Chap 5. What if

Limerence

So there it is.

 

It’s the problem.

FLASHBACK

Jamie sat around a couch along with Seungyoun and Nathan in the M.O.L.A studio. They were working on the title track that Nathan had asked them to collaborate with in his new album, she was finished for the day and was just chilling with the boys while searching for somewhere to go for dinner on her phone.

 

She was distracted when he received a Kakaotalk message from an old school friend asking about whether Seungyoun date Seulgi or not. Jamie wasn't sure, she had never heard Seungyoun talk about her, or any girlfriend for that matter. So, she rather directly ask Seungyoun now.

 

“Uhm... hey Seungyoun did you recently have a date or something?” She asked as she didn’t mention who.

 

“Wait, how do you know? I was about to talk about that with you guys now”

 

“Is it true? Why didn’t you tell me anything?” ask Nathan.

 

Someone actually just set me up on a date, it’s tomorrow ”

 

Jamie raises her eyebrows at him with suspicion, finally peeling her eyes off her phone. “Who? Is it Taemin sunbae?” she gasps excitedly.

 

“What? No? I’m straight, thank you very much!” he says bitterly. “Even if Taemin hyung is a girl, I would never agree to go on a date with him. That would be so gross” he spat out.

 

“I asked about who set you on the date not who you dated, you dumb .” Jamie throw a box of chocopie to Seungyoun face, which he able to dodge out of reflex and habits.

 

“Oh that? You’re right. Taemin hyung is the one who set me up with her”

 

“Then who is your date?” Nathan who had no clue curiously asked,

 

Seulgi.”

 

Nathan gasp, mouth wide open. “SEULGI??! The Red Velvet Kang Seulgi? You have a DATE with her?” He looks at Seungyoun as if he grew another head or something, but then Nathan widened eyes is changed into a suspicious stares after he looks at Seungyoun lack of enthusiast.

 

Jamie only rolled her eyes at Nathan dramatic antics and look back in her phone.

 

“But why you looks so uninterested though? Didn’t you like her? I remember you said that her voice is pretty a few weeks ago? Dude, you should be excited that you gonna meet the Kang Seulgi. If I were you I’d probably gonna prepare myself for a month to meet her”

 

“I am excited,” he defend, “it’s just that I don’t know what to wear and I don’t know what she wants to do tomorrow.” Nathan nodded at that, it’s an important point on dates, and at time like this the only one who can help is,

 

“Hm, I think I can help you with that. Tomorrow before your date, come to my apartment at 3 pm” Jamie unchalantly said and Seungyoun just beamed a “Thanks, you’re indeed my Noona” at her.

 

Jamie is always good at making a plan in occasion like this, probably because she’s been dating someone for a long time and have been in a countless date. Seungyoun is always listens to her advice, even though

 

From his understanding that he got from Taemin’s explanation, Seulgi seems okay with anything he’d want to do, like she’d say yes without hesitation. And Taemin also said that he think both Seungyoun and Seulgi has a lot of similiraties, which Seungyoun doesn’t know what exactly.

Maybe he will point that out tomorrow.

*********

8. 30 PM

[Jamie’s apartment]

                                                                                                   

It’s raining outside and she’s alone in her apartment, Jaebum is still overseas promoting with GOT7, she felt a little bit scared at the thought of someone in front of her door after a constant of knockings. She’s not gonna risk her life by opening the door just like that, so she just stand close to the wall with a kitchen knife on her hand.

 

 Until she feels her phone is vibrating, indicating there’s a message from someone

 

Cho-idiot: Park Jimin! Your hyung is bringing your favorite matcha cake~

Cho-idiot: YA! Open the door, would you!!

Cho-idiot: It’s freezing outside T.T

 

“Cho Seungyoun? What are you doing here? Aren’t you on a date with Seulgi?”

 

“Let me get in first, would you?” Seungyoun shoved a something to her hand that she recognize by the shape of it’s box is a cake,

 

Seungyoun face is unusually red and it probably from the coldness outside. She lets him in, and Seungyoun immediately opened his coat and sweater, throwing it somewhere in the room, leaving himself only in a trouser and black shirts as she reach out for Jamie’s moomin blanket on the bed, and wrap himself in it like a burrito’s.

 

 Jamie makes a hot chocolate for him, both of them sat comfortably on the couch as they eat the green tea cake that Seungyoun bought for her. A sound of rains is soothing both of their nerves. Jamie then breaks the silence,

 

“So, mind to tell me why you're here rather than being in the middle of date with Seulgi?”

 

“I went on a date with her in a cafe, yea. Everything is going well I guess as we talk a lot, but then suddenly we felt like someone which is probably paparazzi is following us. As we doesn’t want to take a risk of getting caught again, we both ended the date. And i think the paparazzi only recognize me cause i didn't have a chance to cover my face that time. Thank god I see no camera, so I think they didn't take a picture of us yet”

 

“Uhm, knowing the paparazzi, probably they’re already waiting in front of your house right now” Jamie nodded knowingly. She had been in that phase, having to date secretly and avoids paparazzi all the time.

 

What a life, being a public figure may be fun, but it sure has it own disadvantage isn’t it.

 

“Yeah maybe, so I’m gonna stay here tonight” Seungyoun smiled brightly at her like a kid who just got a money to buy candy or something, ck what an annoying smile, Jamie think.

 

She didn’t have a problem with that as Seungyoun is her bestfriend, sleep over is normal for friends right? Well maybe Jaebum have a tiny problem with that as he bombarded Jamie with text asking why the hell Seungyoun is there in her house at this hour.

 

Yes, he told her to always told him first if she gonna hangs around Seungyoun and another guy friends, contrary to Jamie whose chill and going easy with anything (including in the matter of Jaebum girls friends like Yerin and Sana which  she doesn't care about at all) Jaebum's have a dominant possessive nature, to be honest it annoys her sometimes as she doesn't get why would he have to make such a fuss of her friends when she herself didn't even once interfere his friendship with his girls friends.. it's a little bit toxic trait that he have but it's okay cause it's cute anyway, Jamie thought.

 

As Jamie told him that the only reason of why Seungyoun there is just because he need an escape from the paparazzi after getting caught on a date, he let them be.

 

Meanwhile Cho Seungyoun can do whatever the hell he wants and he knows that, more than anything he just wants Jamie there to keep him acccompanied. He knows Jamie would cheer him on no matter what dumb thing he’s about to do. He knows that Jamie understand him more than anyone else in this world. That’s why, little did Jamie know,

 

 He simply prefers her presence over anyone else’s.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

***

 

He sits beside her then and hugged her sideways.

 

A bit forceful because he knows Jamie will try to shrug him off violently,

 

He sometimes wonder, how such a strong power coming out from a tiny body.

 

“Okay listen here, you dumb little .”

 

“One, where the hell did you get the idea that I like her? It’s been like what, a few month ago since the date things? And we didn’t really contact each other after that even if we match well, that’s because our personality is way too similar that I think I’m having a twin sister. So no, never had I ever want to ask her out, not now or in the future. Two, who told you that I’m going to blame you for everything, huh? And three, damn Park Jimin we’ve been like friends for almost a decade now and you’re still talking like that as if you didn’t know me already,” he sighed and added,

 

“What if I wanna be a good husband to you too, like in the most of the time that we have for now?”

 

“You know, 6th month is not that long. I just want us to enjoy our time without having to feel burdened or uneasy because of something”

 

That had Jamie look at him instantly, “Yo-you want that?”

 

He nodded, “Yeah,”

 

“Okay, this is when things get weird,”

 

“Huh? How is it weird?”

 

What’s weird with a man wanting to be a good husband for his wife? Aren’t that the most normal things in married life? Well yeah of course it is, unless the marriage is all just a façade and started with no love and happened accidentally because there’s no other option and apparently Seungyoun is the only one who could help her, in another words, he’s forced to married her, that’s what Jamie think.

 

“Nothing.” Jamie stands up and dragged him into the kitchen, “I’ll cook for us, Japanese foods yeah?” She said.

 

Seungyoun only nodded and didn’t say anything, he just watched Jamie as she works in their kitchen, take note, for the first time. Jamie is not a good cook by nature, she practice to cook a lot. It took a lot of effort from her to finish a dish.

 

Did I ever mention this? Seungyoun has once got food poisoned after eating a bibimbap made by Jamie? That’s one of the most hilarious moment in his life, Jamie is totally panicking when she see Seungyoun vomiting for like the 3rd time on that day. He felt kind of miserable, but then he's totally okay after he took a medicine that Jamie had bought for him in a hurry.

 

He remember the way he pretend to be still so sick just to tease and get something from her. Like "Jimin-ah, I think my stomach is still hurting, can you massage my head? Oh and my back too" there's no correlations in that at all, but the panicked Jamie complied to it immediately. Thinking that the reason of Seungyoun's sickness is because of her food, when the fact is he's just sore. That day end up with Seungyoun falling asleep on Jamie's lap with her hand in his hair as she rubbed and massaged his head. 

 

But the most memorable thing that he remembers was the way she’s crying so loud that makes Seungyoun wake up and saying sorry over and over again, and Jamie swears that she would never go near the kitchen again.

 

Seungyoun seeing that stage of Jamie, of course encourage her to do the otherwise. He willingly told her to cook for him again as he will be the tester of Jamie’s food. Although he can't lie that Jamie foods taste horrible at first, Seungyoun keep doing his task as the tester, until one day Jamie decide by herself that she going to join a real cooking class rather than just seeing some random tutorial from youtube.

 

Finally… he thought.

 

Although Jamie is still not on a level to be called a perfect cooks, but she’s been improving a lot and Seungyoun is proud of her.

 

After all, practice makes perfect isn’t it?

 

All Seungyoun can do is softly chuckle at every clumsy thing Jamie did like spill the salt in the sink, slices the vegetable differently or even putting a wrong spice in the curry because she said it’s the color that totally deceived her.

 

It’s fine, they’re talking now,

 

This house finally feels normal again and,

 

Seungyoun couldn’t ask for more.