enemies??

A Romantic Comedy

Setting: High School
�Hey Kahi!� shouted a bespectacled Brian while running eagerly to her, not noticing the puddle in front of him.

�Argh!!!!�

And yes, he slipped and fell, sprawling on the floor just in front of her. He blushed and stood up awkwardly, apologizing profusely. He was so embarrassed that he wished the hard concrete floor would just swallow him up. 
It was then when he heard an angelic voice, one that would make any male melt into that stupid puddle of water. When he finally dared to look up, he saw the face that made him and every guy, teachers, jocks and geeks alike, in the high school, turned into an idiot who could not make an intelligent conversation.

�It�s okay!� said a stylishly clad Kahi wearing a shocking pink halter neck top and a black mini skirt. 
Flashing a megawatt smile that almost blinded Brian, she asked.

�What were you trying to tell me just now???�

�Uh� Nothing, I just wanted to warn you not to step into that puddle of water.� He smiled goofily.

�Okay. Thanks anyway!� she walked away smiling confidently after touching her index and middle finger of her right hand to her glossed lips and touching them to his cheek, leaving a lovestruck Brian staring dazedly at her retreating back.

Yes, that is Park Kahi, the most popular girl in the high school. Every girl wants to be her friend and every guy thinks that she is the girl of their dreams.

Why? This is a good question; she is stunningly pretty with cute expressive eyes, intelligent, and sweet to everyone, straight-forward without being tactless and of course, rich. Her only fault is that she loves to flirt way too much.

There is one guy though, she never ever EVER have a good word to say about him. Being with him brings out her sarcastic instincts, she never ran out of words to say.

His name is Bi Rain

Who happened to be blocking her way now, with his best friend Joowon.

She winked at Joowon, who winked back, then sashayed towards Rain, a mocking smile on her beautiful face.

�Well, well, well. Look who we got here? The most popular guy in the high School, haven�t you found a new target for the day yet?�

Rain snorted derisively.

�I don�t happen to need to �find� a target, they come to me willingly with open arms, and lips of course!�
He laughed at his stupid joke, which is not that funny at all.

She stretched a plastic smile on her face.

�Really??? Rainie, how come I don�t find myself coming to you willingly with open arms and lips? Maybe I have better taste, maybe I don�t love losers that much after all?�

She feigned surprise at her �new� discovery with a raised eyebrow, covering her perfectly shaped lips with her delicate hands, not noticing the crowd of people surrounding them again. Some of them even started munching popcorn.

Looks like there is going to be a good show today!

Rain frowned. He hated people calling him Rainie, especially by the ever so haughty Kahi. He is determined to make a comeback that will humiliate her.

Yes! That�s it!

He gave her an once-over from the flawlessly styled hair to the pair of strappy high heels she wore. And smirked. Kahi was confused by his scrutiny, just when she was wondering what he was doing�

�Ya, Kahi babe. I really want you to fall in love with me..� he replied in disdain.

�Bi Rain! YOU!!!!�

Without thinking she marched over to him and stepped on his toes with her 3-inched high heels and left fuming. All that time spent glued to the TV have some use after all. Stepping on toes is definitely a good ploy to use.

�Yeow! You !�

Argh!!! Should have worn sneakers instead of slippers today! He scowled to himself, ignoring the admiring looks the girls gave him, and limped away with Joowon, who was trying his utmost to stop grinning at his best friend.

When the rest of the students realized that the show was over, they left, chatting excitedly at the latest squabble the most popular people in the school just had.

Bi Rain is the most popular guy in the school. He is a man of few words, but he is a girl-magnet with his bad-boy looks and trademark smirk. He is as rich as Kahi. The only time he speaks more than five sentences is when he is sparring verbally with his enemy, Park Kahi.

He hates her. 
Because she flirted with everyone BUT him when he is the most handsome guy in the school.(in his opinion) She EVEN flirted with Brian Joo, that geek!

She hates him for an unknown reason.

The quarrels of Rain and Kahi are always looked upon with interest by the students of the high school since they are both so popular they practically own the high school.

Surprisingly, they have a mutual best friend, Kim Uee, who is always exasperated with them because of their constant fighting.

However, even she did not know the reason why Kahi hates Rain. All she knew was that they were all very good friends until one day, Kahi and he quarreled. She never talked to him again except in that ironic tone she specially reserved for him every time she saw him.
Little did Uee realize that she herself was the reason.