Hug

Starry Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You can drench me with the tears you’ve been holding back, I’ll hug your heart that has been crumbled up."--Hug 

Kyuhyun's POV 

People change for two reasons, either their minds have open or their hearts have been broken. But one fact is, it is even scarier if you do not know why they have changed. 

I wake up at an exceptionally early timing today, when the sky is still dark, a subtle silhouette of the moon can still be detected. Things have been bothering me a lot these days, the schedules, the comebacks, but out of all, Ryeowook. 

I am not certain how I can depict the drastic changes, both physical or psychological. His heavy eye bags, his skinny cheekbones. Some days, he looks like he is extremely sick. Whenever he is asked whether he is okay, he will respond with nods and a professional grin. He locks in his room, he never eats dinner with us anymore. But out of all, he stops talking to all of us. 

This is horrifying, it seems like he has been hiding something. I try to think of the things we have done these days, everything sounds perfectly ordinary, at least to me. No arguments, we head to our own schedules, we eat our meals well. Maybe he is only stressing out, schedules can be quite intimidating sometimes. 

I take hold of the photo frame my fans sent to me, a hardcore Kyuwook fan, which I would admit myself, one of my favourite photos. Ryeowook has been the first one welcoming me to Super Junior, without him, I would have experienced the most traumatizing months of my life. We used to stick with each other so often. Used to. But not now.  

I go to the dining table for my own breakfast, it has been long since I have tasted Ryeowook’s breakfast, to an extent that I have wanted to beg Ryeowook to cook breakfast for me. Yet these days, it is nearly impossible to catch on a conversation with him. It is like he avoids us at all costs, he locks himself in the room, then the whole cycle repeats itself. 

“Ryeonggu?” I catch a glimpse at the end of the corridor and Ryeowook is there. 

“Kyu?” He heads out to the dining room, “Why are you up so early?”

“Schedule at 9, but I can’t sleep now.” I pause and wait for Ryeowook to say something. There has been an awkward atmosphere between the two of us these days. 

“Ryeowook ah… is there anything, that you would like to tell me?” 

I swear, I see him frowning at the statement, slightly shocked at my question, but then he shakes his head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter