Red Suit

Pretend Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, guys! Let’s go!” Lucas shouted excitedly. It was almost eleven in the morning, they were up late last night after Mark kicked them out, talking and goofing around. “The party’s gonna start in the evening and it’s far from the university”

“Agh, Luc, go away” Youngjae groaned, not in any mood to get up. He and Jungkook had a serious discussion after everyone went to sleep, about what happened yesterday and how things might change. Taehyung slept beside him, legs draped over him while Jungkook made his abode on the comfy couch across the room. Jaehyun and Lucas crashed into a separate room.

“He is right. Mark’s house is at least three-hour drive- not accounting for traffic or other stop-ins.” Jaehyun’s voice slipped in. Youngjae opened one eye to see the alpha standing at the door, gaze affectionately falling on Lucas. The beta was jumping around the room, whining at them to get up. Taehyung waked up from the commotion, yawning as he let the new place sink in- the place being unfamiliar.

“Hmm, you need to go back to uni and get the permission too” Jungkook mused loudly, laid on the couch. The alpha was shirtless and the blanket did nothing to hide it- not that he was trying either, the display was on purpose for the oblivious omega. Taehyung’s attention snapped to the alpha’s voice, eyes instantly going to him and the omega blushed when he realized.

“Ugh fine, I am up. Let me call hyu-”

“Ah… no need” Jaehyun interrupted, smile turning sheepish “Mark warned me to not disturb them, he will drive Jaebum home”

“Who the he think he is?” Jungkook asked calmly, anger pretty obvious despite the normal tone.

“If you wanna deal with his possessive-just-found-his-lover , be my guest” Jaehyun grinned.

“Jungkook let it be, hyung can take care of himself” Youngjae tried to appease the protective alpha, he even nudged Taehyung to do something before Jungkook loses it and actually challenges the elite. That would definitely not be a pretty sight. Especially for Jungkook.

“Y-Yeah, we should ah- go. I am sure hyung wants to be with Mark too after all that pining” Taehyung shuttered out, sitting upright on the bed. Jungkook’s anger faded out as he got distracted with the omega, thoughts of beating up Mark was replaced with everything-Taehyung. Jungkook agreed but not before glaring hard at the intruding alpha.

“Whatever” he muttered “I will get us some breakfast. We will leave after twelve”

“OKayy” Youngjae showed his thumb, beaming at him. “When will you go then?” He asked Jaehyun who probably came with Mark.

“I will tow along you guys, of course”

“ no”

“Mark’s gonna take the car I came in so I don’t have any other option”

“Public transport” Jungkook supplied, glare not diminishing at all. Lucas turned his puppy eyes towards Jungkook, he was aware Jungkook didn’t like Mark’s group and mostly because he was very protective of Jaebum, and anything that upsets the pretend alpha angers the actual alpha.

“Please, hyung” Lucas’s lips quivered, looking like a kicked puppy. Youngjae and Taehyung joined in to convince the said alpha. Cursing for the unfairness of the situation, Jungkook relented unhappily.

“Any more of this punk and-”

“Yes, yes, we won’t have to deal with him after today” Youngjae sighed, resisting the urge to facepalm. Alphas and their stupid tendencies. Not that it wasn’t cute. Sometimes.

“Considering Jaebum will be Mark’s-”

“Not helping” Youngjae hissed at him, Jaehyun bit his lips to stop the grin which will only infuriate Jungkook. He zipped his lips and silently took a seat on the couch Jungkook was sleeping on. With one last daggering look, Jungkook left to get them some food.

“Hyuuung!” Lucas turned to Jaehyun with admonishment “That was bad”

“Sorry, pup” Jaehyun gave a charming smile, pulling Lucas in his lap. The beta blushed at the sudden action, turning red under the gazes of the audience. Youngjae muttered something about being the only single person in the group while Taehyung had heart eyes directed towards the couple.

 

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

 

 

“Agh… my body hurts” Jaebum groaned, opening his eyes slowly, trying to adjust his vision. He didn’t remember the place he just waked up in, the suite’s walls were cream-

Oh.

Right.

Last night.

He covered his face with both hands in embarrassment, feeling his cheeks heating up. He looked at his side, it was empty but it was still warm, mint scent seeping into the sheets. It was one hell of a night, Jaebum couldn’t help but smile, how right it felt, how good it was. He rustled around the bed but the sudden sting from his neck stopped him in confusion. Sting? He touched the side of his neck where Mark bit the night before, it was still there… shouldn’t it be healed by now? Since the bite becomes permanent when mating in heat- and sure, his heat was close but there was still some time. Maybe his healing has slowed down because of pills? It wasn’t in the side effects but… maybe? He will talk to his Doctor about it later. He got up from the bed, peeking inside his blanket- ookay, he was . Before he could move around to find his clothes, the door opened, revealing Mark and a bunch of paper bags in his hand.

“Morning” Mark smiled at him, eyes unbearably filled with adoration, Jaebum looked away to hide his own curled lips. “You must be hungry?” He smirked. Jaebum glared at the alpha’s cheekiness but the effect dampened as his face flushed.

Well, he was famished.

“I am” Jaebum grumbled, pouting unconsciously. Mark strides to him suddenly, bags falling on the table, taking his face in his rough hands, and kissed the omega with vigor. Jaebum whimpered into the kiss, eyes closing on their own as Mark into his mouth. The force of the kiss almost pushed Jaebum on his back on the bed. Mark’s hand slide across his face, palm pressed on his cheeks with light pressure while the other hand lingered over his waist, and then greedily cupping his . Jaebum couldn’t help the moan leaving his lips, body still sensitive from last night. The blankets wrapped around his frame fell to the side, his body littered with countless hickeys, Mark sneakily pressing one of the lovebites placed just above his hips.

“So… breakfast” Mark said after pulling away, grinning at him. Jaebum blinked, mind still trying to catch up on the devouring kiss that just happened while he himself was trying to catch his breath. Mark was in three-fourth, hoodie’s zipper open, showing off his well-toned abs which were surprisingly tan. He touched them yester-

Do not think about last night.

 

“You are so beautiful, my omega” Mark murmurs in his ears, peppering soft kisses on his jaws, neck, and his hand traveling down, touching him with mischief. “May I?” The alpha asks, like a gentleman he is as his hand lingers over the elastic band, Jaebum nods, embarrassed but so desperately aroused. It was his first time, and Mark was aware and weirdly pleased about the fact. His hands fell awkwardly to the side, unsure where to keep it in this situation. Mark chuckled as if he knew what was going on inside his head.

“Keep it on my shoulder, love” The endearment did something to his heart, his omega inside felt so serene, so controlled, so grounded. Jaebum slowly, shyly, did as he was told. Something in his mind bugged about how Mark might be so experienced than him, may have had omegas way better than him. “Oh hush” Mark booped his nose “no one compares to you”-

 

“Jaebum?”

“A-a-ah umm w-what?” Jaebum felt so flustered, face heating up when Mark smirked at him, the alpha somehow reads him too easily. He gripped the blanket, wrapping it around him tightly, trying to cover himself seeing he was the only one still in a state of undress. The warmth of Mark’s hand didn’t leave, as if the ghost of it remained behind, his body already reacting.

“I brought strawberry milk and chicken wrap. Oh, there’s some fries and burgers too. And the snacks if you want.”

“You bought so much” Jaebum spoke after getting over the embarrassment “Youngjae and Jungkook will wolf it down”

“It’s only for you,” Mark said with a low growl, Jaebum was taken aback by the unexpected hostility.

Providing for mate.

But- but that only happens with newly mated pairs. They may have done the deed but they still needed to talk about their future. And the deed counts only in heat for mating. Maybe he is reading too much into it. But he has observed Mark for almost two years, no he wasn’t a stalker, the alpha had barely a few outbursts- and that’s counting the recent hospital incident. So when Mark gets even slightly angry, he knows something is not right.

“O-Oh thank you, Mark,” Jaebum said, a small smile on his face. Mark brought a table beside the bed and started laying out the food. It was a lot. Jaebum wondered if they could even finish this with everyone included. “Where is everyone?” He asked curiously. By now, he would already have arms full of betas and omega.

“Well… it’s twelve-thirty now so they have probably left”

“Huh? Why!?” Jaebum panicked, why would they leave him suddenly? The bitter feeling started crawling up but he pushed it down. He mustn’t overthink.

Wait- why was he reacting so much?

“Hey, uh- they didn’t do on purpose. I- I wanted to drive you home” Mark replied, not meeting his eyes as he sat opposite to him on a chair, staring down at his food. Jaebum took a little time to process this information.

Courting.

Mark seemed, again, out of his element, not the calm and collected alpha he knew. Jaebum smiled, heart warming at the action, he couldn’t reprimand the alpha for taking the decision on his own when he looked so unsure, and cute.

“Alright, alright. I am not mad” Jaebum said gently. Mark looked up, wide-eyed, and then his lips thinned in straight line broke out in a huge smile and Jaebum forgot any reason to complain.

“Your favorites” Mark grinned, handing him strawberry milk and fried chicken. Jaebum eyed him suspiciously, how did the alpha know? He was sure they haven’t yet talked about their likes and dislikes (sadly). Oh-

“Youngjae?” He asked, exasperated, the previous sour feeling coming back even though Mark only talked to the beta for him. He felt silly for feeling this way. Usually, he had more control over his all-things-omega. He doesn’t harbor any ill thoughts towards Youngjae, obviously, but he does envy Youngjae’s easy relation with Mark. They have spoken so less in all two years- even less than how much Youngjae and Mark communicates on weekly basis.

“Jaebum… you don’t like it when I talk to Youngjae?” Before Jaebum can shutter out a loud no, he noticed a smug smile on Mark’s face… so the alpha is teasing him?

“It's- it's not- that… I-”

“It’s okay, I dislike Jungkook too,” Mark said innocently as he started digging in. Jaebum watched him in disbelief, Mark was really something.

“N-No, I- it’s good that you’re good friends with Jae… it’s not that I don’t like it… its just… ienvyyourrelationshipwithhim”

“I want to tease you by making you repeat it… but I will be easy on you for a while” He winked and Jaebum wondered how many times has he blushed just in these few minutes!? “I suppose I can understand what you mean. It isn’t a pleasant feeling when I realize how much distance there is between you and me. And that another person, especially an alpha is more important to you than me. It is surely weird, and selfish to have this need to be the most important for you despite not knowing each other enough. I want to close this gap between us desperately and immediately. I am not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter