One more chance

Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I thought each moment would last forever, were those thoughts and feelings all selfish?"--One more chance 

 

Ryeowook’s POV 


Faint shots of light stains through the translucent windows. The whole room is illuminated with a mottled combination of violet and turquoise. The moon is hanging up high in the sky, brightening the people who are still in their dreams. Yet, I still have not slept, or precisely I cannot sleep. I stare blankly at this picturesque scenery. Emptiness is all I feel from this sight. I stay motionless on my bed and observe myself meticulously. Inhale and exhale. The world seems to be frozen under my breath.


I catch a sight of the clock. 5:00 AM.


I should have wakened up normally, but it seems notably challenging to do so in recent days. I try to fight back the serious headache. I make an attempt to use up all my strength I have left but my body is too heavy. I fail and fall on the floor. After crawling and struggling for a long time, I eventually manage to get up. I steady myself while holding on to the wall.


Who am I?


I gape at the person inside the mirror. That familiar contour of a person without a soul. It looks so vulnerable, so fragile as if something has trespassed that body. My focus gets back to his face.


I couldn’t recognise myself anymore.


Life would not go on the way you think it is going to be. I know something is wrong, I feel it in my bones. My physical health is deteriorating.


But the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter