Strawberry Lipstick

A Romantic Comedy

Rain really did not mean to do that. Really! It was on the spur of the moment. He rubbed the back of his neck tiredly, thinking of what had happened just now in the cafeteria. His first kiss� Rain thought dreamily. Who could have thought it would be so wonderful� Strawberry lipstick� Strawberry� His favorite flavor� Yummy!!! Wait!!! What was he thinking!!! That girl was Kahi Park!!! That evil witch! The brutal woman that liked to harm him physically!!! He should not be imagining that kiss just now was anything linked to the word wonderful! Yikes!! What should he do the next time he sees her? Would anything be the same as before??? He moaned at the thought of both of them acting uncomfortably at each other. He really should not have done that! It was such a great mistake!!!

He looked around at the people surrounding him. Some guys were giving him the evil eye. They must hate him for snagging the girl of their dreams, he thought. Hmmpf!! They should thank their lucky stars that they have neither the looks nor the guts to do it. Rain rubbed at his sore right shin. The crazy woman would injure them badly, like he was now! There was a bruise on his left arm too! She was sooo violent she should not be let lose on the school grounds where she would posed a potential risk to the students here. Rain shuddered.

Rain looked at the girls in the school; most of them were sending looks of agony at him. A girl, Gain, was even sobbing so loudly that it was impossible the whole school could not hear her. Man� She really can howl. He did not know why they did that for. Maybe their idol died recently??? But he had not heard any such news lately� Never mind! He did not really care about them that much.

Rain detoured all the way to the first floor ladies even when his class was in the third storey. His eyes never left the pink door. Okay, he admitted this little fact to himself. He was hoping to see HER. Joowon had told him just now that Uee was headed here. Since girls went to toilets in packs, he figured that SHE was there too. Probably brushing her teeth, he grinned to himself. He thought that was a stupid idea anyway. Who on earth, except on TV, actually brushes her teeth to clean a kiss off???

The door painted in revolting pink opened and out came a refreshing young woman. She looked heavenly, as always, Rain thought reluctantly. He, stood, leaning on a pillar, waiting for her to look up. When she finally did, he saw anger glittering in her eyes. Rain swallowed a gulp and almost blushed. Almost. THE Bi Rain did not do such humiliating things. He felt awkward, but she obviously did not. Kahi marched over to hum and poked him hardly on the chest.

�You! How dare you appear within my line of sight!! Have you forgotten that I do not actually want to see you??�

�You did?!?� Rain felt shocked by her outburst. But, he grinned, and that was because he smelt toothpaste in the air.

�YA!! When did you recall me saying �Oh dear Rain, pleeease always hang around me�???�

�But� but� This afternoon�� Rain stammered.

�What?!?! What afternoon?!? NOTHING happened this afternoon!!!� Kahi cried.

Yes! Rain felt relieved. Things were back to normal. No one would remind each other of anything, and they would still be two people that hate each other.

�Whatever, stop being so melodramatic, why don�t you join Drama Club instead? Maybe they will give you a role or something, a tree perhaps, or a rock???� He replied her sarcastically.

�Why don�t you join instead? The pretty girls, pardon them for their bad taste, would probably faint. For a guy LIKE you.� Kahi rolled her eyes.

�What! Jealous?!?� Rain shot. Kahi actually turned red in the face. He wondered why.

�Right, I�m jealous. Of those girls� bad taste. The world would be more peaceful place. I always advocate world peace.� Sarcasm tinged Kahi�s words�

�You advocate world peace?!?!?� Rain asked. �Then what is this?� He pointed to the purple mark on his arm. �And this???� He touched his bruise on his right shin. He would have gone on with her, but Joowon suddenly jogged to their side, with Uee following closely behind.

�Where the hell have you been?!?!? The teacher is looking furiously for you! You did not even switch on your hand phone! She had to call me to get to you. Let�s go! You can�t afford to skip, you missed her lesson so many times already.�

�Sorry� I forgot about the time.�

�Very clever, Skipping lessons just to argue with me?? You have the intelligence of a gnat, haven�t you??� Kahi crossed her arms and commented disinterestedly.

Rain looked at her and was about to continue until Joowon got exasperated. He pushed Rain in the direction of the class room and said.

�Go.�

Rain sighed and head off to the classroom where he would sure be scolded badly. This was going to be a long day.