Chapter 5

Flowers - jiyoo au

Gardenia.

 

This flower is about sweet love, maybe even secret one.

 

But with Minji’s and Yoohyeon’s love there wasn’t any secret to be hidden. And this flower was growing in Minji’s apartment until now. She still remembers their first ever date.

 

 

 

Next day Minji knocked to Yoohyeon’s door. Wearing white shirt and leather jacket with gardenia’s flowers in hand. The doors opened widely after couple seconds as other girl was already waiting for Minji to show up.

 

She looked stunning in her pink sweater. She was looking adorable and pretty in the same time. She could see her like this countless many times. Minji loved seeing Yoohyeon dressed up like this, also she loved seeing Yoohyeon without make up wearing simple oversized T-shirt.

 

“You didn’t have to buy me flowers...” Yoohyeon said with shyly smile.

 

“Um, I-“ Minji swallowed her saliva and cleared . “I didn’t buy them. You look beautiful.”

 

Yoohyeon took flower and with red cheeks hid inside the apartment. Probably she just put the flowers in vase.

 

When she came back she locked doors behind and let Minji to walk her to her motorcycle. With small hesitation she put helmet on and sat behind Minji. With hands she cuddled Minji tightly. 

 

“Where are you taking me?” She asked shortly before Minji started the engine.

 

“You will  see princess.” Minji shouted. The sound of her motorcycle was silencing her words.

 

Back to that day Minji figured out that their perfect first date would be something sweet.

 

But restaurant, cinema or spending time in amusement park wouldn’t be that original idea. She took them to the picnic which she prepared with Bora couple hours earlier.

 

They drove there for ten minutes. Minji stopped that motorbike on land near to the lake. Couple meters farther was blanket and basket with food already prepared.

 

Older helped other to get down of the machine with one hand. But Yoohyeon’s hand didn’t let go other. They walked to the blanket with fingers interlocked. 

 

“When did you-“

 

“No questions princess.” Minji smiled widely. “That’s secret.”

 

It was late afternoon so sun was still shining at them. Birds in background singing, no wind, no single noise. 

 

When both of them sat comfortable, Minji took out from basket pink bottle with kid’s champagne and bawl with fruits. 

 

“That bottle looks cute.” Yoohyeon laughed.

 

“I know, but I’m driver so it wouldn’t be nice if you were the only one drinking wine.” She couldn’t stop herself from winking to other.

 

She gave younger couple strawberries with chocolate.

 

“I didn’t know that you’re such a romantic type.” Yoohyeon took bike of strawberry and moved closer to Minji. She cuddled in.

 

“Oh honey you don’t know yet many things yet.”

 

Both of them were lying in each other’s arm and watched how sun was going down. Whole sky became orange with pink flames.

 

“We are friend for half year and I’m not sure where are you working actually.”

 

Yoohyeon laughed softly. That was true. They never spoke about job, every time when they met they were just getting know each other better. Making . 

 

“I work as volunteer in hospital, I spend time with children who are sick and they’re all alone because their parents work or something.” Yoohyeon put her hand on Minji’s leg and started to care her skin. “It can be said that I’m their friend, playing games with them so they won’t think about looniness or about being sick.”

 

“You have big heart you know?” Minji put her head into Yoohyeon’s hair and smelled their scent. They smelled like vanilla. “I’m sure that they all love you.”

 

“I don’t know. Some people don’t deserve to be sick, especially in that young age.”

 

Minji didn’t answer anything to that, there was no need. Any words could express how sad it was to see people being sad because of their fate. Time is the most precious thing. 

 

You never know how long things can last. Everything can change, your world can turn all around because of single thing. It was important to enjoy every single moment.

 

And Minji remembers that date until today. Because they enjoyed their time which they had back then. They were lying cuddled in other’s arms, eating strawberries and watching sunset with small talks.

 

And the time was a thing Yoohyeon valued the most.

 

Now Minji has learned about that too. Their sweet love had own time counted, it wasn’t meant for them to be eternity.

 

But it was okay. It all was worth it. Because if not Yoohyeon, Minji wouldn’t even know how it is to be in love.