Voluntary Work

Turn of the tide.

“Listen up!” Myung Soo shouted and the students stopped what they were doing almost immediately.

“We have two options here for the voluntary class activity. I suggest going to the abandoned animals’ home and Soo Hee suggests to visit an orphanage home.” He cleared his throat and continued.

“So we need you guys to vote. One person is only allowed to cast a vote.” Soo Hee added on.

“Who wants my idea?” Myung Soo asked.

Most of L’s fan girls shot up their hands instantly. Joo Woo and the rest of INFINITE raised their hands too. Myung Soo counted and a dark expression appeared on his face. He lost to Soo Hee. He lost because some of the girls were afraid of the animals being dirty and stuff like that so they didn’t vote for L. Soo Hee looked over to Myung soo and smirked in victory.

“Okay, we will be going to the orphanage home then.” Soo Hee announced with a bright smile.

Myung Soo then walked back to his seat, upset. The two had settled before the voting that the winning party would be fully responsible for the proposal. Myung Soo sighed in defeat as he leaned back in his chair.

“Great job.” Hye Mi praised and gave her a ‘victory’ sign.

“Going to an orphanage home sounds like fun.” Chunji walked over and said.

“Thanks.” Soo Hee said as she smiled sweetly at Chunji.

Hye Mi felt her heart drop as the smile on her face a second ago faded away. She turned away and began scribbling randomly. The two then continued talking, leaving Hye Mi out.

“I hate you, Chunji.” She wrote over and over again on the piece of paper before her.

“Hye Mi?” Chunji called out for the second time.

“Huh?!” Hye Mi snapped out of her thoughts and covered her writing frantically.

“I was asking the two of you out for lunch. You free?” he asked and hinted her with a wink.

“Ah…Yea.” Hye Mi said with a fake smile.

“You are only making use of me to get Soo Hee to go.” Hye Mi cursed in her mind as she saw Chunji smiling at Soo Hee again.

After school…

The three of them headed to an eatery stall together. Chunji then nudged Hye Mi with his arm and gestured for her to leave first. Hye Mi shot him a glare but softened when she remembered the promise she made to help him get Soo Hee.

“Soo Hee-ah. I suddenly remembered that I need to rush home. My my…aunt said that she would be visiting!” she lied.

“That can’t be helped then. You can run along first. See you tomorrow…” Soo Hee said in a slightly disappointed tone.

“That’s a pity. See you tomorrow.” Chunji said innocently and waved at her.

Hye Mi faked a smile and waved back at Chunji, suppressing her anger.

“Stupid Chunji. Idiotic Chunji. Dumb Chunji. I hope you choke on your food.” Hye Mi muttered under her breath as she kicked the small stones on the pavement violently.

*Coughs*

“Gwenchana?” Soo Hee asked as she handed him his glass of water.

Chunji drank some water and swallowed his food down. He then smiled awkwardly and placed his glass back down. Soo Hee giggled a little at the clumsy him before putting her chopsticks down. They were more or less done eating. She then took out some papers from her bag after the lady boss cleared their table.

“You are writing the proposal for the class voluntary trip?” Chunji asked.

“Yea. There are so many things to settle and I doubt I can finish by tomorrow.” Soo Hee said and pouted.

“Isn’t Myung Soo the class president? Shouldn’t he be helping you out?” he asked curiously.

“That guy… I can’t really work well with him.” Soo Hee said as she felt her heart acting strangely at his name.

Chunji felt an unknown sense of relief as he heard her say that. He thought that Myung Soo was going to be a strong competitor and it set his mind at ease to know that Soo Hee wasn’t interested in him.

“I will help you.” He offered.

“Really? Thank you so much! Then can you help me contact the home and fix the visit date?” Soo Hee said as she smiled thankfully.

“No problem.” Chunji replied, taking the contact details from her hands.

“She would probably find me tomorrow to help her finish the proposal…There is no way she can complete by herself since professor wants it by tomorrow.” Myung Soo thought to himself, nodding his head in satisfaction.

“What are you staring at?! Haven’t seen someone eating alone before?” Hye Mi thought to herself as she glared at the guy who stared at her eating alone.

The next day…

“Myung Soo-ah, I have received the proposal. Well done.” The teacher said as she patted his shoulder. He bowed down politely as the teacher continued walking.

“What the…? She finished it by herself?!” L thought as he straightened himself.

He continued walking and spotted Soo Hee talking to Chunji along the corridor.

“Thank you for helping me with the proposal yesterday. The teacher is extremely satisfied.” Soo Hee said.

“No problem.” Chunji replied as he flashed his signature smile.

“Geez.” Myung Soo turned away and stormed off angrily.

“Seems like you are progressing well huh?” Hye Mi thought to herself and laughed sarcastically before turning her back on the two too.

The following day, the class arrived at the orphanage home. They followed the teacher and bowed politely to the volunteers there.

“You guys will be interacting and playing with the kids here. You must be extremely sensitive and careful with your words.” The teacher reminded sternly.

“Ne.” The students answered.

Opening the door, they entered the room which was filled with kids from different age groups. The students smiled caringly and approached the kids. Some time later, they were all mingling well with them and were all having fun. Myung Soo was sitting at a corner, playing ball with one little boy. However, his eyes were constantly on Soo Hee who was talking to a group of kids with Chunji.

Hye Mi had deliberately left Soo Hee when Chunji joined them. Similarly, she kept her eyes fixed on the two too. Soo Hee and Chunji were laughing away as they conversed with the children happily.

“Is noona and hyung couple?” one of boy asked.

“Ani. We are friends.” Soo Hee clarified as she patted his head.

“Then you two should get together. It would be cute!” The little girl beside the boy beamed as she placed Chunji’s hand on top of Soo Hee’s.

Soo Hee stared down at their touching hands shyly while Chunji merely chuckled. Then, someone grabbed Soo Hee’s wrist forcefully. She turned about and met eyes with L.

“I have something to tell you.” Myung Soo said as he pulled her away from Chunji.

“Chunji, I would be back soon.” Soo Hee informed as she followed him.

“What did you want to tell me?” Soo Hee asked as she stopped walking.

There was no one else around. Myung Soo turned about and stared at Soo Hee furiously.

“You like that guy?” he asked.

“He has a name. He is your classmate and for your information his name is Chunji. Oh, and what does it have to do with you anyway? Why do you even care who I like?” Soo Hee retorted angrily.

“Because I like you.” Myung Soo stated simply as he stared into her eyes.


Author's Note:
Hey guys!:D
I updated ^^~
How was the new chapter?? :)
Please subscribe/ comment!~
Thanks for reading <3 .