Honeykins & Sweetiepie

A Romantic Comedy

Kahi looked at the advancing figure heading in her direction. Standing at merely 1.65 metre tall, with a receding hairline and frumpy clothes covering his pot-belly, Mr. Lee certainly was not anything much to look at. But she knew that he had liked her, otherwise she would not be so furious at that Rain, who was now sitting next to her with a lop-sided grin on his face, when he leaked out that secret by snatching away her letter.

She did not want to hurt the man, but she could not find a way to let him down gently. A straight-forward rejection would be too cruel, but to keep leading him on was not a good way either. But what could she do? Only to keep on humoring him and hope he would give up on his own. She sighed and prepared to face the problem again.

When Mr. Lee finally reached her table, he shot her a licentious grin.

�My dear Kahi! How is your day today? Did you miss me??�

Kahi tried not to visibly shudder. She despised innuendos of any sort, particularly by odd teachers that fancied himself being hopelessly in love with her. Eeeks! He even had bad breath! And could he please stop trying to edge closer and closer to her? She wished she had a guy with her right now, at least she could pretend that he was her boyfriend to fend off the teacher�s advances. Sigh! That Bi Rain was still sitting beside her, crossing both arms across his chest. He probably thought this was funny, it could be seen from his face that he was trying to control his amusement. That moronic guy!

HEY!!!

Wait a minute! WAIT a minute!!!!

She needed a guy!!!

And that Bi Rain IS a guy, an irritating one, but still!!!

Kahi stared at Rain, looking at him in a new found light, who began to shift uncomfortably in his seat when he noticed the gleam in her eyes. Mr. Lee saw it too. He was also puzzled as to why Kahi never answered his question. He inquired with the same cheesy and disgusting tone as just now.

�Kahi?�

�Yes sir? Oh! I had a great day!!! Sorry I could not catch what you just said. I was just toooo engrossed with admiring my honeykins� good looks just now! Don�t you think that he just look soooo adorable??!?!?�

Kahi replied the teacher with a sugar-sweet voice, suddenly grabbing Rain�s arm tightly like they were a loving couple instead of enemies.

�HONEYKINS?!?!?!?!�

Rain and Mr. Lee, in what must be described as a rare occasion, echoed together in disbelief.

�Yeah honeykins darling! Don�t you remember?!?! You are my honeykins and I am you sweetie pie!�

Kahi continued in her sugary voice, she moved closer to Rain and looked at his eyes. To other people watching them, they looked like they were two people very much in love. But no one could see the fingers of Kahi Park creep stealthily towards Rain�s arm and pinching tightly.

�Yeow!�

�Oh I�m so sorry darling! Did I accidentally hurt you?? Are you all right? And oh ya!!! You haven�t answered sir�s question. You ARE my honeykins, RIGHT?�

Kahi asked Rain in a threatening tone. She pinched him softly on his already bruised arm, warning him that her fingers were positioned there, ready for action anytime.

Rain gave up; he could not go over the wishes of that witch. He tried a weak smile at Mr. Lee.

�Yeah! She�s my sweetie pie.�

Funny how easily he said it, like he had repeated the endearment many times, he thought to himself.

Mr. Lee apparently did not believe it. He said in a suspicious tone.

�But I thought you two were always at odds with each other??? The whole school is talking about it. I may be a teacher, but I do know all this high school gossip you know???�

Kahi replied smoothly.

�Oh it�s just for the fun of it! Urm.. What is that called? Yes! Lover�s squabbles! You know??�

Mr. Lee�s face fell. But he would not give up. He remarked with a disbelieving grin.

�Really???� He could not believe how his lovely lovely Kahi could do this to him. It must be a trick or something.

Kahi did not know what else to say. Luckily, before she said something stupid in the heat of the moment, Rain spoke up, he was not that stupid after all, Rain thought smugly.

�YA� sweetie and I are together. Do you want me to demonstrate how??? Come! My dear!!!�

�What!!! Uh..� Kahi sneaked a peek at the teacher and continued in an uncertain voice.

�What do you want to do? Honeykins?!?!�

Eeks! She hated that mushy nickname.

�Kiss you of course!!!� He replied jauntily like kissing her was the most natural thing in the world to do.

�Kiiisss meeee?!?!?! Is there such a need to be that extreme!?!?!?� Kahi stammered.

�Of course not sweetie pie!! It�s not as if we haven�t done it before!�

�We did?!?!� Kahi glared at Rain in a way such that the teacher could not see.

�Yeah!!! Was my kiss so insignificant that you have forgotten all about it??? � Rain pouted, but no one except the teacher would believe that he was sad because she had no memory whatsoever of their so-called kisses. Ya right! He was just trying to torture her, to take revenge for that pinch just now!!! He must be enjoying all this!!!

Kahi wanted to pull her hair out. She knew it!!! She just knew it!!! He wanted to take advantage of her! How could she have forgetten that nothing good came out of that ert�s warped brain!

But she knew she had no choice but to play along or to get pestered by Jo kyung Lee until forever.

She replied in a resigned tone.

�Of course I remembered. I�m just kidding you.�

�I knew you would not do that to me. Fancy forgetting MY kiss!!!�
Rain said smugly and evilly.

Argh!!!

He was now puckering up his lips joyfully and aiming them at hers! She could not stop it or else Jo Kyung Lee would see through their deceit. Oh no!!! Was her very very first kiss going end up like this?!?!?! Like nothing she ever imagined?!?!?! No sweet joining of the lips at the seaside??? No warm breeze blowing gently at her side?!!?!? Not with the sweet handsome imaginary man she loved with all her heart and all her soul?!?!?! No candles, flowers and champagne?!?!?! No! No! No!!!

Rain�s face, along with his puckered mouth, hovered nearer and nearer to her. She closed her eyes and clenched her teeth, bracing herself for the nightmare that would soon begin�