Chapter 3

Stupid Cupid

There is no significant change in the office for Yeri even though there is a girl added and if there are any that would be the more annoying boys gathering not to but to take a look at the new HR. 

 

“Yah! You’ve passed here more than twelve times now!”

 

“What do you mean, I’m getting my coffee”

 

“You need 12 cups of coffee in less than an hour? We only have black coffee here, how can you take that?”

 

“I will overtime…” that’s all the guy said before leaving. Yerim scoffed, she is sure that’s not the real reason. It’s been more than a week since Joy was hired and the girl spreads joy just like her name as if she was named just to do that.

 

 It is somehow frustrating for Yeri to see nothing is happening on Wendy’s arrow while Joy’s bloomed the moment she landed her eyes on the president. She has to work harder. She can’t stay on a mission for too long. There are still people who have invisible arrows stuck on their chests still wondering if they can find their other half. And so she started to take the first move.

 

Yeri knocked on the president’s office and took a peek inside “Hi President, do you have a minute?” 

 

“Come in,” the president quickly glanced at the younger girl before continuing to do things on her computer. “What’s up?” She casually asked.

 

Yeri really liked Wendy’s attitude towards her staff, she could only wish every president were like her. 

 

“I’m here to thank you for hiring that pretty girl, I’m sure you didn’t hire her just because of me since I told you that we need her. The teasing got less for sure but… those guys can’t stop passing in front of my place. I can’t work properly.” She tried very hard to create a cute pout and she hopes the president will fall for it. 

 

“Hmmmm… She's sitting beside you right? Are you the only one affected? Do you have any solution for that problem?” 

 

"Put her table here in your office, maybe?"

 

Wendy nodded as if Yeri’s suggestion was a good idea.

 

“No”

 

“Righ- What? You said no?”

 

Wendy sighs she leaned closer gesturing Yeri to do the same as if she will tell something that no one else should know, “Inside this office is where the company’s best asset is located”

 

“Wow… The company’s deepest secret is here?”

 

“No. I am the best asset” Wendy deadpanned. “I shouldn’t be distracted”

 

“You’re saying you get distracted by Miss Joy’s beauty. I understand.”

 

“No-”

 

“I get it Boss, don’t worry, and thank you for hearing me out. Miss Joy is that pretty huh”

 

And with that, Yeri left the office with a flustered president. 


 

“What should I do… I’m running out of time…” Yeri slumped down pretty hard on her table that made the girl beside her startled.

 

“Is there anything wrong, Yeri-ssi?” Joy was concerned especially hearing that loud thud from the fall of her head. 

 

“I’m fine Miss Joy,” Yeri said without lifting her head.

 

“You can just call me Joy or unnie. It looks like I’m older than you. Miss Joy just sound too distant” 

 

Yeri rolled her head to the side to look at the smiling girl, “Okay unnie. How about the president? What would you prefer her to call you?” 

 

With Joy’s growing smile she replied, “My wife or something like that.” she winked at the baffled Yeri. “Your expression is so funny Yeri-ah. This is also a warning for whoever likes the president that I am their greatest contender. Now please excuse me. I have to give this to my future wife.” She laughed then undo two buttons of her shirt before proceeding to the president’s office with papers in her hand, shocking Yeri who was already speechless.

 

 

“I think I should just sit here and watch Joy do my job…”

 

After a while, Joy came back and Yeri noticed something aside from that big smile on her face. 

 

“You just ed two before leaving here, why is it three now?”

 

“Oh, this? I undid another one before stepping inside, it’s worth it though.” she casually replied before closing it back to its decent look.


 

A ping sound interrupted them, it was an email notification saying that they will be having their first meeting as a whole team for their most awaited update. After half an hour they all gather at the conference room, this is by far the biggest room Yeri has seen inside their small office floor.

 

Seeing the people inside, Yeri almost let out a laugh when she saw Joy already situated right next to the president with one of her buttons undid, it seems like the three undid buttons are for the president’s eyes only. 

 

Wendy started the meeting once all of the people inside had their seats. 

 

“In this meeting, we will talk about the update release and the files I sent to you through email are the details of it. Shall we start?”




 

Sooyoung scanned the whole file and just by looking at it, the update will become a big hit. The meeting was so long that after it it’s already time to clock out. She is now checking the files in her apartment in her comfortable outfit.

 

One of the app’s best changes is the graphic user interface or the overall design of the new app. It stepped up and went to the minimalist style far from the gradient styles that seem to be the trend for most of the designs. The new design alone can sabotage the whole project and will be more than enough for her job as a spy. This will secure her recommendation letter. If she will send this within the day, they will change it a little and implement it immediately to their new upcoming app. On the other hand, it will cause a delay to the update release of the LVL and will change a lot as the functions heavily rely on the design which means more sleepless nights ahead.

 

“This is so frustrating…” she dropped her tired body to the sofa carelessly dropping the files from her hands. As if on cue, her phone rang with the words “Ballon Company”. She picked it up.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Sooyoung-ssi, any report from that company?”

 

“None” she lied.

 

A minute of silence before the other line replied, “Make sure you’re doing your job, or else I will let them know who you really are and what you are doing there. We just need a little bit of information from them. If you are not capable of doing it I'm afraid you will not get any recommendation letter from any companies." The line went off even before she could say a word. 

 

"What should I do…" 

 


 

it's past Wednesday here but it's okay. It's a special day. I want to thank everyone who followed this story. I hope I'm not boring you guys too much. Let me know what you all think about this. I love to see your comments :)