Chap 3. Falling apart

Limerence

Seungyoun immediately fixed his black hair, polished in a hair gel, some of the strands lose in his forehead but he doesn't care anymore as Jamie had said it makes him looks ier which is true even though she said it in sarcastic way and then he take a peek of himself in the whole body mirror at the hotels bathroom.

 

Its five minutes, he still have time. He just has to run into the reception area and he'll make it.

 

After he makes sure that hes fine, he walks out of the bathroom and located the wedding hall. Good thing its easy to locate with the hotel floor map that was given to them with the invitation. Easy peasy. He once more fixed his black tuxedo and tie before opening the door to the function hall.

 

Upon opening, he was then being dragged by Nathan through his arms and both of them walks down the aisle up to the center where he can see Jamie was already standing with… Jae?

 

Oh, is there a change of plan? He thought it was Nathan and him will be the bridesmaid (shsjshsj) He smiles at her and mouthed a little to say sorry for being late. They walk faster then.

 

When they reach Jamie and Jae, they all walks up to the altar where the Priest was waiting for them.

 

"Where’s Jaebum?" he whispers when they are all standing now in front of the Priest but no one answers him.

 

"Family and friends of both of these two human, one man and one women, we all gathered here to witness the tying of knots of these two. A unison that permitted by the god, "

 

Everything blurred out then, every noise, every scene and everything he hears was Jamie's whisper of sorry and string of curses. Like everything faded out. What the hell is happening here? 

 

He feels Jamie grasps his hand and squeezes it when he looks at her and then looks down.

 

"Cho Seungyoun?"

 

He immediately turned into the Priest that was now raising his eyebrows to him in question. Okay. This must be a f’ed up dream or nightmare perhaps so he just have to wake up, suit up and walks into Jamie and Jaebum's wedding as he promised. Yeah? Easy peasy.

 

He grabbed his hand from Jamie's hold and pinched his cheek, hard. Damn, it hurts. So he raised his eyebrows to Jamie and the two men and the Priest in front for an answer.

 

"Cho Seungyoun, I repeat, do you take Park Jimin as your wife, through richer and poorer, in sickness and in health, in bad times and good times..."

 

He saw Jamie sighed in defeat, her eyes is reddened with a tears that she trying to hold back, her red tinted lips is quivered then she looks away.

 

Oh…

 

He knows that look and then look to the two men who didn't even looking back at him. They had one hell of an explanation for this one and he'll make sure to get it.

 

"I do," before the Priest can even repeat the question for god knows how many times. The three released the air they're holding. He'll get the end of this.

 

****

 

He woke up feeling like a complete and his whole body is aching because of the deathly movie rehearsal that he do yesterday before the wedding. He stands up and made a his line to the bathroom. When he emerges from the bathroom there’s already five pairs of eyes looking at him.

 

Yes five because the sixth was still sleeping in the bedroom after she knocked herself last night by drowning herself with the shots after shots of tequila like a camel after it found an oasis despite the fact that the girl couldn’t even take a shot of Soju.

 

God, Seungyoun and his own not-too-drunk have to carried a passed out Jamie into his hotel room (as it’s closer to reach as Jamie’s hotel room is on the 12th floor) which is not hard to do at all cause he’s been working out so his body is just more than strong enough to carry the now thinner Jamie because of the diet that she do in order to wear her ideal wedding dress yesterday.

 

"Seungyoun," Nathan was the first to greet him. He didn't give him even a nod or his usual greetings to the man when they gotten a chance to meet in the morning. Seungyoun’s usual cheerful remarks is gone, he looks at them with a deadly stares and cold shoulder,

 

 

He leaned against the bathroom's door frame.

 

"Explain, now."

 

As he looks at everyone in the room. He played with the gold ring in his finger that surprisingly fit so right because he's freaking sure that he and Jaebum doesn't have the same ring finger size.

 

Its just them who left for now. Jaebum's family is unknown where to be found while Jamie's parents left after the reception and told him to take care of their daughter since Jamie happy lovely public facade is over and she didn’t want to meet anyone but him right after the wedding,

 

Yes, he's the only one who get to saw the famous soloist Jamie Park breaking down behind the closed door.

 

Last night, sure he's confused and angry remembering the reason of why this sudden happened to him, but more than all of that he's mad and in pain seeing his precious bestfriend falling apart right in front of him with no restraints or whatsoever, crying and sobbing like there's no tomorrow, calling herself stupid and dumb as she's on the verge of hurting herself because of that bastard,

 

And Seungyoun who are there do nothing but let his own tears falling as he see how much she is hurted, he embraces her shaking body tightly, soothingly rubs her hair and back, telling her that everything will be okay until she's fall asleep,

 

In his arm.

 

"I’m sorry. Its a desperate plan to make and we're sorry." Nathan was the one to start the explaining.

 

"I dont get it."

 

"Jaebum left. Everyone wasn't expecting it and you know how it is with the media, right? We all care for her and this is the only option we all can think of. And we all know that you also care for Jamie so of course you don't want her to suffer the public ty response alone by herself, aren’t you?"

 

"And you used that reason to use me because you know that I can't say no to that. What the hell Lee Gyuchang?"

 

Seungyoun use his real name which mean he is really mad at that time, he wanted to punch him as in square in the jaw or in his face hard and let it bruised so he can have a full reminder how he hates him for dragging him into this mess at this very moment.

 

Nathan put his hands up, "Alright, I'm sorry. I thought that was the best idea to save Jamie's reputation from all the media and, yeah, I'm sorry."

 

"Okay.. put that aside. Where's Jaebum?"

 

"He left with just a note saying he can't marry her because he's not ready yet," Yugyeom was the one to answer him.

 

Seungyoun face hardened at that, neither Nathan or Yugyeom ever see this man looks this scary before,

 

 “Not ready my . How dare he says that when everything is already planned. They’ve dated for so long and he have the audacity to say that now? Son of a . He just took Jimin for granted. I swear I’ll beat his pathetic when he showed up in front of her again."

 

“Don’t worry Seungyoun-ah. That loser will be dead in our hands first after we’ve found him. For now, not even his family knows his whereabouts” Yugyeom added.

 

Sure Jaebum is their groupmate, close friend and like a family to him but that doesn’t mean that he could ignore the fact that he f’d up a big time and being a total jerk by hurting and humiliating Jamie who are just like his sister.

 

"Look, uhm, since we knew that this marriage is just a patched up, we thought that you should know, after six months you can file for divorce and both of you will be free from this… of course if you wanted to, but in case you guys want to continue the marriage... uhm we’re definitely happy for both of you, yeah " Nathan says.

 

The rest of the group nodded to that. There’s a long silence before a heavy sigh left out from the newly wed husband. So they’re saying that if there’s no mutual love or whatsoever in this weird marriage, they could divorce in the span of 6th month. But they’re also saying that they’d expect both of him and Jamie to fall in love with each other and continue the marriage?

 

Someone please pull him out from this drama.

 

Ck, them all.

 

Thinking about all of those things only makes him more tired and sick inside, he choose to not give a damn about it and just let whatever happen in the future, happen.

 

"Leave, I wanna sleep." Seungyoun just said and walks into the bedroom where Jamie was still sleeping.

 

Jamie is still there sleeping like a rock on his bed, thank god last night Seungyoun didn’t forget to clean up her face who are stained with a tears smudged mascara and messy red lipstick after she passed out or else Jamie would surely get mad at herself when she woke up,

 

He heard the front door opened and closed, thats when he released the breath that he was holding. He just stares at the ceiling of the hotel room.

 

What should he do next?

 

In just less than twenty-four hour his life changes drastically.

 

He looks at the women beside him. Probably when she wakes up, she'll kick him out of the bed or she'll leave without a word.

 

He reaches for her smooth bare face and brush her cheek with his knuckles, "Tell me again why we’re friends? Because maybe that would give me an idea of why I let this all happens."

 

When no one answers him, he just sighed in defeat. Within a day he expects that his agency will call him, scold him for good hours and then will tell him what to do or tell him to get the off because they hates him for doing this. And the worst scenarios is they'll cut him off and his blood, swear, and tears hard builded career will be over in instance.

 

Just like that. The career he worked so hard for ten years was crushed in just few hours just for this women that he called his closest friend. Its game over for him.

 

After six months he can already see himself rot in his house doing house chores, laundry and everything.

 

What a nice way to turn his life into.

 

On the other hand, he maybe now can have the time to rest and maybe manage his small clothing shop in Dongdaemun or help his aunts in her bakeshop, learn to bake cakes and pastries or he can go back to college or something. He pulled up a side of the warm duvet that Jamie used

 

It's not yet too late. Isn't it? Yeah, maybe he'll do that later but,

 

As he get inside the white duvet that Jamie uses and pull her soft and warm body close to him, getting himself comfortable because,

 

For now, all that he needs is sleep.