FAB II. Jeon Somi

Flesh and Blood

They continued driving and then saw a convenience store along the way, it seems like nobody is in there. Miyeon was planning to take some food and supplies they need, so she decided to stop Soyeon from driving.

 

"Could you stop right there, Soyeon-ah?."

 

"Sure, unnie." Soyeon then parked the car on the other side of the road, parallel to the position of the convenience store, she already know why Miyeon told her to do so.

 

"Wait here for me." Miyeon then gathered the things she need, luckily she still have two magazine of ammos left. She got the gun from the Security Guard that is unconscious on the ground right after she gain conscious again. But she was not sure, if she's human when she woke up or something else, just the thought of something came into her mind, making her scared more than ever.

 

Flashback:

 

Miyeon was trying her best to stop the door from breaking while struggling to keep the zombie above her still. When the door finally breaked down, the zombie was pushed further towards her, almost biting her neck when she suddenly covered the zombie's mouth with her palm instinctively. She was supposed to kick the zombie, when the zombie immediately grabbed the hand she used to cover its mouth with both of its hands, and bit her wrist. She then kicked the zombie with all her strength and stepped on its head, killing it.

 

She looked at her wrist it was bleeding bad. She runs into some room, closed the door, and collapsed on the floor. Right after some couple of minutes, she gained conscious and then looked at her right wrist where she was bitten, to her surprise. There was no mark or scar left on her skin, its like. It disappeared suddenly. She saw an unconscious guard on the floor and looks like the guard was shot and died. She wasted no time and immediately took the gun and the remaining magazine of ammos. Remembering the situation they're in, she immediately run towards the school gate because she knows that's where the other girls will be getting Minnie. Miyeon heard the girl's conversation on her phone as she runs. 

 

Miyeon saw the gate, she was about to run straight to it when she saw someone get attacked by a zombie, she didn't hesitate to run towards them and shoot the zombie in the head. She was surprised and relieved at the same time to see that it was Minnie. She carried the girl and when they saw Soyeon's car they immediately go for it. And here they are now.

 

End of Flashback~~

 

"Do you need someone to accompany you, unnie?." Soyeon asked the brunette. Miyeon stopped for a moment and looked at Soyeon, then the girls. They were all looking at her, waiting for her response. She opened to answer, but Minnie talked first.

 

"Of course she does, let me come with her." Minnie was about to get the car door opened when Yuqi held her wrist, stopping her.

 

"Don't, you barely can stand up. Let me accompany Miyeon-unnie instead." Yuqi was about to get out the car too, when Miyeon sighed.

 

"Both of you don't know how to fight, I'll just let Soyeon come with me."

 

"But she doesn't know how to fight too." Soojin replied, worry present in her tone. Shuhua noticed it, and Miyeon was confused at first but shrugged it off.

 

"Excuse me, I know how to fight. You forgot I was always bringing my baseball bat with me since I play softball." Soyeon retarded, its true that she plays softball, but she knows how to use her bat when it comes to fighting.

 

"Stop with the argue, I won't let anything happen to her." Miyeon said sincerely with a calm tone and looked at Soyeon, making the girl blush.

 

"Come on. Yuqi, lock the door and stay silent no matter what, put your phone in silent mode too just in case. We don't know what's out there. Minnie, just whistle if ever you see something, we'll return as fast as possible. Be careful." Miyeon continued.

 

"You be careful too, I'll smack you if you get hurt." Minnie warned, but Miyeon just smiled at her, thankful because her bestfriend is worried about her.

 

"Stay safe, Soyeon-unnie, Miyeon-unnie." It was Shuhua's turn to talk. It was the first sentence she said ever since the incident happen, the brunette and the blonde nodded their heads and proceeded to go.

 

Miyeon was readying her gun, while Soyeon is on her guard at her back, following her. They're taking cautious, silent steps not to attract attention. 

 

Miyeon checked above the glass door if there's any bell, and there is one. She slowly pushed the glass door and opened it abit for her to enter first. She then used some tube to cover the bell to stop it from making any noise. Then she let Soyeon enter. They proceeded to take atleast 3 carts, Soyeon suggested since she estimated the space in her car's luggage area.

 

"I think we should stay together instead of spreading, it's safer that way." Miyeon suggested.

 

"We should get food and water first for the 2 carts, then clothes, medicines, and other utilities for the last one." Soyeon shared.

 

They then proceeded to fill the 2 carts with food and water, and they took medical supplies with other utilities for the last cart as well, when Miyeon saw someone point their shotgun at her, actually it was a girl. Judging from her appearance, she's maybe younger than both Miyeon and Soyeon but is taller than them. Miyeon immediately raised her hands, and Soyeon was nowhere to be found.

 

"Uh, hey. Why don't we talk it out? I don't have any bad intentions here, we just wanna get some supplies." Miyeon said to the girl carefully not wanting to get the girl to shoot her. The girl just looked at her. Miyeon looked closely and noticed that the girl's eyes were puffy, the girl cried.

 

"Wh-who are you? and what is happening right now? I  just came from school, and I can see you're from the same school as me, what were those creatures that has been chasing me?." the girl asked Miyeon while shaking, the girl must have been so afraid that time, Miyeon felt sad, she wants to comfort the girl.

 

"Miyeon-unnie, I finish--." Soyeon then came with the carts with her, stopped in her tracks when she saw someone pointing a shotgun at her friend, more likely not just anyone but her cousin, Jeon Somi.

 

"Somi-ah?." Somi, upon hearing her cousin's voice dropped the gun and run towards the girl, embracing her while crying.

 

"Soyeon-unnie!!!." Somi cried, sobbing loudly. Soyeon was abit surprised at first, then hugged the girl patting her back, assuring the girl to calm down.

 

"Ssh, ssh. Don't cry now, Somi-ah. Unnie is here." Miyeon is sure amazed by what is happening right now, she has never seen this soft side of Soyeon before. She knows the girl cares about their group but she has never saw this kind of gesture from their group's leader. She's used to seeing her leader, firm aura, that can make you shiver under her gaze.

 

"I was so scared, Unnie. Jungkook-oppa and his friends helped me escape, but I wasn't able to call for help. I looked back and saw they were all attacked and bitten, I drove oppa's motorcycle here in our convenience store. This is the only place I can go to, since I don't know where to go yet." Somi said while still crying.

 

"I'm sorry Somi-ah, I know Jungkook did that to let you live, we must get to our parents soon to get help, come with me and my group for now, we know somewhere safe." Soyeon replied while still patting the girl. Miyeon then felt a vibration in her pocket, she took her phone and Yuqi was calling.

 

"Yuqi? What's happening?." Miyeon talked, Soyeon and Somi then looked at her. Somi is slowly arranging herself.

 

"Miyeon-unnie, could you please hurry? I don't wanna sound like too demanding but we've been feeling eerie atmosphere around here, we're kinda scared." Yuqi informed, this made Miyeon feel worried.

 

"Sure, sure. We'll be there immediately." Miyeon replied and hanged up.

 

"Did something happen?." It was Soyeon's turn to ask. Miyeon shook her head.

 

"No, let's just hurry. The girls are getting scared. Just take your cousin with us. I'll drive Jungkook's motorcycle and take the supplies with you." Miyeon instructed and they proceeded outside.

 

Somi helped with pushing the carts. Miyeon finally noticed a motorcycle infront of the store, she walked towards it. As much as she wants to say the motorcycle was really cool, now's not the time for such things. She followed the girls towards the car and helped them load the supplies. She saw Somi walked towards her and took something from her bag, it was a set of gear for her elbows and knees. 

 

"Wear this unnie, and I'm really sorry for pointing the shotgun at you earlier." Somi apologized after giving Miyeon the gear and pointed at the shotgun on her back.

 

"It's okay, I know you're just scared, and you saw me holding my gun earlier. Thanks for this too. Don't worry I know a place, a safe one where we can stay for the mean time." Miyeon said while putting the gear on, she was surprised when Somi lift her head and put the helmet on her head. But what surprised her more is when Somi said the next words she didn't expect hearing from her, 

 

"And you look so cool by the way, Miyeon-unnie." Somi said after putting the helmet on Miyeon while avoiding the brunette's gaze, a blush creeping up her cheeks. She immediately went inside the car, feeling shy. Miyeon was flustered with that, the girl was straightforward then immediately get embarrassed.

 

She heard Soyeon chuckled beside her.

 

"I didn't notice it earlier too unnie, but you do look cool, are you impressing someone?." Miyeon just tilted her head innocently, making Soyeon giggle. 

 

"Nevermind, be careful." Soyeon reminded and entered the car also. She looked at her appearance, and she saw her blouse was ripped showing her flat stomach with girl abs, maybe when she was strangled earlier. Her sleeves were ripped off because of the zombie gripping her arms, her blouse was abit dirty too, specs of blood can be seen, and she wore the guard's belt when she got the gun because it was still useful. 

 

She shook her head and proceeded to the motorcycle. She got on its seat and took the shades on its handle, and wore it. She drove near the driver's side of the car and told Soyeon some instructions.

 

"Just follow me Soyeon-ah, but I will be driving by your side in case we meet some zombies along the way. Somi-ah, I hope you can help me shoot some too using your shotgun." Miyeon instructed.

 

"Sure unnie." Somi replied and readied her gun.

 

"Just be careful too, unnie." Soyeon again reminded, Miyeon smiled, making the blonde's heart flutter. While a certain someone is literally feeling jealous.

 

Miyeon started the motor's engine and drove, maintaining her distance beside Soyeon while looking around too. 

 

Miyeon was giving or shouting the directions to Soyeon as they go. Sometimes she moves infront of the car too. 2 hours have passed and they finally got out of the city, wondering where should they head to next.

 

Eyo, sorry guys just wanted to give you a warning im a super slow updater kind of author, im just transferring the chapters from wattpad in here, its already chapter 6 in the wattpad app, im gonna transfer those in here and will continue working on chapter 7...im kinda busy with exam for our 1st sem final...stay safe y'all 👍🏻❤️