FAB I. The Beginning

Flesh and Blood

It was raining in the afternoon, classes are not yet finished. There is this girl, just looking outside. Watching how droplets of water fall into the ground, wondering if they get hurt too from falling that high. It was calming. The sound the rain was giving, there were no thunders nor lightning, the cool breeze carried by the wind gives comfort to the girl. She was just thinking of random things to occupy her blank mind, she was not in the mood for lessons today.

 

The school bell rings indicating that her Chemistry class had already ended, she let out a sigh, but was still thankful for not getting caught earlier. She didn't notice that her best friend was noticing her the whole time, watching her actions, expressions.

 

"What's with the deep sigh?." Minnie asked worriedly. Looking at her best friend who looks like she carries all the burden of the world in her shoulders. The girl didn't reply, but just shook her head. But Minnie knows better.

 

"Is it because of her again?." The question made the girl stop for a moment, but just immediately shrugged it off.

 

"No." 

 

"You know you can talk to me, Miyeon-ah." Minnie replied, her voice filled with worry.

 

"I know Min, I just don't want to talk or even think about her right now." Miyeon said expressionless.

 

"But you know that she and her girlfriend are part of our group right? That both of them are practically our best friends right?." These words just made Miyeon release another sigh.

 

"Okay I will stop now." Minnie surrendered.

 

"Thank you and we still need to go to our next class, come on." Miyeon finished fixing her things.

 

"At least try to focus infront."

 

"I will, I will."

 

The two were just walking in the hallways when they heard some shouting and screaming from one of the rooms near them. Miyeon stopped Minnie, and looked at her, signalling her to stay silent. There were some students too, they were curious. There were continuous shouting and loud growling inside the room, the students were starting to get terrified. Miyeon raised her index finger to , telling everybody to stay quiet. She then slowly walked closer to the room's window, slowly peeking what's happening inside. 

 

Once she saw what's behind those screams, blood runs out from her face, she was cold, she was pale, she's starting to shake. But she refrained herself from being drowned by her emotions. She quietly said to the other students....

 

"Run....". 

 

"Miyeon-ah, what do you mean?."Minnie asked clearly confused why is her bestfriend acting this way.

 

Miyeon was about to tell them again abit more louder, but the school bell beat her to it. She silently cursed in her head for about 0.5 seconds, and screamed......

 

"RUNNNNNNNN!!!!!." Right after she said those, zombies crashed the door. One jumped at Miyeon strangling her to the ground, but she was keeping her feet on the door together with the weight of the zombie above her preventing the others to come out. The students then went panicking and immediately run towards the school gate. Minnie stood frozen, watching Miyeon get attacked by the zombie. She can't believe things like this could happen in real life. She was snapped out of her trance when Miyeon shouted at her again.

 

"MINNIE RUNNN!!." 

 

"But Miyeo--." Miyeon saw Minnie gets teary-eyed. All she could think of is that they don't have much time.

 

"JUST RUN MINNIE, I SWEAR I'LL FIND YOU. GO SAVE THE GIRLS! GO! WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME." Minnie heard the door slowly breaking down, and decided to run now, with tears falling from her eyes. She immediately called the girls. 

 

"Soyeon-ah! Soyeon!! Where are you?!." Minnie shouted while running. Right after Soyeon answered her call, she then heard something crashing, and another screams. It made her cry more, knowing Miyeon was there.

 

"We're at the parking lot Minnie-unnie, what's happening? why are the students running and panicking, and are those real zombies we've seen?". Soyeon asked worriedly, even Minnie could feel it.

 

"Are all of the girls there?." She was running, she can see some students were being attacked by the zombies. She's scared, afraid. But she can't stop running.

 

"Yes, yes...where ar--AHHHHHHH!!!!!."

 

"SOYEON??? JEON SOYEON!!!."

 

" THIS THINGS, WHAT THE HELL!!! RUN TOWARDS THE GATE MINNIE-UNNIE! WE'LL GET YOU THERE!." Soyeon hanged up the call right after that. Minnie saw the gate and was running towards it, until she felt pain in her right arm, and felt like falling. She then saw a zombie jumped right at her. She immediately grabbed the wood beside her, and put it in the zombie's mouth preventing it from biting her, she's trying her best to kill this undead but it's so strong, and she felt like anytime soon, her arms would give up. Basically, tears are flowing from the side of her eyes.

 

Not until she heard a gunshot, and saw that blood is coming out from the zombie's forehead and some of it are dropping on her face. It fell on top of her, but she saw someone immediately kicked it aside. The person immediately pulled her up, and put her arm around her shoulder. It seems like some zombies are still busy with the other students they have attacked, Minnie's vision was still abit blurry but when it cleared she immediately looked at the person carrying her, upon seeing the person's face, it made her cry more.

 

"Mi-Miyeon-ah." The other girl just gave her a smile.

 

"I told you I'll find you, and besides the girls need my help too." Miyeon immediately tried to walk faster. Knowing that there are still zombies around them.

 

Finally a car pulled up infront of the gate 2 meters away from them. It was Soyeon, she lowered the car's window and shouted,

 

"FASTER UNNIE! THEY ARE SOME RUNNING TOWARDS YOU!!." Miyeon didn't even try to look back and is now running, but Minnie on the other hand, was still weak due to what happened earlier, she tripped and fell. Miyeon doesn't have any choice but to carry the girl in bridal style. Minnie latched her hand onto the girl's neck, crying and continuously apologizing.

 

"I'm sorry Miyeon-ah, I'm such a burden, you should just have left me." 

 

"And what would your girlfriend say?." Upon hearing these words from Miyeon, the girl stopped crying for abit remembering her lover, Yuqi.

 

"Just hold on, we're almost there." They saw Soojin immediately open the door backseat. While Soyeon opened the passenger's, Miyeon immediately put Minnie inside and proceeded infront. But before Miyeon could get in, Soyeon saw a zombie running towards her.

 

"Behind you!!." Miyeon immediately pointed her gun at the zombie's head then shoot. She wasted no time and entered the car.

 

"DRIVE SOYEON!!." Soyeon immediately stepped into the gas pedal. As they drove the streets they can see people getting attacked, some zombies even tried to jumped on the car but Miyeon was trying her best shooting them on the head. Until they felt a bump.

 

"AAAAHHHHHHH!!!." It was Shuhua who screamed this time. Miyeon looked behind and saw that there was a zombie latching at the back trying to break the rear window.

 

"Duck!." The girls lowered their head.

 

**BANG**

 

They then saw a hole in the zombie's forehead, and it fell onto the ground. Miyeon then faced front, she then heard a sob and looked at the mirror in which you can see the backseat, there she saw Shuhua crying in Soojin's arms, Shuhua's girlfriend. How she wish it was her comforting the younger. Breaking her heart with every second, she broke her gaze towards them.

 

"Where should we go now?." Soyeon asked clearly not knowing where should they go. Miyeon knew a place but she needed to make sure for their safety, she was about to call her dad, but her dad beat her to it.

 

**Ringg~~Ringg**

 

On the phone:

 

"Hello dad?."

 

"Miyeon!? Miyeon!? Are you alright!? Where are you? Are you with the girls right now?."

 

"Dad, dad...calm down. Tell me what's happening right now. And yes, I'm with the girls, I just want to ask if our Military Cabin is safe, I'm planning to take the girls there." Upon hearing the place Soyeon looked confusedly at Miyeon then back to the road. Miyeon can feel that the girls where listening too.

 

"Hmm..hmmm...good thinking. Yes its safe there. Take them there. I still can't leave the lab, I'll explain to you everything soon, just be safe."

 

"You too, don't do anything stupid. Be safe, I love you."

 

"Love you too, dear. Be careful."

 

Miyeon let her dad put down the call. As much as she wants to ask for answers, her dad promised to tell her everything soon, she can't believe things like this could happen in real life. They would always just see this things from movies, but experiencing it right now have never been more scarier than everything.

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys my first ever MiShu Story...sorry for errors and stuffs. Enjoy reading.