Reappearance

Turn of the tide.

Park Soo Hee’s POV
I can’t take it anymore. Dieting is so hard and tiring. I feel so useless and rotten now. As expected, I still can’t make it in the end. Hye Mi tried so hard to help me but I still disappointed her. She is looking at me with pleading eyes, hoping I will not give up but all I could do is cry. I feel so lousy.

“Soo Hee, think about why you started this plan in the first place. Recall how those bastards bully and hurt you… Just close your eyes and think about it.” Hye Mi told me.

I shut my eyes as told by her and tried remembering. Those painful memories came rushing back to me uncontrollably… In my mind, I saw my old and helpless self. I saw how the fat and pathetic me got pushed around, laughed at and bullied. I recalled how he threw my heart away, how he played with my feelings and how he ditched me like an old ragged doll. I felt the pain in my heart once again and the something within me was tugging at my heart strings stronger than before.

It was like telling me to persevere and that I was already on my way to success. I knew I didn’t want to relive those times anymore. I knew I didn’t want to stay as the old Soo Hee anymore. I knew I didn’t want to give up at this moment because I have achieved nothing yet. I want revenge on those who had hurt me. I want them to regret. I want them to see me in a different light when we re-encounter one another. With that, I shot open my eyes and met Hye Mi’s.

She gave me a small smile and nodded her head.

“You can do it. I am confident you will succeed.” She reassured.

“I… will continue with the plan.” I said and returned her a smile.

Hye Mi’s smile widened and she ran over to give me a tight hug. It was so heartwarming and I cried harder in her embrace, ignoring all the other customers’ stares in the fast food restaurant. A weak smile crept up my face and I whispered into her ears.

“Thank you for being here with me…”

“I am glad you held on.” She said as I heard her sniff. I bet she is crying too.

“Let’s go.” Hye Mi said as she broke the hug.

Dumping the remains of the fast food set meal into the bin, I threw away all thoughts of giving up along with it.

With that, I embarked on the second part of the arduous journey…

Narrator’s POV

A few months later…

“How do I look on this?”Soo Hee asked as she spun around.

“Gorgeous.” Hye Mi said as she clapped loudly and smiled.

The salesgirl from before was staring at Soo Hee with her jaw dropped. The girl before her was simply beautiful with the perfect figure and looks. Never in her dreams did she expect her to be the fat girl whom she chased away a few months ago. Soo Hee flashed the sweetest smile she could manage at the salesgirl when she caught her staring.

“You… you are so pretty.” The salesgirl stammered a little.

“Hah. Who was the one who said I couldn’t try on the blouse time? Gosh. She can’t recognise me at all…” Soo Hee thought to herself. She restrained herself from rolling her eyes at her. Instead, she put on a fake smile.

“Thank you.” Soo Hee said politely as she began cursing and swearing inside.

“Come on. We should get going…” Hye Mi nudged Soo Hee.

“Oh, okay. I will take this dress then.” Soo Hee said.

After paying at the counter, the girls linked arms and left the shop. Sitting at the café, many eyes were on them. The two ignored the stares from the surroundings and were engaged in their conversation.

“Hye Mi-ah, I am going to enroll into college.” Soo Hee informed.

“Yea, I guess it is time to execute step 6.” Hye Mi replied as she took another sip of her drink.

“Will you enroll with me?” Soo Hee pleaded.

“I…” Hye Mi paused.

Hye Mi had no reason to not resume schooling especially after her mother’s death. Her mother had passed away a few months before due to her worsening of condition. Deep down inside, Hye Mi knew her mother would want her to continue schooling since she used to tell her how guilty she was for making her drop school so as to earn money for her medical fees.

Hye Mi nodded her head as she held back those tears. She felt sad at the thought of her lost mother. She missed her badly. Soo Hee smiled happily and held onto Hye Mi’s hands agitatedly. However, her smile disappeared when she saw Hye Mi’s expression. She knew what was on her mind instantly.

“Hye Mi-ah, you still have me.” Soo Hee said with a concerned smile.

Hye Mi nodded her head and gave her a grateful smile. She was glad to have such a wonderful friend with her. It was Soo Hee who stayed by her side and helped settle her mother’s funeral too. She was there to wipe off her tears whenever she cried. The two girls had fostered a strong friendship bond through those times.

Step 6: Track them down

Standing before the gates, the two of them took in a deep breath. It was the start of their college school life. Soo Hee had did her research and found out that all the INFINITE members and Joo Woo enrolled into the same college. Hence, she enrolled both Hye Mi and herself into the same college.

“Great. Now we are in the same school.” Soo Hee thought to herself.

“Kaja." Hye Mi said as she smiled and pulled Hye Mi into the school.

Walking into the new environment, Soo Hee spotted them among the other students. They were still as striking as before. Regardless of how big the crowd of people was, the group of handsome boys had always been the centre of attention. Soo Hee stopped walking and stared at them. Hye Mi halted and followed her gaze.

“It’s them.” Soo Hee said.

Hye Mi knew who she was referring to instantly and folded her arms in disgust.

“Bastards.” Hye Mi muttered under her breath.

Kim Joo Woo’s POV

“Oh, there are two hot girls looking in our direction? One of them seemed to be staring at me! Mesmerised by my handsome face huh?” I thought.

Smirking, I left the group and walked towards her. Stopping before the girl who was still staring, I flashed my killer smile.

“Hello, pretty. My name is Kim Joo Woo. What is your name, pretty babe?” I said simply and did a prince styled bow.

The guys followed behind me and stepped aside, allowing me some time to get the new girl.

Park Soo Hee’s POV

“What the heck? My name?!” I thought to myself.

“Oh, I forgot. I look different now… But like seriously… he can’t recognise me at all?! Oh yea, I must have changed really a lot...Anyway, is Joo Woo like hitting on me now?” I thought.

He was still smirking and waiting for my response. Looking at his pretty face, the things he did to me flashed across my mind. I controlled my raging emotions and temptation to give him a tight slap across his face.

“May I know what is your name, babe?” He asked again.

“Park Soo Hee.” I replied simply and smirked.

“Park… Park Soo Hee?!” He exclaimed in shock as his eyes widened.

“You… you are not the Park Soo Hee I know, right?” He asked in disbelief.

Kim Myung Soo’s POV

“Did she just say her name is Soo Hee?! Now that I look closely at her, her eyes and features really do resemble Soo Hee… If she really is the Soo Hee I know, how did she change so much and become so… pretty?” I gasped and thought to myself.


Author's Note:
Updated the removed last chapter:D
Thankfully, I saved a company of my lap top:)
Sadly, I lost quite some subs for this fic D:
I will be typing the next chapter soon to gain back my subscribers! :D!