Chapter 1

Stupid Cupid

Yerim has been looking for the arrows for hours and hours since she was snapped by the Counselor. She has been scanning every person her eyes met but to no avail, she saw nothing special. She can’t be sure if she’s just lucky or not but so far she hasn't seen someone with an arrow on their chest. It would be very nice if no one got actually hit so that she can just go back to the above realm and report that no one got hit and then go and chill on her sweet abode or maybe continue playing some human games on her human device. She had seen some arrows on the ground,  at the tree, and sometimes on an animal but not on a human. 

 

She slumped down on a bench to take a rest as she roamed her eyes on the people passing by. 

 

“Gotcha!” She saw the first person with an arrow stuck on her chest. She felt a bit disappointed but this mission looks so fun and she would rather waste her time on the human realm wandering than getting scolded again and again and again.

 

She looked around and when the coast was clear, she snapped her finger and transformed to her human form. She then followed the girl who seemed to be rushing on her way. 


 

The girl entered an establishment, greeted the person on the admission, and disappeared on Yerim’s sight. Once she got the sight of the arrow, a magical trace appeared from it, so she got to track it easier. She silently followed the girl until she reached the fourth floor where an automatic door stopped her. She needs an authorized keycard to access the door. She looked around and luck was on her side when she saw the sign that they needed a new programmer and a new HR. After making sure that no one was around she snapped her fingers and a folder landed on her arms, an application form with impressive information.

 

“This is it!” She then pressed the doorbell and after a few presses, someone opened the door. 

 

“Hi! I want to apply for this position!”

 

“Oh! A walk-in applicant, come here, come here!” A guy let Yerim in. He led her to a room where she found the same girl she’s following. Inside the office is a bright environment, colors are everywhere and people work in their own spaces where they can think creatively.

 

“Hi, are you a new applicant?” The short-haired girl greeted her as lively as ever.

 

“Y-yeah”

 

“In what position?” 

 

Yerim didn’t know what to say. She forgot the other words on the sign, she just remembered the HIRING! part. The other girl waited for her with her eyes encouraging her to say something. Luckily her eyes landed on a familiar word under the ‘Wendy Shon’ plate. 

 

“P-programmer!” Then she gulped she was sure she read that word earlier. 

 

“We’re out of people here so I’m also the person that will assess you.” The short-haired girl apologized. 

 

“Okay…” She relieved a sigh. The person she’s talking to is a very nice person. Honestly, Yerim doesn’t know how things like this happen in the human realm so she just goes with the flow 

 

“Since you just walked in I will introduce myself first, I am Wendy Shon the CEO and the Senior Programmer of this little company. I basically command everyone here. Uhm, can I see your form? You can take a seat.”

 

Yerim then handed in her folder. She doesn't know what’s inside there, she doesn’t even know if there’s something in there but she trusts and believes the One from the above realm to help her.

 

“This is amazing!” Exclaimed the CEO with her eyes wide. “I haven’t seen a profile like this before. You can start your own application system with this knowledge.”

 

“Amazing right?” Yerim arrogantly said. She likes it when someone is complimenting her whatever the situation as long as it sounds nice in her ears.

 

“I’m not sure if I can meet your salary expec--”

 

“Don’t worry about it, just hire me.” 

 

The president was taken aback but still proceeded, “Then you’re hired! You can start right now!”

 

“Wait but I want to start tomorrow!” She pouted.

 

“S-sure, sorry just got excited. Tomorrow one of my employees will tour you around. I will send you an email just for formalities'' Wendy winked at her. She didn’t know why and even what an email was but she just nodded.


 

The next day, Yerim toured around the office as promised and even introduced to her own space. It was just a basic space with what a programmer needs, a computer. Turning on the computer was an obstacle for her as she was made to shoot arrows and not to turn on a computer. But as a majestic being, she used her power to get basic knowledge on computers in just a snap. She wanted to know more than typing on the keyboard and clicking on the mouse. 

 

“Don’t be so nervous Ms. Park, you will do good and the boss will like you for sure.” It was the same guy who let her in the office. He was with a tall gorgeous lady that made every head turn and hers especially as she noticed an arrow in her chest. Not in an explicit way, she was the only one who could see that arrow. 

 

The guy led the lady to the CEO’s office for her interview just like she did the other day. She assumes she will apply for the HR position.

 

“I should do something,” she whispered to herself.

 

Peeking at the interview is illegal but the other employees are doing it too, they wanted to take a glimpse of the beauty and potential coworker. Yeri tiptoed and even tried to climb on the back of one of her coworkers but failed, she couldn't reach the clear part of the half blurred door of the CEO’s office. That person whom she tried to climb his back, threw her away making her land on her bum.

 

“OUCH! Who's that?!"

 

"Yah! Don't climb on my back!" Yeri glared at the guy and used just a little of her magic to push them to compress them more.

 

"Who's pushing?! Stop that!"

 

“THEY’RE DONE THEY’RE DONE!” Just in time when Yerim stood up and dusted her skirt, the peeking guys rushed on her way as the door of the CEO opened as she once again landed on her bum. 

 

“Ehem! What are you doing? And… miss Kim?” said Wendy with the new girl beside her.

 

“I was just passing by Boss…” She excused but given her awkward position, she looks like she’s not just passing by.

 

“Are you done with your tasks?”

 

“Not yet, I’ll be on my way now” she looked at them one last time if there is already something between the two. She is not rushing but the faster they fall in love the better. 

 

Though it looks like everyone was already settled, they are still peeking at the pair of ladies as they went on their way out of the floor.

 

“Boss is amazing, how can she keep a straight face in front of that pretty girl, we all know she’s not straight.” whispered the guy next to her. This mission looks plausible, looks like the new girl is already swooned by the CEO.


 

“I will make sure you two will end up together!”

 


 

A-yo!

How was the chapter? I hope it's getting interesting to y'all. I'm still writing half of this story but don't worry I will make sure to finish it hehe. Then I will continue my other stories :) Please look forward to it.