Interview Part 4

"Scandal": The Interview
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 5

 

 

Interview Part 4

 

The extended cast and Cameo role

                       Song Hyun Joo as (SM) Lee Sooman                        Shin Ha-Kyun as Yang Hyungsuk

 

     Um Ki Joon                      Oh Dong Min                   Choi Dae Hoon

      Kim's Lawyer                     SM's Lawyer                    YG's Lawyer

 

Continuation from the last scene in the video…

 

The audience was confused on what they are seeing in the screen. It was outside of a bar and from the outside there were a lot of people who are curiously waiting what is happening inside the bar.

Inside the bar, two actors were busy reviewing the footage of their first shoot. The director was busy explaining to them the scene they shoot and how it could be improved. The guest for the scene was Miss A Min. Of course there is also some of GD’s crew.

It was the first episode of the drama and it was bar scene in which Taeyeon and GD’s faith intertwined because of their drunken mistake. GD was with his friend on the upper floor with his friends when he notices Taeyeon who was alone at the bar counter getting drunk. Of course the actual scene doesn’t necessarily use real alcohol for the scene.

After their meeting with the director the director said there will be a 20 minutes break and the staff sigh a relief as it was an evening shoot and everyone seems tired.

“This is way different from the music video I am used too.” Taeyeon said in front of the camera.

“Hey are you tired?” Jiyong came over to hand her a drink. Which the people in the audience giggle. “This is tiring right?”

“Yup but fun too.” Taeyeon said. “I can’t believe I am actually acting.”

“Me too.” Jiyong said. Then Taeyeon was called by the director.

The camera then focused on Jiyong looking at Taeyeon lovingly. Jiyong who was watching the video just hide himself in embarrassment and the audience just giggle.

The shoot continues as the last scene was finish. It was the scene where Taeyeon and Jiyong was in Jiyong’s car in an alley making out. At the studio Taeyeon and Jiyong was so embarrass that they both blush. Kiko on the other hand didn’t know how the scene was done so she was super focus on the video.

“Okay CUT!” The director said. “Wow that is instance! Good job Jiyong and Taeyeon.”

“Taeng! GD oppa that was hot!” Hyoyeon teased.

“If the director didn’t say CUT you two might go all the way.” Soohyuk also teased.

They all thanked the staff and the staff also congratulated the two newbie actor for their first successful shoot.

 

Y:        GD-shi. There are a lot of questionable thing in that video? Also many skinship with Taeyeon-shi.

G:        It was just acting. I mean some drama have many skinship right?

But Taeyeon and Kiko just look at him weirdly.

T:        He is right it was just acting. Besides it was due to the director’s guidance that we finish the scene without much trouble.

K:        Still, you two make it look so natural. (Kiko tease them.)

 

But before the two can explain the video started and now it was another scene.

The video then came up, it was early morning and it was inside SM building. As the video pan out, you could see almost all of the SM artist there gathering. There are also G-dragon, Kim Sooro and Yoon Se-ah who plays Taeyeon’s parents, Jang Hyu Sung and Kim Hee-ae who plays GD’s parents and Son Dambi who plays his sister.

Along with them are special guests who Song Hyun Joo (Signal) who will play as SM Chairman Lee Soo Man, Shin Ha Kyun as (Soul Mechanic) YG chairman Yang Hyun Suk, Um Ki Joon (Penthouse) as Kim’s family lawyer, Oh Dong Min (Kingdom) as SM’s lawyer, and Yu Yeon Seok (Beyond Evil) will play YG’s lawyer.

(Please look them up. They are real Actors in Korea)

The video then went to Song Hyun Joo and ask on how he was cast to play SM’s chairman.

“It was my daughter. She read the synopsis of the script sent to me. Then she urged me to play the role.” He answers. “She even ask me to get every autograph of her favorite idosl, especially SNSD Kim Taeyeon and Big Bang G-dragon.”

Then the video then went outside of the building. The director was giving direction to the fans outside.

 

Y:        Wait those people aren’t extras?

T:        The director asks the fans if they want to be on the drama and they all said yes.

 

Then Taeyeon went out of the building too and thank the fans who will participate in the shoot for today. Just then Super Junior Leeteuk and BOA also came out to thanks the fans.

After a while the shoot started and there were a lot of NG’s mostly the SM idols. It is the scene where they all gather around Taeyeon to support her ordeal. There were also some NG’s when Jiyong enter an approach me as he cannot focus as he was a lone YG idol in an SM building. Still he has friends in the building, especially some of the Super Junior members and TVXQ.

The video showed a lot of G-dragon interaction with SM idols especially when it was now the scene where they are in the meeting room where G-dragon, Kim Taeyeon, their family and also executive of both agencies were now discussing Taeyeon’s faith in SNSD.

The video shows the director guiding the actor on how the scene will commence. The video then shows how serious the actor was and how Taeyeon and Jiyong was also focused on the shoot.

 

T:        That scene was really hard.

G:        Yeah… We film for at least 5 hours just to get that scene right.

Y:        Really? Why?

T:        There were a lot of crying also. There was also the scene were Leeteuk oppa attack Jiyong oppa to the ground. We have a dozen of take since they need a lot of material for different angles.

 

As they were discussing it, the video also plays the scene where Leeteuk attack Jiyong on the ground. There were a lot of NG since, Jiyong reflex to avoid such attack, and Leeteuk somewhat weird attack was so funny that the rest laugh at the two. Especially when Leeteuk was punching Jiyong in the face.

“What the hell was that?” Heechul mock Leeteuk as a 10 minutes’ break was order by the director. “You went to the army right?”

“Hyung you could just tackle me to the ground.” Jiyong said. “The editing team will just edit it nicely.”

“Hyung, Jiyong’s right.” Siwon said. “Also I know you don’t get angry that much but still try to get anger show in your face.”

 

Y:        Ahh is this what you are talking about?

T:        Yeah… Leeteuk oppa can’t really projected anger on his face infront of the camera and also he rarely gets angry.

K:        So how did the scene was finished?

G:        He imagine the hardship of being a leader.

Y; K:  What?

G:        He remember all the hardship he experiences as the leader of the craziest Kpop group in Korea.

T:        Let us just say, he has many pent up frustration against s.

G:        Well I do too, if my members are that crazy. My group has only 5 members and I have difficult time handling them through this years, what more having at least 13.

 

“And CUT!” the director yelled as they finish the scene. The video then sighs a relief as the whole scene was now finish. It was a bit late than usual but still they have finished all scenes.

The cast thanks the staff and also the actors who cameo for the drama.

 

After the scene finish another one was uploaded and now it is a news clipping from a long time ago.

 

“Calling all FANS of SNSD and Big Bang; Urgent need of people for a shoot for SCANDAL”

 

It was the headline many people have seen once. It was an ad for people willing to take part in the shooting of a drama. Many thought it was just a joke made by the network but when a lot of people came to designated audition site, even the news covers it.

Then a video of people gathering at the SM headquarters in Apgujeong. There was a mixture of SONE’s and VIP’s in the area.

The Cameraman then interview some of them.

 

(Are you here for the shoot?)

“YES!” A group of girls answer enthusiastically. “We all audition for the slot!”

“We all love SCANDAL and wanted to be a part of it!”

“GD-Oppa! Saranghae!”

“Taeyeon-unnie! Saranghae!”

“SCANDAL! Fighting!”

 

Yup the ad contains an instruction on how to became the surging fans who will be cameoing on the press conference scene. Why hire many extra’s when you can just ask the fans of SNSD and Big Bang for help right? It was cost efficient and also a bit of promotion itself. Since it was limited, only 200 SNSD Fans and 100 VIP’s are allowed to participate. The reason that there were more SNSD fans, was because the scene d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter