlfriend’s shaking voice and when she looked at her with confused eyes look she saw Yoohyeon holding her nose.

 

“What happened?” She asked worried even more. She stood up and walked closer to her girlfriend.

 

And she saw blood.

 

Yoohyeon started to bleed of her nose. She quickly took tissues and gave to her girlfriend to stop the bleeding.

 

“We’re going to hospital Yoo.” She said and took keys to Yoohyeon’s car. “You wont change my mind. That’s not normal that your head hurts that often and suddenly your nose starts to bleed.”

 

Younger girl only nodded defeated. She knew that Minji was right.

 

They vastly moved to Yoohyeon’s car and Minji started engine. Without any more word she drove them to the nearest hospital.

 

She remembers how doctors took Yoohyeon to other room and made some tests to find out what was wrong. Meanwhile when Minji was alone waiting in the hallway she called to Yubin. 

 

Yoohyeon’s best friend deserved to know, especially when it was looking as something serious. Yubin was on her way to the hospital.

 

Minji was worried about her girlfriend that much that she started to walk circles in the hallway with deep breaths, she tried to calm down. Couple nurses were worried about her too, but every time when she heard question if she’s okay she wasn’t reacting.

 

Doctor finally let her into the office. When she Walked in, she saw Yoohyeon sitting on chair with head dropped down. Something was wrong.

 

Older one sat down next to her and took Yoohyeon’s hand in comforting gesture. The grip tightened and Yoohyeon started to cry.

 

The doctor took deep breath and glanced at Minji.

 

Protection. 

 

When Minji heard what’s wrong, she knew that Yoohyeon needs someone who could protect her, be there for her. With her.

 

 

“Kim Yoohyeon said that you should hear the diagnose too.” He started with sad and quiet voice. “Your girlfriend has cancer.”