Chapter 5

Stupid Cupid

This is one of the rarest days when the president wasn’t around the office and what’s weirder is that it is the day of the update release. A day where the president’s presence is most needed but she sent each of them an email of congratulation to everyone being so supportive and proud to her team. That should be fine. But one girl is more worried than anyone else. 


 

What if… I sent them the update details though. They should’ve made an update before this but they’re being quiet.

 

Joy rushed to check her email, the first one she made for the Balloon Company, but there’s nothing. So she went out for a while, excusing that she had to make a call. 

 

“Hello! This is Hermes Delivery services. My name is Kim Taengu, how can I help you?”

 

“Hi, my name is Park Sooyoung. I dropped off an important document and said that I need you to send that within the day? What happened? Nothing came?”

 

“Okay… when did you drop it off?”

 

“Around… two weeks ago”

 

“So shouldn’t you call us immediately? I mean… I’m sorry I’m not the one to say that. Okay, let me check…” 

 

Joy waits for a minute, she hears some moving of things and mumbles from the other line.

 

“Ah, about the packages two weeks ago. There was an accident with the truck that handled them but no worries the driver was safe but some of the packages are missing and some got damaged in the accident. So if they didn’t receive it then it might be the one destroyed.”

 

“What? That’s stupid!”

 

“Well, accidents happen. But don’t worry we will refund you.”

 

“Shut up!” and then she hung up. 

 

Without thinking too much, and since she is outside, she hailed a taxi cab with going to Wendy’s house in mind. But oh, she forgot she didn’t know the president’s address. She only walked the president until the bus stop, she didn't reach the real house. She dialed Yeri’s phone. 

 

“Yeri-ah I need your help! Fast ask the president’s address for me!” and then in an instant there is a text message from Yeri, it’s Wendy’s address. 

 

“Wow! That’s fast! I owe you one”

 

She then told the driver where to go. Upon reaching the place, she was shocked to see the president’s humble abode. It was rather simple for a CEO but then it’s Wendy, the most down-to-earth person she knew and she is sure Yeri gave her the right address, right?

 

She knocked three times. “Wendy?” But nothing. She is starting to doubt Yeri and so she calls her to assure if the address she gave was right. But even before the person on the other line picked up she heard a voice from behind the closed door, “Who is that?” 

 

Though it was not so loud, she is sure that is Wendy’s voice. “It’s me Joy… I mean Sooyoung”. She will be honest to Wendy starting from now. She has nothing to lose, she just received a message from that Balloon company firing her and she is sure Wendy will do the same. But if there’s something she’s holding on to, it is her feelings to the president. She has been honest with her feelings from the start. 

 

“GO AWAY!” Joy’s heart dropped. Though behind those doors that voice is the loudest she heard from the president. 

 

“Hear me out please!”

 

“Just leave me alone.... please”

 

It saddens Joy, she isn’t used to the weak reply of the president she is usually the gentle yet powerful voice. Maybe they both need time to think but Joy wouldn’t let that take too long she will wait until the right time. 

 

“Okay. But I will come back and try to say everything to you when the both of us are ready.” 



 

*

“I knew I could see you here.” Wendy looked up to see Yeri taking a seat beside her. “Everyone is worried you’ve been absent for three days… Joy too”

 

Wendy has to go to work but she is not yet ready to be at the office, there are just a lot of good memories that might distract her from work.

 

“I hope both of you are going to be alright… I can’t work properly!” the younger tried to joke but the president just smiled bitterly at her.

 

“Wendy-unnie, I don’t know what happened to you and Joy-unnie but I can see, no not just me but everyone saw how happy you are when you’re with her. There must be a reason for everything. Listen to whatever she will say and listen to your heart.”

 

Yeri knew. She knows everything. The Counselor is updating her on everything.

 

“She lied to me. I don’t know why she did that. With or without those excellent attributes on her profile I would still hire her. I can’t see bad intentions through her actions, it just makes me confused.” Wendy’s brows frowned trying to think of any possible reason.

 

“She is the only one who can answer that.”

 

But deep inside of her, she is not sure if she can face the other girl yet. She sure took her time but whenever she is in front of her she starts to melt and can’t think well and her eyes seem like it has a mind of its own as it will only look at Joy and only her. However, if she does not do anything, their situation might get worse and she would not get what she wanted, which is Joy. “Right... I think this is the right time to talk to her.” The president took all of her things and then left a tip at the table. “W-wait! I don’t know her address…”

 

“You have her real profile right?!” Yeri reminded her.

 

“Ah yes! Wait, how did you know?”

 

“Just go!”

 

Yeri watched the president rush out of the cafe. 

 

“They better hurry up, I need to go and find the next pair…” as she turns her attention to the table she saw the tip from the president, you can tell she is of higher position by the amount of the tip she can actually order a fine coffee with that money. 

 

“Oh, Yeri-yah?”

 

“Joohyun-unnie!” the younger chimed to the pretty barista.

 

“Where is Wendy?”

 

“She left already…”

 

“Really? How about this ice cream cake she ordered?” Just then she noticed the dessert on the barista’s hand, a delicious ice cream cake.

 

“I-I’ll just take it, how much is it?”

 

“81”

 

Yeri counted the supposed tip and it’s just 80. “Geez… what president…” at least it is more than 99% off for her so she just takes out one more and hands it to Joohyun.

 


Hmmmmm what will happen to Wenjoy? Will Yeri finally understand the secrets of the arrows? IDK tooo T.T LOL

 

Just a head's up this will be my first time writing angst... and until now I'm editing at the last minute but I hope it will make sense. So I will apologize in advance, it will not be a good one but still please look forward to it. After Wenjoy is the next pair, which I think you already know base on tags LMAO 

 

Thank you for reading and Thank you Thank You to those who subscribe, commented, and of course, upvoted this. I am touched T.T . I hope I'm not disappointing you HUHU