Storm

Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Stop talking. I hate myself for knowing everything before you even opened your mouth." --Storm 

-Meanwhile-

Heechul’s POV 

“Heechul-shi, there is no big deal with your leg.”

The doctor reminds me while she is busily handling the other patients’ profiles. She doesn't forget to add, “Remember to apply medicine to your leg on time and everything shall be fine.”

I stand up from my seat and say, “Thank you very much.” 

I leave the room without even bothering to take the medicine. Ever since my accident, my legs have been poorly injured. Fun fact, my doctor once told me that I may have to be bedridden for the rest of my life. However, perhaps because of my self-consciousness or my esteem, I never manage to expose the pain in front of anyone. But these days, they have been keeping me from dancing again. I am guilty of not being able to stand on stage again, disappointing my members and my fans.

This is what I never want it to be. Idols are expected to be perfect. This is the cruel world of the entertainment industry-- You could never be an idol if you have your weaknesses exposed in front of the public. 

Schedules, schedules, and schedules, barely do I have time to care for my own health. That day when I woke up after the dance practice, I found out my legs were paralyzed. At that time I wonder, would I ever be able to stand up again? 

The good thing is, true, I am having more time to cure my legs. But the downside is how everyone starts shooting you with their pathetic face whenever they look at you, how every time when they see you, they would show additional care. I hate people sympathizing with me, at least to me. I hate how I would be a burden to others. That’s why I have been keeping this issue behind the public for years. 

I walk out of the corridor to go back to the dorm. However, just when I am walking to the corridor, I see a ghostly figure passes through me to the toilet. I don’t know why but I found the figure so familiar yet vulnerable at the same time. I follow him to the toilet and see this man vomiting his intestines out. I cannot help but patted his back. 

“Gwanchana?” 

“I’m okay…” He responds with a weak and low voice. But at the time when I hear him speaking, I shiver, because I know exactly who he is. I stare down at the person, I cannot be more shocked. 

It is Ryeowook. 

I know how my heart starts pounding fast, I look at his pale face, I look at his skinny hands. I swear to God, I have never ever seen him in this shape. It startles me and my fear turns into words, “Oh my god, what the hell?”

He doesn't recognize me initially. But when he slowly turns his head up to me when he finishes retching, I can see the fear written on his face. 

I softly touch his back again and again, yet the suspicion, the apprehension have not gone away. I ask by onc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter