When they first met

A Romantic Comedy

 

�Mummy! What is that?!� cried seven year-old Kahi when she saw a truck carrying furniture heading to the vacant house beside Uee�s , her best friend, mansion.

�Oh! I guess our new neighbours are moving in today. I heard that they got a little boy who is the same age as you! Aren�t you happy that you will have another playmate?�

Kahi scrunched up her pretty face.

�Yucks, I don�t want to have a boy as a friend! They are smelly!�

That day, as usual, Kahi and Uee climb over the wall to the garden behind the vacant house to play with Barbie dolls. Just as they were about to happily bring Barbie to Ken�s house for tea�

�What are you two doing in my house!?� shouted a childish voice.

Kahi and Uee turned around and saw a boy pointing a fake machine gun at them, glowering at the same time. Instead of smiling apprehensively to the little boy like she had done all those years ago, the seven-year old Kahi suddenly transformed into a glamorous eighteen-year old girl.

She then smiled viciously and advanced towards him. Just as she was about to hit the boy�s head with the Barbie doll on her hand�

.
.
.

�Ring!!!�

The alarm clock rang, indicating that it was time for school again.

�Darn! It had to ring just when I was getting to the good part!�

Kahi mumbled to herself and tried to get up from her bed.

�Heh Heh.. If I have finished the dream just now I would have crushed that Bi Rain�s head by now!�

She cackled like a witch, imagining little Rain on his knees, crying for his mummy and begging for mercy from her, Park Kahi, also known as the superwoman who would rid the world of arrogant morons!

�Wahahaha!�

Just then, Mrs Park opened the door and just managed to catch Kahi laughing like an idiot. She was taken aback and said,

�Kahi, what are you laughing at this early in the morning?!?!?�

Kahi stopped. She was extremely embarrassed and replied sheepishly.

�Nothing, Mum. Heh heh..�

 

Mrs Park nodded and exited the room after nagging Kahi to wash up quickly and go downstairs to have her breakfast.

With that she started her morning ritual of applying her cream foundation, lipstick, mascara, eye shadow and blusher. Anyone would be amazed at the amount of makeup on her dressing table and how much of it she puts on her face everyday.

When she was done with her makeup, Kahi skipped to her overflowing cupboard of clothes and picked out what she would be wearing today. Today she would be wearing an orange polo tee with a pair of low slung jeans. Not forgetting to put on her accessories, she chose a pair of dangly earrings that consists of interlinked circles and a matching necklace.

Kahi tied up her long shiny hair into a ponytail and surveyed herself on the mirror. Satisfied with her appearance, she went to her shoe cabinet and decisively picked out a pair of bright orange slippers she had just bought the day before. When she was finally done, she took her favorite tote bag, slung it over her shoulder, and left her room.

The entire time of getting prepared is more than one hour.

After eating her breakfast, which comprised a conversation that revolved round Bi Rain and her, her mother had delusional ideas that SHE and THAT RAIN were going out; she left the house annoyed and drove out of the neighbourhood with her silver sports car. 
.
.
.

Rain sat in his geography classroom groggily. It should be illegal for anyone to wake up soo early in the morning! The whole class is half-asleep even before the lesson has started.

But just then, he heard that sounds of shuffling feet and people, no, make that MANY people, standing up.

He looked up to see what exactly the commotion was about. It�s her. He groaned. He should have known. Every Thursday morning the same thing happened over and over again! How could he have forgotten?!

 

�Hi Kahi! Do you want some breakfast? I�ve bought some for you!�

�Kahi! Come sit with me!�

�Here are some flowers for you!�

�Oh my gawd! No one wears orange like you do, you look so good!�

Rain looked at the gorgeous Kahi with narrowed eyes, observing that she accepted all the gifts the guys in the classroom shoved on her hands with a wide smile on her face.

Flirting again! He said to himself. He was so revolted by the sight of guys tripping over their feet just to see her that he had to bury his face in his hands on the table to block out that sight.

The commotion only died down when he heard the squeaky voice of the Geography teacher, Mr. Lee shrilled,

�Gentlemen! Get back to your seats! IMMEDIATELY!�

When he saw that all the guys had scrambled to their seats, Mr. Lee turned to the dazzling girl beside him, unable to keep from grinning.

�Kahi�