case of angels and demons

The Bracelet Club
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N, I really hope you liked this chapter. It was kind of random on some parts and tt was kind of hard to write but I tried to explain as much as I can. Sorry for the delay.

After we had realized that we had ed up big time, that was when the real chaos happened. Rain came crashing down on different parts of the world and I found myself worried and concerned. The news of the first draft of the bible unsurprisingly reached the media and that just fueled everything—like a domino toppling over and the effect of evil became stronger.

Haechan and Jeno were wiped off their memories but we knew that the effects of the afterlife would stay with them for quite some time. Whether they would remember this for years to come was up to them and how in tune they would be with souls and galore.

We had kept Miles away from us and the first day, we thought that it would simply just subside. Surely, Judas wouldn’t be able to make it rain for seven days.

We were wrong, however, and just like that—the typhoons started. Roaring winds and heavy droplets of rain washed through the streets like it was trying to cause rebirth. The numbers on Matthew’s graph increased, Judas’ prayers finally reaching its peak.

It didn’t help that the media was adding to the flame.

“We call this the modern judgment day!” a man said to the camera with a crazy glint in his eye. “If you want to survive judgment day, you must pray to the rightful god. Judas!”

The numbers were crazy after that. Miles was gasping for breath, his young body not able to handle the surge of power given to him. The thunderstorms continued when we got a call from other Grim Reapers, Peniel telling us that we couldn’t let this go on.

Even the demons seemed uneasy, Lucifer taking matters in his own hands.

“We have to find him,” he finally said, telling us that we couldn’t just let this be. The second day, then the third, then the fourth and the world would already be washed away. “We need to find out where he is. We need to find him and obliviate him. He must be taking refuge somewhere—”

His voice was cut off when a Grim Reaper appeared, his face pale and his gaze intense. Edward Swan, Matthew told me, one of the best Grim Reapers in America. He was a man of little words, Edward Swan pressing onto his wrist to drag the screen up when he looked at Lucifer.

“Here?”

“Earthquake near the Dead Sea. Enough to make us investigate. We have set up a base camp, it’s not as simple as you might think.”

“And why is there?”

Edward heaved a sigh, his lips pursing. “You’ll see soon enough. They say he chose the Dead Sea since it keeps the human handlers and the mediums away from him. The water there burns. We’ll need your demon powers for this, Your UnHoliness.”

Chanyeol snorted at Lucifer’s title despite the situation, quickly muttering a sorry.

“Pass on the message to your Grim Reaper peers,” Lucifer said, Matthew and Peniel nodding. “Bring their handlers and their mediums. We need them to pray.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name

Lucifer seemed to know something bad was going on. He had left us to go with Leviathan, the demon of envy looking uneasy. It was weird seeing them so bothered despite them telling us that they didn’t like bothering themselves with human affairs.

It was obvious that this wasn’t just a human affair and it was something that affected the whole afterlife. All this time, I wondered what God was doing. We have brought Miles with us; the young boy had been trembling the whole time and I was worried something was happening to him.

He was getting an overload of prayers and whoever prayed for him was praying for Judas and it was obvious that Miles was scared of what was to happen.

“Don’t fight it if you can’t,” Lust said to the child, weirdly gentle. She had smoothed Miles’ forehead with her finger and he shuddered. “Relax, it’s okay.”

In a different situation, a demon of lust taming a child wouldn’t be an ideal situation but I remembered how she had made me feel when she did it on me. There was a silver lining for everything.

Leviathan had tightened her black hair, a portal appearing right at the penthouse when I stepped through with Peniel, Matthew, Kyungsoo, his father, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. The moment we arrived at the place, I could see the Dead Sea faraway and the stinging smell of salt reached my nostrils. The rocks on the ground had absorbed the water but it wouldn’t for long.

There were people there already and I noticed Hermione Granger. She held her hat and the moment she saw Peniel and Matthew, she had called them over. I saw a bright light across the Dead Sea and I wondered what that was, Kyungsoo grabbing my elbow.

“Look,” he told me. He had pointed far away and when I squinted, I saw that there was someone sitting on top of a hill on the opposite side of the Dead Sea. “Judas.”

The mention of the name made Chanyeol and Baekhyun step forward. Chanyeol had his face scrunched up, a hand reaching up to cover his eyes as the heavy droplets of water soaked us. I looked back to see that a few mediums and handlers had put up camp, trying to protect Miles.

Judas was hovering a little above ground and the bright light had shielded him from the rain. I could see that the land around him were surrounded by people but they were on the ground. Bright strings connected them to Judas when Kyungsoo spoke.

“He’s getting all the prayers,” Kyungsoo said to me, his eyes clouding over. “All the people that had replaced the original souls. They are there.”

“He made them drink out of the Holy Chalice,” Hermione’s voice said from behind us. As we looked back, we saw her stare in the distance.

“What does that mean for us?” I asked, remembering that the Holy Chalice was a holy item that had powers of its own. “You said it can provide life, take away life and—”

“Bind life,” Hermione Granger said to me, her hands going to her hips, her eyes not wavering. “Their bodies are not theirs but if they were promised a body and they drank from the Holy Chalice, he would have bound them to the bodies.”

“What is he doing?” Baekhyun asked Granger, the female biting her lip. “He’s so powerful, I’ve never seen a demon like that.”

“Meditating,” Chanyeol answered. “It looks like he’s meditating… the chakra?”

“The chakra?” I asked, my eyes widening. Right as Chanyeol said, Judas had a color surrounding his body. “Isn’t Chakra a Buddhist thing?”

“He would have utilized every knowledge from every religion,” Baekhyun said to me. “Noona, this is his religion. It’s been proven throughout the years that meditation helps with enlightenment. A man who gets enlightenment has the power to ground himself.”

“Isn’t chakra just energy throughout the body?” I asked, still confused. I was brought up with Chinese Buddhism and I had heard of chakras but knew them of energy points. Chanyeol seemed to be more well-versed in the topic.

“Chakras are not only physical, Noona. They are also connected to such things as love and connection and so on and so forth. He would be doing that to keep the power in. The last chakra? White?” Chanyeol looked at me. “Stands for awareness and intelligence.”

“If Judas does not find a way to handle the power given to him, he would be all over the place,” Hermione said and I blinked, my hair now fully wet. “He’s maintaining whatever he is doing. That makes it harder for us.”

“Why?”

“Because then he’d be harder to reach, child.” Hermione pointed. “That shield, we need to get to him before obtains the utmost power. Now, where are the demons?”

“He’s using everything, Noona,” Baekhyun told me and I swallowed, worried.

“Go to the tents, Baek,” I told him and he looked up at me. “Chanyeol, go take him back to tent. Don’t come out until this is over.”

As much as I knew that they wanted to help, their safety came first and I saw Chanyeol grab Baekhyun by the neck, bringing him to the tent. I saw that the shield around Judas had turned blue and I tried to remember what I read about it before.

“Blue, the throat Chakra,” Matthew said and I looked at the grim. For some reason, my eyes began to water, looking up at him to slip my arms his waist. Matthew looked down at me tiredly as hugged him tightly. “The rest of the mediums and handlers are arriving.”

“Mhm…” my voice came out strangled as I closed my eyes. “He’s getting more powerful, Matthew.”

“Everything will be okay, Bora,” Matthew told me. “After this is over, we’re going to take a long vacation, okay? We’ll go away for a long as you need and we can finally get some alone time. I’ll just collect letters so I won’t get shunned from being a Grim Reaper.”

His rambling made me feel better and I nodded.

“Kiss me,” I told him, Matthew looking surprised.

“Now? With people—”

I brought my lips towards him under the rain, Matthew’s head leaning down to kiss me. Our lips connected and as I melted into his arms with no shame, I felt Matthew hug me closer. Whatever would happen, I still had him, I told myself. Death wouldn’t be able to take him away from me and that was enough.

I pulled away softly, Matthew resting his forehead against mine.

“I love you,” he blurted out and I opened my eyes to see him looking at me. “I know I’ve never said it, but I love you, Bora. I really do.”

I smiled, realizing that all this time, we never really told each other we loved each other. Matthew was a man of action and I never had to hear it to know it.

“I love you too,” I told him, pecking his lips. “so much. You know that, right?”

Matthew relaxed.

“I thought you’d get mad if I said it,” he admitted and I laughed at the stupidity of my lover. “I thought you’d go, oh well. He says he loves me! On to the next one!”

“Matthew, I’m not like that.”

“Could’ve fooled me,” he shrugged and I smacked his arm, Matthew bringing his lips to my lips one more. “I can’t wait for this to be over. We’ll have such a blast.”

“Sure, Matthew. Unless you leave me for Mark,” I placed a hand on my chest and he gasped. I pushed him away, Matthew helping me brush my hair away from my face. “I’m all wet. Going to be so sick after this is done.”

“I’m back,” Lucifer had said and I looked back to see that all the other demons were back. I moved towards them, the mediums and the handlers that just came were on their knees. They were praying and I could see that with the collective prayers, the air felt different.

Almost suffocating, as if there was a tug and pull happening between our side and Judas’ side.

“Brother, how do we reach them?” Asmodeus asked, the demon of Lust asking her sibling. “How do we stop him? I can feel him from here.”

“Where did you go?” Do Kyungmin asked, the demons telling him that Satan went to get his trident. “Trident?”

“The only weapon the management team could give back to us to us to part the seas. It was in hell anyway, so we had access to it. We went to the underworld to retrieve it,” Lucifer hissed. “They know nothing of the severity of the situation. Satan! Come here!”

“ing Kevin Hart and his trident,” Greed rolled his eyes, the stout black man came towards us. In his hand, he held a trident. “Go and part the seas, we need to get past his Judas’ minions to reach him but we don’t have our wings.”

“This reminds of the story of Moses,” Kyungsoo said from the side. “EXODUS 14 NKJV.”

“What’s that?”

“A man named Moses had to part the seas to lead an army of his people. He holds out a staff and as he does so, the water parted and the Egyptians who tried to kill him all died,” Kyungsoo narrated and as he did so, I saw Satan step forward, a trident held tightly in his hand.

And little by little, as the rain grew harder, the seas began to slowly part.

“Let’s try to get to him on our own, brother!” Gluttony yelled over the thunder that cracked through the sky. “Let me try—”

“He’s too strong for us to handle!” Lucifer bellowed back; his cloak stuck to his body. “We aren’t the ones people pray too! Gluttony—”

But before Lucifer could stop his brother, Gluttony had dissipated in the air, trying to portal straight to where Judas was when he appeared once more, the skin of his arm burnt. But much to our relief, his body began to regenerate, Gluttony cursing under his breath.

“He’s weak on top!”

“What?”

“He power hasn’t reached his crown yet, he’s weak on top. If you must fight him, you must fight him before it does!”

I watched as Lucifer raised a hand to Satan, the male waiting for the green signal from his brother so he could divide the seas further. Satan then began to shake the trident, the water from the Dead Sea separating more than it already as. I found myself rushing over to Chanyeol in one of the tents.

“Yeol,” I asked, bursting through the tents to see Baekhyun praying. Chanyeol opened his eyes. “What is blue?”

“Communication,” Chanyeol replied. “If it’s blue, it’s probably because he’s trying to gain all the power. Communicating through all mediums.”

“How many until he reaches the crown?”

“Two,” Chanyeol said, straightening. “Indigo then White.”

A wave of nausea ran through me and I coughed just as the tent opened and Kyungsoo peered into the area.

“Bora,” he began. “Can you please stay with Miles?”

I nodded, rushing over to see Miles trembling at the corner of his tent. As I sat down beside him, I reached out to gather him in my arms to see him crying.

“Miles…”

“Bora,” he gasped. “Something bad is going to happen.”

I couldn’t get rid of the feeling that something bad was going to happen but I knew all I had to do was try to comfort him. I held his wet body against my chest, trying to give him warmth when I heard his whisper.

“Maybe I am like my father,” he began and I shook my head, telling him that he was nothing like Judas. “You don’t understand, Bora.”

“What do I not understand?” I asked, rubbing his forehead.

“Maybe I am to be a sacrifice,” he whispered.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in heaven

The demons were stressed.

As the sea parted into two opposite sides, Lucifer and the demons began to portal right where the border of Judas’ shield was. The power was astronomical, Lucifer found himself thinking. He couldn’t remember the last time he felt this kind of power—or if he ever had. No mortal had ever collected this much prayers.

“Lucifer!” Belphegor hissed, the male stepping forward on the land. Judas was smart to surround himself with the sea, the hill and the land around him enough to cater towards the people who he wanted saved. “Pride!”

Belphegor bellowed, Lucifer stopping at the name of his sin. He looked back at Sloth who was holding Greed back, his eyes turning blue, the current color of Judas’ shield.

He was keeping his shield at blue so he could communicate with them, Lucifer realized.

“He’s calling out to us!” Sloth was saying. Mammon; Greed, had always been rather… greedy. Mammon groaned and Lucifer saw as he tried to fight the urge. “He’s trying to make us betray God.”

“Mammon, control yourself!” Leviathan rasped but he knew that Leviathan would be next. Greed and Envy were never strong when it came to temptation. Greed always wanted more; Envy always wanted what was not hers. “Mammon—”

And like that, Lucifer saw her eyes turn blue, Judas trying to coax her to join him. Lucifer shook his head.

“How long do I have to hold the sea for? You ing imbeciles!” Satan yelled, struggling as he held the trident in the air. “I haven’t done this for so long!”

“Mammon, no!” Belphegor, the demon of sloth yelled as Mammon managed to remove himself from Sloth’s grasp. He was trying to fight the temptation but they were demons, they weren’t good entities to begin with. “Mammon!”

Greed had pounced forward, the shield slowly opening for him at Judas’ command but Lucifer knew he’d lose his brother to the dark side if he left him, Lucifer raising a hand to stop Greed when Asmodeus beat him to it.

Lust grabbed her big buff Italian brother by the hair and swung him with all her might, Mammon flying away from the shield as Lust scoffed. Asmodeus knew how to control her urges, that was what she had been doing all her life. Oh, the demon of lust knew what to succumb to and what not to. She was the one who made people fall for her and she wanted nothing but to stop Judas.

“Weak. Weak! All of you!” she hissed.

“Weak? I’m ing holding a sea apart for you greedy pigs!”

“Retreat,” Lucifer said calmly, trying to keep himself grounded. It would be a lie if he said it wasn’t bothering him.

“You know you want to,” a voice whispered through the sea. “You know you don’t deserve how he treated you.”

“Get out of my head!” Leviathan was saying, her black hair loose from the bun. She had her hands over her ears, her eyes flashing blue.

“Come to me,” the whispers continued.

“Aw, HELL NAW!” Satan spat out, “I’m letting go!”

“Wrath, not yet—” Lucifer said but Satan had already swung the trident. Beelzebub was quick to react, Gluttony creating a portal to bring them back to the base and Lucifer found himself back on the ground as the sea had merged itself into one.

The base was slowly flooding and the water was beginning to pool.    

“What the was that about?” Belphegor asked, pushing himself up before grabbing Greed who was on the ground. Belphegor was always the calm one of them all, always so tired. Being the embodiment of Sloth, Lucifer had never seen his brother this angry.

“I couldn’t help myself,” Mammon answered, heaving. “Apologies, brother—”

“Apologies? You almost—”

“Enough, Belphegor,” Lucifer said, Belphegor stepping away from Mammon. “Not the time to fight.”

But at the corner of his eyes, he saw Leviathan staring longingly at the sea. He knew with their histories, a couple of them were shunned from heaven for something that they saw as an honest mistake. But an honest mistake was still a mistake, nonetheless.

“What happened?” a voice asked hastily, Do Kyungmin and his son showing up. “Why are you back here?”

“He was trying to get into our heads. A few of us decided to give in,” Asmodeus said snottily, glaring at Leviathan and Mammon. “Greed and Envy here thinks they can do better in his side.”

Leviathan stayed silent and a flash of guilt and anger on her features made Lucifer’s heart drop. She her heel, stalking away when Do Kyungsoo spoke.

“Demon with a tantrum, great.”

But Lucifer k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter