Chapter 8

Flowers - jiyoo au

Dandelion.

 

Time was rough. It still is. It was hard and difficult for all of them. Friends were worried about Yoohyeon. Meanwhile Yoohyeon was counting her days which she had left.

 

She wanted to spend last days of her life with Minji.

 

Dandelion is about overcoming hardship.

 

 

 

 

Yoohyeon was having chemotherapy for three months now. She didn’t like it. 

 

Every time when she was coming home she was exhausted, feeling sick. She was getting tired by living. She stopped enjoying her life.

 

And it hurt Minji to see her girlfriend like this.

 

Sometimes they had fights, because Yoohyeon didn’t want to drag Minji into that. Sometimes she was thinking that it would be better if they broke up and Minji could fall in love with someone new before it will be too late.

 

Minji never agreed with her.

 

Every time when Yoohyeon was having chemo, Minji was always on her side. She waited with her in hospital room for three hours and they read books or talked about unmade dreams, about their childhoods.

 

This day was her last day with chemotherapy. Doctor came to them and asked if they can talk later in his office.

 

It didn’t sound good or promising.

 

Yoohyeon wasn’t moved at all. She has already accepted her fate, her ending. Her story was going to end soon, she knew that.

 

But Minji couldn’t even think like that. It was crushing her to imagine her future without Yoohyeon in there. Living her life alone, without her best friend. Without her girlfriend.

 

Without her soulmate who she loved eternity.

 

“I had sad new for you.” Doctor said and closed Yoohyeon’s medical card. His head dropped. It was hard to tell this kind of news to own patients. “Unfortunately chemotherapy is not giving any results...”

 

He didn’t finish his sentence because Yoohyeon interrupted him.

 

“How much time do I have left?”

 

Minji’s throat hurt, her heart was in even bigger pain. She didn’t want this moment to come.

 

“Two or one month. I’m sorry.”

 

Yoohyeon nodded and stood up. She gave own hand to Minji and they left hospital.

 

She didn’t have to come back here anymore. She had two months to enjoy her last moments. Time was counted.

 

It was last chance to spent her last weeks with girlfriend. With her friends. Maybe make one of many dreams come true.

 

“I want to go on last date with you.” Yoohyeon said when they sat in her car. Minji was the one who drove them back to their apartment. Yoohyeon moved in, it was easier for them to live together.

 

“Do you have...” Minji swallowed her saliva. It was hard for her. Yoohyeon was acting as anything ever happened. “Do you have any wish?”

 

Yoohyeon was looking through window.

 

“Actually I always wanted to adopt dog, but I don’t want to leave the dog with you alone. Some time ago I was dreaming about getting engaged with you. I don’t know.” With corner of eye Minji saw how Yoohyeon shrugged her arms.

 

Dog.

 

Actually dog was nice idea. Minji could take the dog to her work or spent time with her and Yoohyeon. It was almost like making own family.

 

She didn’t want to think about scenarios like - without Yoohyeon it will be like...

 

No.

 

Minji stopped car next to the shop in which they could adopt dog.

 

“Okay, let’s get you a dog.” She said and opened the door for Yoohyeon.

 

“What? Minji-“

 

“Don’t worry, I can handle with dog. Or two.” She smiled and gave her hand, their finger interviewed. Yoohyeon stopped resisting. She let Minji be the most gorgeous girlfriend in the world.

 

Behind glass wall they saw different breads of dogs. Some were big, some were small.

 

Yoohyeon stopped when she saw two miniature spitzs, one white and one brown. She pointed with finger at them and smiled widely.

 

It’s been a while since Minji saw her girlfriend smiling.

 

“What do you think about these two?” She asked Minji. 

 

Minji laughed and agreed to take them both home.

 

Cherry and Pie.

 

And they came back home with two dogs.

 

From this moment the only thing they both could do, was enjoy every single small moment. Because it was all what they had left.

 

Time was precious thing, and from now, it was the most important thing they had left.