FAB VIII. Dark but still Beautiful

Flesh and Blood

"Why are you awake, sweety?." 

 

"Because I felt that you're not beside me." Soyeon muttered half-awake, eyelids are still closed. 

 

Shuhua was just there, watching the sweet interaction of the two amused. She literally forgot earlier how they found out yesterday that their fierce leader and their sweetest mat-unnie is dating and everyone can't believe it. She's surprised how Soyeon sweetly behaves and acts with Miyeon, but ofcourse, as the chic maknae she is, she didn't show it. She's happy for them, especially now that Miyeon's not going to bother her anymore. Or does she really?

 

"Ahem." Shuhua faked cough, thinking that it was too early for something sweet. The (fake) couple turned to her.

 

"Oh, Shuhua-yah. Why are you awake this early? I didn't see you there." Soyeon said. 

 

How will you? When you're so clingy with Miyeon-unnie?

 

'Wait, wait. No, no, no, no. What am I even thinking, ofcourse she'll cling to Miyeon-unnie because their dating.' Shuhua thought to herself, not believing herself to think like that, and especially towards their leader.

 

"A-ah, heh. I was thirsty, that's why. I'll be heading back to our room now." She laughed nervously and hurriedly walked out of the kitchen. 'Why am I being like this?.' The last question on her mind before she returned to their room. As she laid down, she faced Soojin and caressed her cheek softly, as if its a fragile piece of glass, trying not to wake the girl, she softly said.

 

"I love you so much, Soojin-ah. My Jinjin." And kissed her forehead softly then went back to sleep. Not knowing the girl was awake. Soojin opened her eyes as her silent tears fall.

 

"I'm so sorry, Shushu."

 

Back in the kitchen:

 

"Your loving this too much, unnie." Soyeon muttered after Shuhua left minutes ago, they were still hugging each other, not until the older step back and looked at Soyeon incredulously, who is just smirking back at her.

 

"Ya-yah! You're the one who initiated it!." Says Miyeon, feeling abit ashamed.

 

The blonde just smiled at her while scratching her head.

 

"You just really had to ruin it, Soyeon-ah." Miyeon whined.

 

"Sorry, I know you love hugs. Come here." Soyeon invited, and Miyeon immediately accepted, hugging her back.

 

"Let's go back to our room. I know you won't get back to sleep right now, let's talk, you're just gonna fill up your mind with lots of worries by yourself." The blonde suggested while slowly pulling the older with her.

 

"Yeah, you're right."

 

They went back to their room and Miyeon also suggested to settle in her room's balcony since there's also a couch in there.

 

Soyeon was mesmerized when she saw the garden below, with a mini lake or nature pool, since the water looks like its coming from the mountain. 

 

 

It was still 3 in the morning, the sky was still dark, there are less stars but the sky is still beautiful anyways.

 

Miyeon was holding two cups of tea and gave it to Soyeon as she sat next to her, feeling the morning breeze, sipping the hot tea to keep them warm outside.

 

"How I wish for life to be like this." The short one blurted upon sighing.

 

"Me too, but we both know life can be unfair." Says Miyeon.

 

They were both just silent, appreciating the peaceful moment for once with no interruptions, no heartbreaks, no problems to deal with. But that's just for a moment though, when Soyeon decided to break it.

 

"What happened there? In the kitchen? With Shuhua." The blonde asked as soon as she set her empty teacup on the coffee table infront of them.

 

Miyeon, again released another sigh. Putting down her cup right after she finished it 2 minutes later than Soyeon.

 

Sharing everything that happened earlier with her and Shuhua, it was just something simple though, she felt pain and fell, and Shuhua happen to be there to help her.

 

"Its just that simple, nothing more happened."

 

"But why do you look so crestfallen?." Soyeon asked, noticing how the brunette's face frowned upon remembering something.

 

"She said she misses me." Miyeon said looking sad as ever, which got Soyeon confused.

 

"Aren't you supposed to be happy with that?." Asks Soyeon.

 

"I should, I miss her too. But I don't know if it's just me that I saw her eyes filled with longing as if she really misses me when she said those words. She probably thinks I didn't heard it since I was pretending the whole time to be spacing out but in truth, I was memorizing her features." Miyeon continuously said, letting her bottled up feelings flow out of her heart.

 

"I don't want to get my hopes up. Besides, she hates me since the beginning, and now she's dating Soojin, I've never seen her look so happy." Miyeon could only sigh and accept the truth. That the girl she loves since 3 years ago will never love her back.

 

"Come here." Invited Soyeon. Miyeon gladly cuddled her and they stayed that way until the sun rises.

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the long and short update😅😢😢im really sorry yeobbun, exams really got me and our position papers are so hard to deal with...anyways happy reading.😊stay safe always. I'm also working on my SoyeJin/SoyJin/SoSoo/SooSo Book...i hope youll read it too in the future.😊😃