Chapter 6 FINALE

Stupid Cupid

Wendy knocked on the door but it seems like no one is on the other side. Did she get it wrong? This is the right floor and the right room. This is Joy’s address (based on her real profile). She straightened her posture when she heard the lock system. 

 

“What is it?! It’s still early in the morning. I swear to--- WENDY?!”

 

“Hi…” she awkwardly said. It looks like she is not the early person and she loves the color green, as per her pajamas. 

 

“H-hey… wait a minute” Joy closed the door gently and then she rushed to fix herself. She was too tired last night thinking of Wendy so she woke up later than usual. As promised she showed herself after a minute dressed well and made herself look like she didn’t just wake up.

 

“Hey… come inside”

 

Wendy let herself in. She looked around and everything was just like Joy, her personality and style reflects in her home. She sat down and the silence engulfs the surroundings, it is not an awkward silence more like the mind of one of them is floating.

 

“I’m happy to see you…” Joy said in a small voice. 

 

“Me too…” she replied softly.

 

The silence is deafening and Joy doesn't know what to do. She wasn’t prepared for this. 

 

“That company told me everything… the Balloon Company, that’s where you’re from, right?” Joy nods, “They send me your real information and all.”

Once again silence fills the atmosphere both are trying to find the words to say. Their eyes are everywhere but to each other.

 

“I’m sorry. I know you’re mad at me and probably won’t forgive what I did. I should’ve declined to do that stupid task in the first place. I know my reason shouldn’t be an excuse to justify my actions. I thought if I help them, give them what they need, I will leave your company faster. And I’m getting scared…” Wendy looked at her only for their eyes to meet. “I'm scared that what I feel will go deeper where I can’t get out of it but while I’m waiting for them to pull me out away from you but I just get closer to you. I thought we will not see each other the sooner I am done with everything and the faster I could get that recommendation letter. I may lie about my identity to you but I’ve been honest about what I feel to you.”

 

The president looked away flustered at Joy’s confession. She started to feel her face getting warmer and probably getting red. “I-I’m still mad, you know!” She tried her best to not stutter but failed and didn’t realize that she puffed out a cute pout. 

 

“I know and I didn’t expect you to forgive me for that. That’s why I decided to quit my job.”

 

“What? It doesn’t affect the company at all and we can file legal actions against that company. You can stay with us…”

 

But Joy only smiled at her, “No. I need to take a break and do you think I’ll be fine to see the faces of people I betrayed? It would be hard to look at them without feeling guilty. I want to reflect on the things I’ve done.”

 

“But how about that letter you needed?” 

 

“That can wait.”

 

“Fine. But just so you know the company is open for you, you're welcome anytime you can come in.”

 

Joy walked towards her, took the space beside her, and leaned forward, “How about you? Are you open for me?”

 

The president’s heart pounds so loud that she is sure the other girl can feel it.

 

“Please be gentle,” she replied shyly.

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“What? See you can’t handle me!”

 

Wendy stayed for a little while. She didn’t expect that Joy’s couch would be so comfortable to sit on. They talked about things and that includes how they meet and why they meet.


 

*

For Yeri, it is the best day to breathe away from the annoying office. Without the boss who is still on her leave and the other girl who’s supposedly supervising them aka the HR, everyone is doing their own thing. They have nothing to work hard anyways just fixing a few bugs here and there they can slack off for a while. 

 

The pretty Joohyun unnie placed down her first order eliciting an amused reaction from Yeri then followed by the next plate and then the last one. The older girl chuckled at the different expressions from the girl upon seeing each of the food. But even before she could take a bite of her carrot cake, two familiar figures entered the cafe with their arms linked together.

 

“...boss?” She watched the two girls go to the counter, Joohyun too who was behind the counter looked surprised when she recognized her friend but proceeded to just ask them for their orders. Yeri looked at the approaching pair who were still unaware of her presence. She watched them take their seats and then once again immersed in their own world. 

 

Seems like she has to do the thing. 

 

“Good morning ladies!” Yeri could tell her boss was shocked to see her popping beside them but the other girl displays her usual annoyed face. Just like whenever she tries to borrow things from the older girl at the wrong times. 

 

“Can I talk to you two for a while…” but she didn’t wait for a response as she grabbed the chair to the nearest table and sat down adjacent to the pair. 

 

“H-hey Yeri, what’s up!” Wendy uttered nervously. If there is a person that can nonstop, that would be Yeri and she knows that the younger girl is about to say some things that would make her flustered. 

 

“Nothing really, just missing my boss and my co-worker wondering what happened to them but I think they’re doing fine.”

 

“Yeah, they’re perfectly fine and heard they’re dating” Joy then grabbed Wendy’s hand, interlocking their hands in front of the younger girl. 

 

“Sweet” Yeri sarcastically retaliated with a scrunched face. “Anyway, congratulations to the both of you. I thought no one would start a move. I have to push one of you hard enough to shake your skull.”


 

“I think that’s unnecessary…”

 

“I want to give you two something special so please close your eyes.”

 

As a good boss that she is, Wendy closed her eyes while the other girl named Sooyoung also known as Joy glared instead and said, “What are you up to?” 

 

“Just close your eyes, I just have to do something!”

 

“I won’t close my eyes until you tell me what it is” the sassy girl crossed her arms testing the cupid to do what she should do without condition. 

 

“Should I beat you up until you pass out just to close your eyes?”

 

“Just follow her!” Wendy, who was following from the start burst out.

 

“Fine!” and Joy finally closed her eyes.

 

“Whipped”

 

Luckily there are very few people inside the cafe since it is still early in the morning and the pretty barista is busy making orders. There are no human eyes looking at her. 

 

Yeri placed her hand in front of the girls’ chest exactly where the invisible arrows are located. Slowly the golden arrowheads showed themselves as if she was pulling it without touching. Eventually, the arrows were fully out from the girls' chest then transformed into small golden artifacts. Once secured in her hands, she hid it inside her pocket. And now she should make something that she can actually give to them. She came up with keychains with animal prints on it, one is a squirrel and the other one is a chick. Oh, and she shouldn't forget this one thing, a resignation paper. 

 

“You can open your eyes now” the two girls then opened their eyes surprised to see cute keychains in front of them. 

 

“This is so cute! Thank you” Yeri didn’t expect the grateful hug from Joy, “This is the first time someone gave me something like this” 

 

Yeri gasped, “So Boss unnie hadn’t given you anything yet? Keep up your game Boss unnie”

 

“I-it’s not like that… we’re just starting…” Wendy pouted as she muttered her defense in which she earned snickers from the younger girls. 

 

“Anyway, I have another thing to give since the both of you are in charge of things like these” the younger presented her resignation letter in front. Wendy picked it up and read its contents with curious Joy leaning over to join her girlfriend and read the letter. 

 

“Why? Is my company lacking? Do you need anything else?” The CEO was confused by the sudden decision from the girl, she wanted to know what she was thinking.

 

“No! Your company is the best and you are the best boss I could ever wish for but… I finished my job there.”

 

“O-okay…”

 

“Just like that?” Yeri was dumbfounded. She thought there would be begging and she even prepared a long- monologue just to let her out of the company but that seems unnecessary.

 

“Oh. Cool. I will clean up my desk tomorrow”

 

“Good luck!” winked Joy who looks happy that she is leaving. Maybe to get out of the teasing?

 

“But if you want to come back my company is open for a talented girl like you”

 

“HECK NO!”  Joy and Yeri said in unison. 

 

“Don’t worry about me Boss I can find my way” Yeri said as proudly as ever.

 

“See you two around!”

 


 

I guess that's it.... yeah... 

 

the girls are coming back please give them support ^.^