Bittersweet

Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If only we were nothing from the start." -Bittersweet 

Leeteuk’s POV

The night has wiped away the last ray of setting sun, a whole velvet curtain has fallen. Once again I wander on the street alone from my schedule. I like to walk on the street at a slow pace to relax, take a few moments to appreciate the silence in the dark before I got back to the dorm, and see my dongsaengs gathering around the table and quarreling with each other. 

I put my shoes delicately against the door before I turn the knob. Usually, noises can be heard even outside the door, but today it is different. I feel something weird going on. I push the door open before I saw 6 of them gathering around the table. It seems like everyone was waiting for something, or someone to be exact. 

“Where are Heechul and Ryeowook?” I ask by perforating the silence in the air. 

“Heechul hyung is coming back…He told us to gather at the table and wait for him. Ryeowook…honestly…I haven’t seen him the whole day… he is probably locked in his room.”

Most of them are blankly staring at the table without doing anything. How odd. Usually, they are joking around like kids, yet today it gave off a different aura as if something bad is going to happen. I guess deep down these kids are still afraid of Heechul. In fact, no one dares to challenge him or frustrate him out, not even Kyuhyun. I clear up my thoughts and go upstairs to check on Ryeowook. 

“Wookie ah, can I come in?”

There is no response. I turn the knob and I see Ryeowook sleeping there peacefully. I shake him gently. 

“Ryeowook ah, let’s have dinner first. Come back and sleep after you have dinner.”

Ryeowook finally opens his eyes, but he looks so tired. His eye bags are darkening every day. I know he must have stressed out. He follows me downstairs and asks gently, “why is everyone here?”

I specifically utilize these few seconds to look at their reactions, but I can get no clue from what is happening, “Heechul hyung told us to stay here and wait for him. But he sounds angry. So..yeah…“

I cannot help but chuckle at their apprehensive faces. When we are on TV, all of us are confident comedians, singers, emcees that bring joy to the audience. Now, standing here, men over 30 years old, are still afraid of their hyung. 

Just as I am planning to call for food, a loud shout scared me. I cannot specifically pinpoint the location of the voice, or who exactly can have made such a loud and scary shout. All I can see is a mad person banging the door hard with a loud shout, 

“KIM RYEOWOOK YOU THINK WE ARE ALL IDIOTS?”

I see the frustrated Heechul coming straight in with his fists holding tight. He is instantly aiming for Ryeowook. He grabs Ryeowook’s collar hard, I can see Ryeowook was scared, but so are the others. 

I do not know what was going on here, but scaring a dongsaeng like that? I yell at Heechul and separate the two.

“Kim Heechul put Ryeowook down!”

But Heechul doesn't obey me. He cannot look angrier, then he screams on top of his lungs,

“You lied. You lied about everything. You are such a liar. A ing !”

Everyone seems to be confused as I do. Nonetheless, nobody says anything for the next 2 minutes. The quietest moment in our dorm. I can sense the tension in the thin air. I want to scold Heechul for being an , scolding and scaring his dongsaeng. But Heechul is not an irrational person who would simply scold his dongsaeng for stupid reasons. I wonder what had I missed when I was off?

Finally, Heechul put Ryeowook down. Just as I think everything was going back to peace, Heechul suddenly grabs Ryeowook’s hand and rolls up his sleeve. 

“Explain yourself to everyone what the hell are all these.”

Oh my holy god.

I push Shindong who is standing in front of me to ensure what I have seen was real. I cannot possibly believe my eyes. I come closer to Ryeowook. Oh my god, this is not happening, this is not real. 

“Wookie?”

I am on the verge of breaking tears from my eyes. He thinks he can hide it well but no, not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter