An Introduction

"Scandal": The Interview
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

For the Birthday Girl's (Belated Happy Birthday) Kim Jisoo and (Happy Birthday)Kim Jennie

 

Chapter 1:

 

An Introduction

 

Korea has been on celebratory mood as the famous leading stars of the hit worldwide successful drama “Scandal” had return back to Korea after winning prestigious awards in both the Golden Globes, Emmy and People Choice’s award.

The whole nation was shocked in September 30 of 2014 that SM and YG had collaborated in a drama together for SBS. Much more surprising is that the main actors are people they didn’t thought will be acting much more together in the same project. For idol actors they thought, Yoona, Siwon, or Donghae for SM and TOP or Dara for YG but as the main actors enter, the press lose their marbles.

As Kim Taeyeon, G-Dragon and Mizuhara Kiko enter the press conference, people started wondering why these three very controversial people are sitting together. As the director of the drama spoke and tell what kind of drama “Scandal” is, many kept wondering if it will be a hit considering that GD and Kiko were in a longtime scandal of their own, and Taeyeon who was never been rumored to GD.

From the start of the script reading upto the first shoot, netizens, fans, media and other people were worried and skeptical of how this new type of drama will unfold or if it will rate highly or it will be a disappointment.

But as the first episode was aired, the doubts vanished. The first episode garners a whopping 30% audience viewers. Since then every episode never gone down to 30% and reach as high as 50% by the time the drama reaches mid-way. The inclusion of 2nd generation idols plus notable actors and actress who played the Kim and Kwon family was also a huge factor of the drama. It also helps that the drama included the participation of both fandoms of SNSD and Big Bang as well as actors, actresses, and international stars who cameo role on some of the episodes. Plus, the essence of social media was evident on every episodes as viewers were introduce to a very realistic comments that shows the life of Jiyong and Taeyeon in the drama.

The most notable episodes were the grand wedding at episode 9 and 10 of the series (See Chapter 14). One is that the shooting of the episodes was made by inviting many celebrities from all of Asia and the US. It was so grand that Seoul Highland Garden agrees to host the episode shooting, of course it was all over the news as in literally all over the world. The rating for this episodes was so high (60% across the nation) that they thought it won’t be topped by the proceeding episode.

By the time there only 2 episodes are left, people are on their feet as they want to know what happen. As if time stop for that day as company didn’t make their employees do overtime. Shops close early and the only business running was delivery restaurant which was flocked by orders 2 hours before the airing of the last episodes. By the time it was over the 24-episode drama beats 1987 drama “Love and Ambition” as the highest rating drama of all time with 79.7% rating overall and 80% rating in Seoul.

But the celebration didn’t stop there as G-Dragon, Kim Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter