Lies

Turn of the tide.

Stepping into the school compound, Soo Hee looked about uncomfortably. Each passing student was stealing glances at her and murmuring among themselves. She shrugged the thought off and continued making her way to meet Hye Mi. Then, she spotted a big crowd surrounding the bulletin board at the school lobby. Curious, she stepped forward and joined them.

“OH! HERE COMES THE FEMALE LEAD!” A loud familiar voice shouted.

Everyone stepped aside, leaving a considerable distance between Soo Hee and themselves. With that, Soo hee had a clear view of what was on the bulletin board. She saw her enlarged photos stuck all over the board. Those were taken when she went on dates with Joo Woo.

“Is that fat girl in the photo really her?” One of the girls asked in disbelief.

“Looking closely, they really look alike! Oh my god.” Another student exclaimed.

“OMO! Then she really went for plastic surgery like what Joo Woo oppa said?!” One of the queenkas said, loud enough for everyone else to hear.

“I think it’s real. Her nose looks kind of fake actually.” One of the guys said in disgust.

Soo Hee felt the energy in her draining away when all the students began throwing nasty remarks at her. They were pointing fingers and laughing at her cruelly. Soo Hee then turned to Joo Woo, hoping he would clarify the misunderstanding. At the crucial moment when she needed to be strong, she turned back into the weak Park Soo Hee once again.

“Oh, our plastic friend here is angry because I exposed her little secret huh?” Joo Woo sneered.

Soo Hee clenched her fists, dying to yell at him and everyone else. She wanted to tell them that Joo Woo was making up stories and she became the Soo Hee today all by her own efforts. However, those words just got trapped in and without warning, helpless tears fell from her eyes. She began crying as she bit down hard on her trembling lower lips. Everyone believed his words, no one sided her. Instead, all her so-called friends merely stepped back and drew a clean line between Soo Hee and themselves.

“So care to share how much you spent in total for your BIG surgery?” Joo Woo asked jokingly.

He then turned to all the students gathered in the lobby.

“Aren’t you guys curious? Shouldn’t our dear friend here share?” Joo Woo shouted to the others.

“Tell us, tell us, tell us…” The crowd chanted.

The queenkas folded their arms across their chest and merely smirked at Soo Hee. They had disliked her since before as Soo Hee stole their limelight since the day she stepped into the school. The guys felt cheated and disgusted for making Soo Hee their goddess. Her ‘friends’ disowned her almost immediately when the news spreaded. More tears fell as Soo Hee choked on her own words. She was drowned in the loud chants, lost and confused.

Lies, they are all lies...

Then, someone appeared out of nowhere and threw a vicious punch at Joo Woo. The students gasped and the lobby was filled with a deadly silence. All eyes were on the fight which broke out.

“Kim Myung Soo, aren’t you my best friend?! Why are you helping this plastic ?” Joo Woo yelled as he wiped off the blood oozing out from the side of his lips.

He stumbled backwards and was trying to get back up. Before he could straighten himself, Myung Soo picked him up by his collar and stared coldly into his eyes.

“If you still want me as your friend, stop all this bloody nonsense. Right now.” He demanded with a fierce glare before pushing him away roughly.

Turning to his right, L walked up to the bulletin board and tore down all the photographs. Throwing all the crumpled papers on the ground, Myung Soo went up to Soo Hee.

“Let’s go.” He told her as he supported her out of the crowd.

Hye Mi ran out of the classroom immediately when she heard the news. Rushing to the school lobby, she saw L taking Soo Hee away. She stepped aside and let him her out of the mess. The crowd was dispersing as they jeered at Joo Woo for wasting their time. There was not much a show put up for the amount of time they spent waiting.

“Hye Mi-ah!” Chunji ran up to her, panting heavily.

“Wh-where is Soo Hee?!” He asked worriedly.

“Catch your breath first, Chunji.” Hye Mi said.

“Tell me where she is!” He was so close to shouting at her.

“She went with L in that direction.” Hye Mi pointed to the direction the two left some time ago.

Just when Chunji was about to run off, Hye Mi grabbed his arm.

“Chunji, don’t go. Myung Soo is with her already.” Hye Mi pleaded as she stared into his eyes.

“I am sorry, Hye Mi. I got to go. I want to be the one by her side at times like this.” Chunji explained as he brushed Hye Mi’s hand away without a second thought.

With that, Chunji ran off with all his might in the direction Hye Mi pointed. Hye Mi was left standing there with tears welling up in her eyes.

“Pabo, I just don’t want you to be hurt...” Hye Mi mumbled to herself as a silent tear slipped out of her eye.


Author's Note:
Hey guys!:D I updated! ^^
The next chapter will most probably be the last chapter already! D:
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed the new chapter and please don't forget to comment!(;
I don't mind new subscribers too! :D hehe...
Thanks for reading 'Turn of the tide' ! <3