Chapter 0

Stupid Cupid

 

*notes at the end

 

 

One of the main objectives of The Cupid’s Association in this world is to bring love to the people of the Earth. The association was built when the people started to not prioritize love, not just for two people but in general. A lot of people started to not care for themselves, there are also people who care for themselves too much, people using other people for their personal gain, and so much more that can make one’s life complicated. It the happiness out of them. The Association believes that love is happiness and they will do everything to spread love and to start a peaceful world for everyone.

 

And as an association, they also face internal problems. 

 

“I understand that this is your first major project and you may have some oops moments but I didn’t expect it to be this big.” The Counselor stated emphasizing the last two words. While Yeri is in front of her with her head hung low, she can’t even properly look in the Counselor’s direction.

 

“I-Isn’t that our job? To drop arrows and we believe that love is love so whoever caught it will be fine and we will just look over them and just let them explore their hearts.” defended the younger girl. 

 

The Counselor collected herself first, shocked from what she heard, “Yes, it is our job to shoot arrows, not drop them to people. And we made research first before releasing them, not just randomly dropping them away. It could leave unpredicted movements of the numbers of our graph and it means chaos to us. If we lead a person to the wrong one, they would suffer unexplainable pain that even they can’t tell they are hurting. A wrong timing arrow can cause confusion and doubt. We are not ready to deal with a great amount of these events so the ‘upper ones’ will send others to take over and control the whole association that will ignore everything we’ve been working on just to finish their own task…” she continued mumbling the rest that seems like she’s now ranting.

 

“! I wouldn’t worry this much if those arrows are just ordinary, those are the experimental prototype ones! We are not yet sure of what it can do to humans. Since those are prototype models we can easily pull it out from them, however, its unique features will stay with those people and that is the thing we don’t know about it, its features.”

 

“Pull it? We pull arrows from people?” 

 

“We don’t usually do that but when we do there is a reason, we make sure that the pair are totally fine if they are not together. I must admit not all of the pairs we chose are perfect for each other so we pull out arrows for their own good. We don’t decide for them, they are the ones who decide it. How do we know? It is what their hearts want. Prototypes on the other hand are meant to be pulled out because they are still under observation. We don’t know what this one can do, will they just repel like the same pole magnets or will they forget each other's existence completely. No idea!”

 

“There are features like that? But isn’t this a great opportunity to test those arrows? We can call this destiny and we can try it out in real-time!”  

 

“Are you trying to make your mistake sound like a good thing? Testing it on real people is very dangerous. We have high technology simulation for our arrows and that’s how we test them. Unbelievable. So here’s what I want you to do - go to the human realm. Find those arrows, pull them out from someone if necessary and bring it back here. Let’s just wish it would hit fewer people or better none.”

 

“I’m going alone?”

 

“Bye.” 

 

And just like that, Taeyeon snapped her fingers and the younger girl disappeared in front of her. She’s exhausted, stressed, and frustrated but this little silence may get her off for a while.

 

“I need my coffee…”

 


 

It's been a while... 

 

I got really hyped at the comeback news that I forgot my promise to myself to finish this first before posting it but I'm taking too much time. As you can see I started it in Feb but posted it just now :P

 

How are you guys? I hope you're doing fine. Might keep it open to all so... please consider commenting or upvoting ehe!

 

Updates: Wednesdays (????)