Chapter 7

Flowers - jiyoo au

Anemone.

 

When Yoohyeon heard what doctor told her, she was heartbroken. It hurt to see her giving up on own life. The only thing about Minji was sure, was their undying love. She wasn’t going to leave her.

 

And that’s what that flower means. Sickness or undying love.

 

 

 

 

After their coming back home Yoohyeon was defeated. She crawled into Minji’s bed and cried for hours. She didn’t want to receive Minji’s support or help.

 

Silver-haired girl made distance.

 

One day Yubin and Gahyeon (Minji’s sister), came to Minji’s apartment to visit Yoohyeon. But she didn’t let anyone in. Three of them stayed in living room.

 

Minji gave them cups with tea. There was silence around them. Even crying stopped, so probably Yoohyeon fell asleep.

 

“What exactly did doctor say?” Yubin asked.

 

Minji sat on sofa next to them and hid her face in hands.

 

“She’s in third stadium of cancer. There is possibility to have chemotherapy, but chances to defeat it are like... thirty percent.” She whispered.

 

Yubin took deep breath, with corner of eye Minji noticed how Gahyeon put her hand on older’s shoulder.

 

“Knowing Yoohyeon... she doesn’t want this, right?”

 

Yes. Exactly.

 

Yoohyeon gave up from the start, she didn’t even want to try. But Minji won’t let her be like this.

 

She can’t give up. Minji wouldn’t forgive herself.

 

“I will talk with her about this later.” Minji quietly said. Yubin nodded with agreement.

 

The doors opened and Yoohyeon showed up with her too big pijama. She noticed Yubin and Gahyeon being here and walked closer. Without any word she sat on Minji’s knees and cuddled in.

 

“Hey princess.” Minji whispered to her ear and softly cared her hair.

 

“What ever you decide...” Yubin started. “We are still your friends and we are not going anywhere.”

 

“I know.” They heard Yoohyeon’s quiet and weak voice. “I will try chemotherapy. Even if I don’t have much time left. I want to try for you all.”

 

Minji hugged her tighter. 

 

She shouldn’t do this for anyone else. She should do this for herself.

 

“Will you go with me at my first chemo session?”

 

Yubin softly smiled and leaned into Gahyeon’s side. Of course they would go.

 

For Yoohyeon they would do anything.