Chapter 2

Flowers - jiyoo au

Eglantine rose.

 

Meaning of wound to heal. Very fragile flower, easy to hurt. Means a need to heal after being hurt. To be patient and take own time for healing process.

 

Kim Minji still rembers it like it was yesterday. The day when she met mystery girl for the second time and talked to her.

 

 

 

 

 

Couple days later Minji closed her shop earlier, there wasn’t any clients. Bora suggested her to go for a coffee. 

 

Lee Gahyeon - younger step sister of Minji’s - owned cafeteria on the same street. Both of them lived in this area.

 

Minji pushed the door and sat down at one of the tables, Bora went to order their coffees. Gahyeon was nowhere to be seen, probably she left her cafeteria or was in the back with some paper work. Behind the casher were Dahyun and Sana, two best friends of her sister. They worked for her.

 

Psychology student came back to Minji and sat in front of her with two mugs of coffee. 

 

“I passed my exams, we should make a party and celebrate.” Bora gave her mug filled with her favourite coffee. She was drinking caramel macchiato. 

 

It was Bora’s second University, she was a dancer but during one of her performances she fell down and sadly got a knee injury. She was forced to change her job. 

 

Minji agreed and took a sip of her drink, everything was peaceful until Bora decided to hit her arm.

 

“Isn’t that black rose girl?” She whispered

 

“Who?” Minji narrowed her eyes and started to look around. She noticed silver-haired girl sitting in the corner reading some book. “Oh, that girl.”

 

Florist came back to drinking her coffee like anything ever happened but Bora was still looking at her with wide eyes.

 

“What?” She asked and put her mug down.

 

“Just go and talk to her.” She took Minji’s coffee away. “There’s no way I will let you forget about it.”

 

Minji didn’t know why she wanted that bad for her to get know some stranger. But that was Bora. Chaotic and loud friend of hers who never did anything logically. She just had crazy ideas and they were meant to be done. 

 

But okay, she didn’t want to have Bora annoying her just because of stranger girl, so she stood up and bravely walked closer to silver-haired girl’s table. Girl noticed someone’s absence and she lifted up her head to look at florist. Her face expression was with out any change, still serious and not-smiling.

 

“Hi” Minji said and quickly glanced at the book she was reading. It was Vincent’s Van Gogh biography. “I wanted to ask you, maybe would you like to go out with me?”

 

Other’s girl eyes widened in surprise. 

 

“You don’t even know me ma’am.” 

 

Minji started to feel nervous, it never happened to her before while talking with pretty girls.

 

“You have a point, we only saw each other once.” Minji pointed with finger at free spot on the chair next to her with asking look. Girl nodded in agreement to silence question. Florist sat down and placed her hands on the table. “Look, do you see that friend with who I came?” 

 

Silver-haired turned around and spared a short glance at Bora.

 

“She made me to ask you out, I know you may not be interested...” Minji said calmly. “But what would you say for a friendly meeting?”

 

Minji was waiting for the answer with a small smile on her face. Other girl was studying her expression.

 

“Okay” she took her hand out to Minji’s direction. “Kim Yoohyeon.”

 

Florist smiled widely. Kim Yoohyeon. Pretty name for pretty girl. After shaking hands Yoohyeon gave her phone number.

 

Somewhere in Minji’s head thoughts were running like a crazy, she was exited to get know Yoohyeon better. Maybe they could become friends. 

 

Also she remembered how Yoohyeon bought black rose, so Minji knew that she has to be careful. Yoohyeon could be hurt and trying to get better. 

 

Like eglantine rose.