ii.

Stupid Cupid

 

“Counselor! I did it!” 

 

Taeyeon lifted her head from the desk to look at the coming rookie cupid. Since this accident happened, her work has increased. Aside from the paperwork, she is also helping in the human realm without telling Yeri because she is afraid the younger Cupid will depend on her too much.

 

Yeri waved the shining arrows in front of the Counselor boasting her achievement. The moment she leaves the human realm, the arrows are no longer invisible to everyone and return to their true form. 

 

“Very good! Any notable observations on its features?” the Counselor asked with a serious tone. 

 

Yeri took her time thinking, digging the information from her brain. The difference in features and function of an arrow is in chapter 8 of 1st volume of her Introduction to Cupidry book. But she retrieved nothing. “T-they magically got together like fate, yeah. I-it’s like Joy popped up out of nowhere in front of us. I think that’s it. Yeah, that would be its feature.”

 

“Yeah?” The Counselor knows very well who is behind the meeting of the two. It was her all along. They also did their own search and fortunately, they found one. They confirmed the arrow’s identity and it matched with the arrow that Yeri found. 

 

“Sure of it, Counselor,” the latter replied. She forgets how many times she’d lied but as long as it will get her out of trouble then she'll say whatever. 

 

The Counselor sighed and decided to tell the girl the truth, "I was the one who suggested to bring Sooyoung there. I disguised myself as someone and sent her. We thought this mission would be impossible if we didn't do anything.”

 

Yeri looked at the older woman with wide eyes as if she was betrayed.

 

“And you didn’t tell me? Y-you just let me do all the work…”

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes at the overreaction from the girl. “We don’t want you to be dependent on us once you know it and I am also the one behind the delivery incident.”

 

“What… so that’s not fate…”

 

Taeyeon shook her head, “We have to intervene”

 

“Anyway, what we learned from the arrows so far are: 

  1. Just like any other arrow, it will show us the red thread of fate. The connection of the arrows. 
  2. It still has the function of developing feelings for each host of the arrows. 
  3. It will bloom once those people have confirmed their feelings for each other. And that’s when we can pull it from them. 

In short, it works just fine. Just like a regular arrow. But it’s too soon to know, we can gather more information from other arrow pairs. I can feel that there is more than what we know so far.”

 

“You did a good job to the first pair, they seem to be on good terms and that is because of you. You pulled out their arrows and so we can call this a successful mission.” She looked at the younger girl and smiled like a proud mother. This may be the most complicated way of learning their job but Yeri is doing it very well she may become the next Counselor, who knows. 

 

“However, we still have arrows to find and we can’t stay on this couple forever. I will send another cupid to look over them and observe if there is anything special and you will go to the next couple. Maybe on this one, we can finally get how these arrows work. And fortunately, we found one arrow and we can send you there directly if you want.” Suggests the Counselor.

 

“I think there’s no need for that. I already found that matching arrow I think you’re talking about and at the same time I can look over Wendy and Joy and observe them, no need to send another cupid.” Taeyeon raised her brows amazed at what she just heard, “Are you sure about that?”

 

“Positive Counselor!”

 

A proud smile formed on the Counselor’s lips, “Okay then I will trust you it looks like you already know what to do. Then we will not interfere and will let you do things but if you need anything just say it to me.”

 

“I will just go there by myself. I just need you to make me an employee of the Reve Cafe. I hate those application interviews.”

 

But the Counselor looked at her confused “At the cafe?”

 

“Yeah so please hurry up, I will be on my way so make sure I’m already a worker when I get there!” Yeri was so excited to do her new mission that she missed the confused look of the Counselor. She rushed out of the office leaving her superior no choice but to comply with her request.

 

“But the arrow we found is not from the cafe…” 





 

 *

 

I'm back??????????????