FAB VII. Bestfriends (Missing You)

Flesh and Blood

Miyeon woke up at 2am in the morning, when she suddenly felt her body acting up, tingles spreading on every veins, every muscle, into her bones. Before the uncomfortable feeling starts to become unbearable, she starts to separate herself from Soyeon's arms, carefully so that the girl won't wake up. Quietly making her way towards the door, silently opening and closing it after she goes out.

 

 

Starting from there, every step she takes becomes more heavier, staggering as she takes the stairs, the throbbing on her head didn't help and made the situation worse. On the last three steps, she tripped and fell groaning because she used her elbows to stop herself from falling with her face directed to the tiled floor. Her muscles started to feel like they've been getting poke with hundreds of needles, she started to get up and proceeded to the kitchen to get some meds.

 

 

She was abit startled when she heard a sound coming from the kitchen, questioning herself who would be awake at this time early in the morning, but then she suddenly felt her heart got squeezed, making her yelp in pain.

 

 

"Ah!." Miyeon half-whisper half-yelled. The pain is slow but sharply taking over her body, her knees gave up making her sit on the floor. She heard steps getting closer and closer as she took everything in slow motion. The door opening as she look at the person standing in front of the kitchen door with shock shown on her expression, Miyeon felt all the pain go away in a flash. Making her look at the girl infront with confusion on her face.

 

 

"Unnie!." Shuhua worriedly said as she immediately went to Miyeon to help the older. 

 

 

"Why are you awake this early, Shuhua?." Miyeon asked as the black haired girl help her stand up, and was about to take her to the living room but Miyeon told her to take her to the kitchen just infront of them. Miyeon instructed the girl to take some meds from the Cupboard and water, Shuhua complied immediately and made the girl take the meds, waiting patiently as Miyeon take her medicine.

 

 

"Are you okay now, Unnie?." Shuhua asked after Miyeon put the glass on the table. The brunette smiled and nodded her head in reply.

 

 

"Yes, thanks alot Shuhua. But really, why are you awake this early?." Miyeon didn't forget to check on the girl, since its very rare for their maknae to wake up so early in the morning, its either she's bothered with something or she just can't sleep at all.

 

 

"Oh, I was just thirsty Unnie. And it took me 10 min. just to find the kitchen since your house is so big, I'll go back to our room right now." Shuhua explained, thankful for not stuttering with the lie she just made up, well its not a lie that she's thirsty and it took her 10 min. just to find the kitchen, but she's been in the kitchen for like 30 min. already. Remembering the reason why 40 min. ago.

 

40 minutes ago:

 

Shuhua was stirred awake when the girl beside her pulled her close. Since she was now half awake, she suddenly felt thirsty and was supposed to get out of her girlfriend's arms to get water when she hugged her tighter and mumbled something.

 

 

"Please stay." Said Soojin, warming the maknae's heart. But the name she said right after left a pang on Shuhua's heart at the same time.

 

 

"Soyeon-ah...". She was confused as to why the older would be looking for someone else when she already have her as her girlfriend. Shuhua threw away all the negative thoughts aside and came with the conclusion,

 

 

'Maybe she's dreaming about their childhood days, they are bestfriends after all'. Soojin and Soyeon was indeed bestfriends since birth, their parents were bestfriends too, making both families comfortable with each other. There was one time when all the six of them went to visit Soojin's parents to celebrate Soojin's birthday, and for Soojin to introduce Shuhua as her girlfriend. When her mother and father suddenly joked about them and Soyeon's parents planning to marry off Soojin to Soyeon after college because they thought the two girls leveled up their friendship. Although their family were not rich, they came from poor to average, they talked about things like this. 

 

 

Soyeon is already out to her parents and Soojin can be overly sweet to Soyeon when they are together back then which made their parents think that the two, maybe are in a relationship but are not planning to announce it just yet officially. But this got the girls shocked and some even choked on their food. It would look lovely since Soojin's parents are really supportive with her relationships, but it's Shuhua that Soojin is dating. Shuhua was jealous that Soyeon's parents too accepts Soyeon as she is, when she introduced Soojin to her father, the dinner was really awkward since Soojin feels like her father doesn't accept their relationship fully, and is like judging Soojin silently and subtly, asking about Soojin's family, her parents, their status and stand in the society.

 

 

Back to Soojin's parents:

 

 

Eventually, Soojin let them knew that Shuhua is her girlfriend. It became awkward abit first, but thankfully Soojin's father know how to lighten up the mood. Both of Soojin's parents accepted Shuhua wholeheartedly, and made the whole dinner happy and joyful.

 

 

Flashback end........

 

 

These thoughts came up to Shuhua's mind, that's why she stayed longer than she intended to, but she was confused when she heard someone yelped just outside the kitchen, so she decided to look if something happened and that's where she found Miyeon, who was sitting at the floor, with sweat covering her forehead and her back.

 

 

Worrying, she immediately attended to the older's aid. Here they are now. 

 

 

"What about you, unnie?." Shuhua asked back to her unnie who was just staring right at her, more like spacing out and was not able to hear her.

 

 

There's also her Miyeon issue. She noticed ever since she and Soojin started dating, the older is slowly slipping away from her, ignoring her even sometimes. Unlike back then, every little move she makes, the older catches it even at the slightest second. But now, it's like they're back to their early days, the other one keeps on reaching out while the other is trying to avoid. Back then it was Miyeon who would always reach out, now it's the opposite.

 

 

"I miss you." She mumbled, sure that the older didn't hear it.

 

 

'Is she tired of reaching out now? That she's not making an effort? I make efforts, but she's avoiding me.' Shuhua thought to herself. But what she realized what's worse is that, she reaches out but the older seems like she always want to avoid her, making up excuses, sometimes the excuses makes sense and is valid. But excuses like,

 

 

"I really need to go to the bathroom, Shuhua."

 

"But unnie! Yuqi's still in there!."

 

"We can share you know."

 

 

 

Who would dare use a bathroom when someone still occupies it. But even after Miyeon finishes her excuses, she makes another one, and another one, until it frustrates her sometimes, but she can't do anything.

 

 

"Unnie?." Shuhua asked again. Waking up the older from her thoughts.

 

 

"Huh? Did you say something, Shuhua?." Another thing Shuhua hates, is that her unnie doesn't call her by her nickname anymore. She does it to others, even to Soojin, but not to her. She feels jealous, but she thinks its childish, why would she get jealous over something so little?

 

 

"Ahniyo, I was just sayi--."

 

 

"Myeonniee~~." Said by a cute voice.

 

 

Miyeon got surprised when she felt lithe arms slipped through her waist and hugged her softly and gently. But soon relaxed into the gesture and hearing the voice of the culprit makes her smile and feel at ease. She puts her arms above Soyeon's arms.

 

 

"Why are you awake, sweety?." Miyeon sweetly asked, turning to face the girl to hug her back while putting her chin above the girl's head. Miyeon was surprised with her actions, she literally didn't plan anything. Its like her body has its own mind. The reason was, the longer she stares at the younger, the more she feels like she wants to hug her. She heard it, how those words came out from Shuhua's mouth, so tiny that if she didn't pay attention, she wouldn't be able to catch it. She never stopped paying attention towards the younger, she pays attention too much that she gets hurt most of the time, paying attention how Shuhua treats Soojin as her her princess, her queen, her life, her everything.

 

 

The truth is she's not spacing out earlier, she was checking, more like memorizing the younger's features earlier, especially her eyes that shows worry for her, eyes that shows longing. She knows the reason behind it though. She started being less clingy and affectionate towards the younger when she knew that she was dating Soojin, it broke her heart. Especially when Miyeon was in love with Shuhua for like 3 years that they are together during college.

 

 

It was her bestfriend who noticed her emotions immediately. Minnie suggested to stay away for abit, to lessen the pain. But Shuhua's making it harder for her. She's having a hard time avoiding Shuhua too since they were dormmates, and they were bestfriends. Everytime Shuhua invites her to go out with her date with Soojin, Miyeon can't refuse because the younger needs her help for ideas since she has dated before. But Shuhua doesn't know how much Miyeon is hurting, seeing her being so sweet to any other girl beside her. Shuhua was never hers from the beginning, and they always bicker, the TJ of the group. Even during their TJ moments, Miyeon is the one who mostly lose, the one who is clearly on the receiving end. Receiving Shuhua's teasings, insults that she got used to.

 

 

Despite all the pain. She never stopped paying attention, its just that her heart has its limit, when it hurts too much, she puts distance. To heal for abit, and get it broken again in seconds. Sometimes Minnie, Soyeon, and Yuqi look at her in pity. They can't do anything but be there with Miyeon if ever she breakdown.