matchmakers!

A Romantic Comedy

 

Kahi stood in the packed cafeteria, looking for a seat even when she absolutely did not have to. Guys, any guy, would offer their seats, along with their soul, if she so much as asked. But she was looking for Uee, who had gone missing since they met in the morning. Hmm� Kahi rubbed her chin thoughtfully. Maybe she should go to the principal�s office to seek Uee out through the P.A. system. A mischievous smile spread across her face, that action would make Uee positively want to die. Oh Kahi, she said to herself, you are so so evil!

But, before she even made a step forward to the principal�s office, Kahi saw a thin hand waving vigorously at her. Kahi was about to blow a kiss at the hand as she thought it was a guy when she got a clearer look at who that was. Yes, it was Uee and Joowon, sitting with�

Bi Rain.

She wondered why. Although that Bi Rain was Uee�s best friend, she would not talk to him in school whenever Kahi was around. Not bothering to conceal the wary look on her face, she deliberately strolled slowly to their table.

�Hey! Looking cute today!�

Kahi waved her hand at Joowon and teased. Jowon chuckled and replied.

�Ooh� For that from a pretty lady I would willingly be called Mr. Park. Haha!�

�You want to marry me then?�
Kahi drawled, looking triumphantly at Rain�s scowl from the corner of her eyes.

�Do you want me to? I will gladly oblige. Whahaha!�

�I want my guy to sing me uh� �Love Cupid� by Twins to propose to me, will you?�

Kahi joked.

�Haha! Why do you want him to sing such a cute song?!?!�

By this time Uee was too annoyed that she was being ignored by Kahi and Joowon that she shouted.

�Hey! There are other people here you know?�

She snorted, so much for match making Rain and Kahi. Joowon was enjoying himself too much, clearly forgetting how much effort they had took to pull Rain to their table.

Kahi smiled at Uee.

�Yes? What were you going to say to me just now when you waved your hand??�

Uee chortled. Kahi almost laughed out loud, for a girl who cared about image so much, it was not difficult to see her spoil it herself.

�It is something about Orlando Bloom I think, or Brad Pitt. Whahaha!�

Kahi was baffled by her meaningless ramblings, but she could not miss how Uee looked meaningfully at the ignored and annoyed Rain, who was now looking daggers back at her.

�Hmm?? What do you mean???�

�Oh! I was just talking about how Ra� Mmmph!!�

That idiotic Rain!! He covered with his hand, refusing to let go. The heartless swine! Was this how he will repay her for being soo helpful? Huh? Huh? Watch out Bi Rain!

�Yucks! Why did you do that for?!?!?! Your saliva is all over my hand!! There�s even a smell of garlic!�

Rain wiped his hands on Uee�s clothes and glared at her. He should not have come! He should have known it was a trick! No wonder they had not yet! He cursed in his heart.

Uee just looked at him innocently. She touched her stomach and feigned pain.

�I� need to go to the toilet!�

Somehow Joowon was infected too.

�Me too! Let�s go together!�

The both of them, before he or that Kahi could say anything, rushed off like tornadoes were on their backs. Somehow, the scene seemed wretchedly familiar to him. He narrowed his eyes.

Kahi was so shocked by their sudden departure that she momentarily lost her tongue. Rain chuckled. She heard him and frowned, turning away to leave at the same time. He wanted her to stay just then, he did not know why and did not want to know why. Maybe he just wanted to sharpen his skills at talking, which was why he cried out to her.

�Not afraid of sitting with me, are you?�

Kahi glowered threateningly at the handsome devil sitting on the chair, there was a hint of challenge in his eyes, and she recognized a challenge whenever she saw one. She walked towards him, and purposely sat on the chair closest to him. Kahi looked directly into his soft brown eyes and� saw a glimmer of something� resembling� joy?

She thought she must be seeing things. That was not possible, luckily, or not, she was spared from the agony of dwelling too much on things that probably never happened, when her eyes fell on the short and squeaky Mr. Lee who was making a beeline towards her.

Rain noticed that the eye-catching Kahi was suddenly frozen like a statue, and he wondered why. He looked at the direction she was looking at and sniggered. Mr. Lee was heading their way!