Kahi the crazy woman

A Romantic Comedy

 

Rain saw the grin on Mr. Lee�s face as he peered at Kahi with adoring eyes. He almost puked. The only seat left in the class was the one beside him, but Kahi, ever the flirty one, shot beseeching looks at Mr. Lee. That look nearly undid the besotted teacher. He coughed gruffly and ordered Joowon, who was sitting with Uee, to go and sit with Rain. Kahi then happily sat beside her best friend.

!! Rain had wanted to match make the two! Joowon plopped down on the seat beside him and began to flash his charming smile to the girls nearby.

Rain rolled his eyes and mumbled to Joowon.

�Enjoying yourself huh?�

Joowon joked.

�Of course! School is great because of the beautiful girls it has! Never mind Rain! My heart will always belong to you even when my eyes are on the girls. Wahahha!�

�Shut up lah. Stop acting so gay whenever I am around.�

Joowon whined, trying to mask his amusement ineffectively, clutching his heart.

�Oh Rain! How can you say this to me when I�m soooo in love with you!!!?!?!?

Joowon was about to continue with his banter but they were effectively silenced with the teacher�s glare.

The boring Geography lesson went on with Mr. Lee�s droning on and on about volcanoes. Rain barely could bear the squeak of his teacher�s voice; it was like chalk on a blackboard. When the torturous lesson finally ended, he raised his head only to see the teacher motioning Kahi to the go outside the class.

Kahi walked out, and Mr. Lee, almost shyly, gave her a pink envelope. That almost startled a laugh out of Rain!

Mr. Lee, in a what he thought is a confident grin, said to Kahi.

�I hope you will accept this!�

Rain thought that grin looked more self-congratulatory that confident.

The idiot Kahi must have thought it was a wedding invitation by the bright smile on her face and by the manner at which she thanked him for �inviting� her. Moron!

When she returned to the classroom, Rain ran up to her and deftly plucked the pink envelope out of her hand. Without waiting to see her reaction, he tore open the letter and read out Mr. Lee�s words of love in a high falsetto that sounded remarkably like the teacher.

�Dear Kahi ya(may I call you that?),

I had wanted to tell you my truest feelings for you for a long time. But I was afraid that our love ahead would be faced with turbulence and trouble. A teacher-student romance is frowned upon by many but I really am (Rain choked) hopelessly in love for you.

My love for you is like a river! I can�t (laughed) reach for you because you are standing beyond the (snickered) watershed! I am sure, that if you could take a step forward, there will be no levees between my river of love and you!!!

So, will you accept me??? Please tell me ASAP!!!

xxxooo
Jo Kyung.�

The class erupted in laughter! Rain gazed at Kahi�s bright red face and mocked at her.

�Kahi, I knew that you were always flirty, but I didn�t know that you even managed to capture Mr. Lee�s icy cold heart! Whaha!�

He shot a smitten look at Kahi despite her murderous glower and repeated a line.

�My LOVE for you is like a RIVER!!! Please! Accept me!�

�You!!!�

Kahi shrieked. She looked like she was about to pounce on him and strangle him to death. Rain actually felt afraid and hid behind Joowon. She advanced towards him and..

Lucky him!!! Uee grabbed hold of Kahi�s arm and dragged her out of the classroom, mumbling apologies for her friend�s lack of control along the way!

Uee! My bestest best friend! Rain thought to himself, patting his still fluttering heart. What a close shave! Who knew what antics that crazy woman could come up with just to take revenge!

He remembered when he was 9 years old�

�Bi Rain!� shouted Kahi in the playground. �I bet you couldn�t carry this ten kg stone all by yourself!�

Rain was so angry that she belittled him in front of all those little children there that without thinking, he lifted up the stone. Then he proudly looked around for some applause. However, all he heard was the sniggers coming out of that Park Kahi He felt that something was up and tried to put down that stone.

But he could not!! She had put superglue there and he had to go to the hospital to remove the stone from his hands!!! His parents scolded him for his stupidity and never believed that �sweet� Kahi was responsible for such a vicious trick. Worse still, his best friend, Joowon, never let him forget about this at all by occasionally taunting him about it!

The fool did it just because she was angry that he put a frog into her locker. Really! One never knew what went on in the minds of females.

Rain sighed in relief at her departure and head for his next class with his trademark smirk on the face.