Shocked

Turn of the tide.

Narrator’s POV

Soo Hee has been working at Mdm Kim’s ramen shop for quite some days already. She was coping well with her new life and happy to put her past behind. To her, it was like a new beginning to a hopefully better life. Currently, she has a nice employer, a patient teacher and a nice co-worker. She was satisfied and hoped things will stay this way. Every passing day was less dreadful for her. Unknown to her, there were two individuals who were desperately looking for her. It was almost impossible to find the missing Soo Hee when she had no friends and contacts left.

“I wonder if you are fine now…” Chunji thought. Lying on his bed, he placed his hands behind his head and shut his eyes.

“I haven’t even apologised for all the wrongdoings I did to you. Park Soo Hee, where the hell did you go?” Myung Soo thought as he ruffled his hair in frustration.

Back in Mdm Kim’s ramen shop…

“Hye Mi-ah~ One bowl of Beef Ramen to table number 3.” Mdm Kim said.

“Ne!” Hye Mi answered as she rushed over to pick up the tray.

Bringing over to the table carefully, she placed the bowl down slowly. Smiling sweetly, she bowed down to the customer.

“Please enjoy your meal, sir.” She said.

Hye Mi was about to turn and leave when the man grabbed her tightly by her waist.

“Accompany me, pretty.” The man said with a sick smile on his face.

“Please kindly let go of me.” Hye Mi plastered a fake smile and demanded.

She wanted to put a stop to his nonsense quietly so as not to stir up trouble. However, the guy merely held her tighter and closer to him.

“This bastard is trying to test my patience huh?” Hye Mi thought as she rolled her eyes.

“Yah. Let go before I turn nasty.” Hye Mi scolded fiercely as she pushed his hands away roughly.

Soo Hee spotted the two and roughly figured out the situation. She then hurriedly rushed over in an attempt to help Hye Mi.

“I am so going to chop your filthy hands off. Gah. This stupid idiot… Hye Mi’s violent thoughts were interrupted when Soo Hee came into the picture.

“I am sorry but can you please let go of her.” Soo Hee started.

“Who are you? Mind your own business.” The man rebutted.

“I am…” Soo Hee was about to explain their colleague relationship when Hye Mi interrupted.

“She is my girlfriend.” Hye Mi looked at Soo Hee with longing eyes and said.

“What?!” The man exclaimed as he released his grip instantly.

Soo Hee and the man were both staring at Hye Mi with the same shocked expression on.

“Come on. Who…who are you trying to kid here?” The man stood up and asked in disbelief.

Hye Mi moved away from the man and was standing close to Soo Hee. She was having one of her hands around Soo Hee’s waist already. Soo Hee looked down at their position and looked up at Hye Mi again.

“You want proof?” Hye Mi asked the man with her eyebrow raised.

With that, Hye Mi then started to lean closer to Soo Hee. She continued staring at her in shock.

 “Just stay still.” Hye Mi mouthed as she continued leaning forward.

Soo Hee shut her eyes and remained still as told to.

“Just my luck to meet a pair of lesbians.” The man threw a bill on the table and left angrily.

“Heh. Pabo.” Soo Hee heard Hye Mi say.

She opened her eyes and saw Hye Mi fiddling with a dollar note.

“Thanks for helping me, anyways!” Hye Mi beamed as she slapped Soo Hee lightly on her arm.

“You… you are welcome.” Soo Hee stuttered, still in the state of shock.

“Don’t worry, I am completely straight.” Hye Mi reassured as she patted Soo Hee’s shoulders.

She then winked at Soo Hee and walked over to Mdm Kim.

“Payment by table 3.” She reported with a smile.

“Wow. She is totally cool.” Soo Hee thought to herself.

Park Soo Hee’s POV

“If only I can be like her…” She thought to herself.

Sighing, I picked up the table cloth and started cleaning the other tables.

After a few hours of work, it was finally dinner time. There were not many people in the store so Hye Mi and I were both on break. Mdm Kim was still busy with work in the kitchen. I was immersed in my own little lovely world of food when Hye Mi intruded.

“You enjoy eating?” she asked.

I nodded my head slightly as I stopped eating. The ramen noodles were still dangling from my mouth so I bit and severed the strands. With my mouth full, I looked down slightly, a little ashamed at my confession. She was probably going to think that I am a glutton and all too.

“Me too!” she exclaimed out of a sudden.

I stared at her in shock. She was the first one that didn’t stare at me in disgust over my obsession with food. Instead, she agreed with me.

“Was I hallucinating?” I thought.

“Food makes me happy so I enjoy eating too.” She said with a blissful smile.

“Me…me too.” I stammered a little.

“Haiz. But I can’t eat as much as before because I don’t want to revert back to the old Jang Hye Mi…” She said as her thoughts seemed to trace back to her past. There was this same painful feeling exhibited in her eyes. I remember seeing it before, clearly.

“The… the old Jang Hye Mi?” I questioned with a confused expression on.

“I used to be fat too.” She said with a weak smile.

“WHAT?!” I almost choked on the ramen I was swallowing.

I clumsily picked up the glass of water before me and flushed down the choked food. Hye Mi giggled at my response before taking her wallet out. She took out a photo and slipped it into my hands. I stared at the photo which had an oversized girl inside, posing awkwardly. There were some similarities between Hye Mi and the girl. Examples are her eyes, smile and all. However, it was still unbelievable that the beautiful girl I know now used to be fat like me. If that girl in the picture was her, she is like half the size she used to be.

“Is this… you?!” I gulped down my saliva before asking.

 
Author's Note:
Hey there:D! Sorry for the boring chapter I wrote:X
Please subscribe/ comment still? (:
Hope you enjoyed reading nevertheless ^^
BYE<3 ~