Chap 8. Love and pain

Limerence

Seungyoun dived into his bed and sigh.

 

 Jamie didn’t tell him still, didn’t tell him about Jaebum, that they’ve been seeing each other for days now. He knows because Yugyeom told him. Jaebum’s back a few days ago to resume to his work as what Youngjae said, of course, they beat him up first before he could do anything. All of GOT7 members gave a cold shoulders to him.

 

But then again they have to be professional for the sakes of their career and upcoming comeback. They all know, even if the man begging on his knees asking for forgiveness is not enough after what he did to Jamie.

 

And Yugyeom also told him that Jaebum and Jamie’s has been meeting each other together since then. Yugyeom did not disclose the details about it as he doesn’t knows what was happening behind closed doors involving the two and he didn’t want to think about it, he just hoped that what he thinks they were doing is just a mere assumptions which completely wrong.

 

He didn’t know how it works with them but one thing that he’s sure of.

 

That’s why Jamie mention about the ‘six months’ because she wanted to leave already.

 

Wanted to end everything between them, isn’t it?

 

Untie this temporary knots that they have and leave him.

 

Maybe give Jaebum a chance, a second chance which is not really surprising considering how much Jamie loves Jaebum. She’s the one who confessed to him first anyway, making songs about him, willing to do a strict diet and change herself for him and stuff. Which is not healthy at all, he back then tried to convince Jamie that she doesn't have to change herself just for a man. But she did not listen to him and continue to do things that she do for fitting into 'Im Jaebum ideal type'. What Seungyoun can say to a hopeless lovestruck Jamie anyway. 

 

For sure she already had forgiven him if she can meet with that man already for not only once, but a few times.

 

But then how about Seungyoun?

 

Is this how it will end between them?

 

Is he really going to just wait until Jamie popped out those devastating sentences that will end everything that they have? When she was never his in the first place.

 

He doesn’t want to let her go.

 

But did he have the right to tell her to stay when at the first place he was just a substitute?

 

Another sigh escapes from him as he settles himself underneath the blanket and stares at the ceiling like it had all the answers to all his questions. His heart was squeezed painfully inside but he can only sigh.

 

Let’s cross the bridge when we get there, but is he willing to cross that bridge when he knows that at the end of the day he will lose her forever, isn’t it?

 

He can only hope that he’ll get through all of this unscratched, or if he’s unfortunate enough, maybe a little bruised but hopefully not a fatal one because he don’t know what to do if that happens.

 

 

What will happen to him?

 

 

At the end, Seungyoun sleeps only for two hours as he needed to wake up still and rise up to cook for his dear wife’s breakfast. So before he can even think, he’s in the kitchen cooking Jamie’s breakfast. He’s transferring the omelette into the plate when Jamie emerges into the kitchen, all smiles and in her all black clothes.

 

“Good morning,”

 

He just nodded to her, “Sit,” he just said and proceeded to make a cup of coffee for the women then serves it to her.

 

“Do you want me to give you a ride? I’m heading to the supermarket,” Still as kind as ever.

 

“No, it’s okay. My manager will pick me up.” She just said and proceeded to eat. Seungyoun just nodded to that and eat in silence then. “Don’t you have work today?”

 

“No,”

 

“You told me last time that you still have dubbing to do at the studio, how was it? Cancelled?”

 

“We already finished it the other day. I’m free now until Thursday, so I’m gonna go do the grocery, do the laundry and the cleaning.” He smiles at her when she raised her eyebrows in disbelief. Jamie’s never knew this side of Seungyoun. Really though, anyone who got Seungyoun as their future husband is so lucky.

 

“Okay,” then she said, shrugging her shoulder to him.

 

He watched as Jamie coming in inside her work van. Shooting a small smile to her manager as they drove off. He too needed to go to work.

 

He started cleaning then from upstairs, pulling all the used pillow cases, sheets, table cloth and changed it into new one starting from his own room and into Jamie’s.

 

His heart squeezed painfully again against his ribcage when he saw what had fallen when he pulled the bed sheet from it’s confined.

 

 

It was their wedding ring.

 

How long was she’s not wearing it?

 

How long it was left in here every time she goes out?

 

He took the ring and put it in his pants pocket. If she doesn’t want to wear it anymore, it’s okay. He can keep it instead.

 

“It’s okay, Seungyoun-ah.” He keep telling himself that.

 

When in fact, he’s not okay at all.

 

The day goes on like nothing happened. He goes to the grocery to buy their weeks supply after cleaning and folded the laundry. His heart is squeezed painfully as he suddenly remember the ring. But, what else he can do?

 

He’s then picking up things for their fridge when he saw some familiar faces in the grocery store. And it’s not some familiar face because it’s Jamie and… Jaebum? of course, who else?

 

They looks happy chatting with each other while picking up some snacks.

 

Seungyoun who are feeling like someone stab his heart with a dull knife, turned around then and headed out the different direction of the grocery aisle. He need to go before he do something stupid in the supermarket. Quickly he forget everything he needed to buy and headed to the register, paid for his grocery and in an instant he goes home.

 

As if on autopilot, he fix all the groceries and stocks it in the cupboards or fridge or anywhere it needed to be. He even changes all the toiletries in the bathroom without much thinking.

 

He badly needed to talk to someone but he didn’t know who else he can talk about this matter with anymore.

 

For sure all his close friends will just tell him that they already told him and reminded him that what he and Jamie had was just a temporary, a substitute, a patched up. Well, he f’ed up big time because yes, he’s falling for her, harder than he let himself feels.

 

He fall in love with his wife,

 

He fall in love with his own bestfriend,

 

Park Jimin.