the horrible DETENTION room.

A Romantic Comedy

Setting: The Detention room�

Two people, a guy and a girl, both good-looking, sat in stony silence in the detention room. The room was meant to intimidate. It was painted dark blue to give a somber feeling. There were no windows there, so it resembled a storeroom. It was so stifling, with air-conditioning turned down to its coldest. To someone who did not know better, he would have thought he had walked into an interrogation room used by the police. All it lacked was a table lamp.

Mr. Lee opened the door with a flourish. Rain felt a flash of pain in his eyes when the light glared through the doorway. Before, he could open his eyes to find out where the secret switch was, the lights were already on. Yes, the teachers of this school were weird. They derived sadistic pleasure from their students by scaring them in THE detention room. The geography teacher flashed an evil grin in their direction and threw down some papers.

�These are some Geography past-year exam papers. PLEASE finish them by 5 pm, which is in exactly two hours. If not finished, be prepared to face SERIOUS consequences!�

Without waiting for either Rain�s or Kahi�s objection, he stalked out of the detention room. Two hours, Rain thought, which meant that he had to start doing immediately. He did not want to know what �serious consequences� the �creative� teacher could come up with just to torture them, him in particular. Come to think of it, Rain was puzzled why they only received such mild punishment from the infamously vengeful teacher. Never mind!! He thought hastily when he saw that Kahi had started scribbling furiously in intense concentration. He opened his bag, took out his pencil box and started on his work too.

After about twenty minutes, Rain peeked at Kahi�s work. She was already on the third question. So fast! He thought. But he was not bad too; he had almost finished the second question. Hmm� That Kahi Park� Even if she was not sweet in nature, her handwriting was certainly neat and feminine, even nicer than handwritings of other females in his life. Uee, for example, had a disgusting handwriting. Rain made a face. It was just like a guy�s. He could not pin-point how nice Kahi�s words are; only that it had a certain kind of style that symbolized carelessness and freedom. Did her handwriting indicate her character? He wondered.

She looked so serious when she was working. Her eyebrows were all furrowed together. It looked like her pet hamster when she was young, which always scrunched up its face? when it was hungry. Which was like ALWAYS? The nostalgic thought forced a laugh out of him. Kahi heard his chuckle. She turned around and shot him one of her famous glares to shut him up. Rain shrugged and turned back into his work.

Kahi noticed his hands. It was shaped finely, like his face, it looked strong enough to hold other girls� hands. That notion made her heart skipped a beat. She wondered if he got sweaty palms. No� She reminded herself. His hands should be as warm as it had felt when they were young. She blushed. Kahi shook away that memory vehemently; she should not entertain that kind of thoughts. Rain was the ENEMY.

Rain noticed her red face.

�Hey, what�s wrong with you? The room is so cold and your face can turn red? How creepy is that?�

�Probably as creepy as you!� Kahi retorted sarcastically.

�Do you think I actually care? I�m just asking for the sake of asking.�

�And ya� I�m just replying you for the sake of replying, you don�t have to listen if you don�t like it, Mr. Obnoxious!� Kahi suppressed the urge to just stick out her tongue at him. But he saw through her, as always.

�Childish!�

�What did you just say?!?!� Kahi never waited for him to repeat, she never did. She did the one thing she always do, kick him. And Rain did the same thing he always did.

�Yeow!�

He fell off his chair, knocking on Gillian at the same time. The both of them, as expected, fell on the floor, sprawling in the ugliest positions.

�Ouch!!!� Both of them cried.

If anyone saw her like that, she would probably ask the person to end off her life at once! This was sooo embarrassing!!! And of course, it never rains but pours, Mr. Lee heard them! He suddenly appeared through a place no one would ever know a door existed and witnessed how Kahi lay on top of Rain; their bodies snuggled so close together she could even hear his heartbeat! Oh god! What should she do?!?

Visions of Jo kyung Lee suddenly turning crazy and deciding to just murder them and throw them in the woods appeared in her mind. Oh no!!! The detention room was going to be their place of doom! Oh mum and dad! She had not got the chance to express her thanks for their care for her. And Uee! Her best friend! She had not bought her 18th birthday present! There was not enough time to do what she wanted to do! Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! She did not want to die!

�Kahi. You may go.� A curt voice cut through her thoughts. Without thinking, she answered excitedly.

�Really??�

�Yes! I�m your teacher, when I say yes I mean yes.�

The teacher replied as manly as he possibly could to his lovely Kahi. Mr. Lee, if anyone was wondering, had decided that having the two in the same room was a greater risk to Kahi and his relationship. Also, he wanted to get into her good books. Hence, he considered allowing her to go early a very good idea indeed! He could not help but feel smug at his brilliant idea. As for that bratty kid Rain, heh heh�

Kahi was overjoyed that she could get out of that horrible room that she never asked any questions. She packed up her bag and rushed out through the normal doorway. Behind her she could hear Jo kyung Lee�s voice.

�Finish both your work and hers and then get out of the school! Get it?!?�

Kahi felt a twinge of guilt at leaving Rain behind. But she quickly brushed it off, telling herself that he deserved it. With that, she walked off, leaving that Rain Bi in the dark dark room all by himself.
.
.
.
.
.
Outside� 1 hour later�

Would he be afraid? It was the Detention Room. The scariest room in the whole of he school! Eeks! What if there was a cockroach?!? He was terrified of them. Could he endure the loneliness? She knew she could not if it were her. What about the teacher? Would he bully that Rain Bi??? Kahi felt tremendously worried about him. It was because she had a caring heart, she reasoned, not anything special.

The car she drove stopped at a traffic light. Kahi noticed a restaurant. Automatically she got down her car to enter the shop. Buying food for a fellow school mate was perfectly normal and reasonable, she rationalized. However, she apparently took too long. When she finally returned to her car later on, it had miraculously disappeared!

Now what was she going to do?!?!?