Don't leave me

Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I wish this was a dream, if this is a dream, stop right there.” —Don’t leave me

Ryeowook’s POV 

Bustling and hustling. The horns of buses and loud shouts from people form a unique melody for this place. I catch on a tram that slowly drives in the centre of the city. Birds and sparrow chirping, gentle breezes  my cheek softly. My mind is empty and I ride mindlessly. There is no destination for this tram trip. I am shocked by the abrupt sound from the window of the tram and discover the rain storming outside. What a twist. 

Grey sky and downpour with water droplets taint on the windows. The journey today is exceptionally long and soothing. There are too many things popping up in my head, but I choose not to organise my thoughts and empower them to rest in my mind.  

“Mr., this is the end station!” The tram driver reminds me who is staring outside mindlessly. 

I step down from the tram. The rain has not stopped and I walk past the heavy rain without an umbrella. Rainwater soaks my whole shirt. I find it ironic when people say rainy days are refreshing and romantic, but I cannot see their point, because all I would say is that they are depressing, they are merely pulling people back to reality. 

“Ryeowook!!” 

I turn my head in the direction of the faint shout. The voice is approaching me. 

“Ryeowook!!”

I stare around. After all, this is not a blind trip at all. This is the stop of our dorm. A clumsy figure keeps running at me in a hurry, holding his purple umbrella. 

“Ryeowook! Where were you just now? I was worried sick!” 

I look at Donghae Hyung, sweating and panting just for his dongsaeng who get soaked in the rain. For some reasons, I can feel the tears outbursting when I see this foolish act. He hands his umbrella to me, but I push it away. Instead, I pull him toward me for a hug. I can sense the warmth in the embrace despite the cold rainwater.

“What happened Wookie?” 

I shake my head, words cannot explain the complex story I have for this moment.

I simply answer him, “Nothing. Let’s just go back.” 

The both of us squeeze under the purple umbrella with soaked clothes, like a couple who have their first-ever romantic meeting in the rain. 

______________________________________________________________________________

I press on the doorbell not long before the door cracks open with Heechul Hyung in presence. “What happened to you two?” 

He shoves the two of us in the house, the familiar sensation of the house never feel so comfortable despite I have just left here 6 hours ago. I take a sip of the hot mug of boiling hot tea whilst busying to use a towel to dry myself from the rain. 

“Didn’t you bring an umbrella?” Heechul hyung asked, “Why are you still wet like this?”

Donghae Hyung smiles at m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter