he and she

A Romantic Comedy

 

�A little longer please?!?!� A girl said pleadingly to the man sitting in front of her. She flashed her most brilliant smile in his direction, she fluttered her eyelashes, but all to no avail.

�No! That is the distance you get for this amount of money, I will not go further. I will make a loss if I go further!� The balding man replied irritably.

�Just a little bit more!�

�No. No. No. Get down of my car now, miss.�

�But�� She could not believe that that man did not fall prey to her charms. Men, every man, were dazzled by her good looks. Looks like she got a crushing setdown today!

The man got really annoyed; he opened the car door, got out, walked to the back of the car, opened the door behind, folded his arms and commanded firmly.

�Get. Out.�

Kahi sighed. Finally, she got out of the car slowly, careful not to upset the soup in her plastic bag. She flinched when the middle-aged man shook his head and muttered.

�Youngsters nowadays!�

He got back into his red colored car, closed the door loudly, and zoomed away into the distance. The word �TAXI� gleamed brightly on top.

Kahi had flagged down a taxi when she finished getting over her trauma of the loss of her car. The sudden reminder of her car made Kahi could not help but feel anxious for her things in it. She had kept something precious inside and she did not want to lose it.

Kahi turned and saw the seemingly never ending route from where she was standing now to the school. She wanted to scream. Cursing the despicable thief who stole her car, she threw up her hands and resignedly headed off to her destination.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Meanwhile� Outside Park�s Mansion�

�Wahahaha! Kahi would be soooo angry! Aren�t you a genius for thinking up such an evil ploy?!?! Now, Rain and Kahi must be feeling soo romantic in the detention room!� A cute girl�s voice was heard in Kahi�s car. A guy laughed.

�Yeah! ain will say, �Kahi Babe baby, I love you so much!�� The guy imitate in a deep voice. The cute girl giggled and continued, crossing the fingers of both her hands together, in an expression as lovesick as possible.

�Oh Rain babe, I love you too!�

�Yes!! Finally, when both of them feel so lovey-dovey, they will smooch so loudly until the whole school can hear them!� The guy rubbed his hands in glee.

Yes, the car thieves of Kahi�s car were none other than her so-called friends, Joowon and Uee.

Uee said happily.

�I didn�t expect that sending that Jo kyung Lee to the cafeteria this afternoon would trigger such an urm� extreme reaction from the two! We should have done that earlier! When I met Kahi in the ladies just now, it was soooo obvious that she likes him.�

�Ya! When I innocently suggested that you were in the ladies just now, Rain joked as if he wanted to run there as soon as possible.� Joowon snorted. Rain really could not tell his lies well. Joowon saw through him as easily as he sees a stranger through the peephole of his door.

�Hey! It�s getting really cold here, let�s go to my house, I�ve got some EXCLUSIVE footages for you to watch! I filmed it just THIS afternoon! Starring Bi Rain and Park Kahi!� Uee showed a mischievous grin and motioned Joowon to move.

Joowon chuckled loudly and followed Uee to her house next door, leaving the car outside Kahi�s house.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Rain was trying to finish his work as soon as possible when he heard a sound, like somebody was walking slowly to him. But� water was dripping softly from that someone. It could not be a� gulp� ghost right? He thought to himself. Oh no! He had heard some really creepy ghost stories that happened in the school before. It�s just rumors! He said to himself hurriedly. It could not be true! Yes! There were no� swallowed� ghost around here! Yikes! If it was not that thing� Could it be� A flying cockroach?!?! Ahhh!!! He fell on the ground the second time of the day. He did not bother returning to his seat. Rain hid inside the space under his table and trembled. He covered his eyes tightly and prayed to any god he knew of, be it Jesus or the Buddha or just anything that resided in the heaven above. Help! He did not want to see anything he did not want to see! Someone come save him quick!! The sound of water drips was getting louder and louder�

The door opened slowly. Rain yelped and rolled himself into a ball. He prayed as fervently as he could. Save me!!! He thought to himself. Rain dared a peek at the door and he saw Kahi! His Kahi! He ran up to her and hugged her tightly. He felt safe for the time being� But it was before he felt wetness� Wah!!! Ghost!!!! He backed away quickly, not noticing the incredulous expression on Kahi�s face. Rain made a cross with his fingers and cried.

�You are not Kahi! You are not her!! What have you done with her?!?!?! Please don�t kill me!!! Please don�t kill me!!! Please don�t kill me!!!�

Looking at the trembling form in front of her, Kahi frowned. If she had not believed that Rain Bi was stupid before, she certainly was convinced now. And why was he shivering? If anyone should shiver, it should be her! He was not the one who was caught in the fifteen-minute drizzle just now!

�Rain Bi.� When he did not reply, Kahi got exasperated and yelled. �RAIN BI ! YOU IDIOT! HOW COULD YOU THINK I AM A GHOST! I AM SOOOO INSULTED!!�

The loud yell finally got through Rain�s thick skull and he looked up. Kahi stood arms akimbo, glaring at him. Yes! He recognised her glare! It�s her! He felt relieved. But after that, the relief he felt was replaced by embarrassment. Oh god! His reputation was really and truly ruined! Rain coughed. He decided that changing the topic was the best option. Yes, change the topic� Rain said as casually and steadily as he could to Kahi as he looked over her soaked form, bedraggled hair and running make-up.

�Did a war happen outside while I wasn�t noticing? You looked like a refugee.�

Kahi frowned and replied hesitantly.

�Nothing, my car was stolen, since the school was close, I decided to come back here to get a ride from you.� She pointed to the plastic bag she was carrying. �I bought some food along the way.� Kahi felt no need to tell him the truth. Like how she walked for almost forty-five minutes back to the school in her high heels, and how she valiantly tried to protect the food from getting wet.

�Stolen?!?!?! Have you made a police report?!?!� He asked �Never mind, you have many others anyway.�

�And the water???� He continued.

She had specially bought food for him because she thought he would be hungry. No matter what she said, he knew she cared. Rain felt touched, EVEN though he did not like her, he reminded himself hastily.

�It was raining just now. I was caught in the rain. Duh!� Kahi was getting all uncomfortable with Rain�s probing questions. Could he just shut up and eat?!?!

Rain nodded. He took over the bags from Kahi�s hands and started to open up the packet of chicken soup. It was cold, she knew, but he drank it all up ravenously anyway. He must be hungry. Kahi smiled a little smile to herself until she thought of the thing she lost along with her car. A shadow crossed over her face. Rain noticed. He thought of asking her why.

Should he or should he not?