Invitation

Pretend Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum was a pretend alpha. It wasn’t his fault that his stature made him looked more like an alpha than an omega. So as he grew and people misunderstood him as the big bad wolf, who was he to deny? It was more of salvation to be excluded from the omega’s category.

Of course, that meant he couldn’t sleep with anyone, alpha was out of option, betas were good but once, a mishap occurred and Jaebum couldn’t risk losing his title again. He had made out with some omegas but he never took it to another level, omegas during , craved knots and he didn’t have one so there goes the last option. So he decided, instead of caring about things that had no solution, he should work on solidifying his security.

His built body gave a perfect illusion but just the image was not enough. He needed to be just as strong, especially if he wanted to rescue the omegas harassed by alphas. He trained six to seven hours daily, learned a different kind of fighting styles, and skills to suppress his desires if any alpha came too close to affecting. Finally, his efforts paid off and his scholarship passed through, allowing his entry in the most prestigious Red Moon University. It was in the city, where Jaebum was a part of a small village. But according to the people around, there wasn’t any bullying- at least not in public. If someone reported those terrible acts, actions were taken against them. His family felt okay with sending him away, even if he was pretending to be an alpha, nothing stays hidden, so his mother was glad that the place wasn’t partial. Also, the city was okay with packless wolves.

Having a pack, belonging to a pack was the most important part of their life. Being without a pack was dangerous and they become an easy prey. Despite, their world evolving, getting modernized, they still had the instinct of the wolves. So, savageness and fury were in their veins. But they were allowed to choose their own pack or make their own. They can either stay with their family's pack or join someone else's they could bond with. As the werewolves adapted, some rules were made but they are implemented and followed in the cities only, leaving small villages like their unprotected and uncivilized.

Ims were a part of a pack before they were attacked. The Head alpha died and the pack scattered, broken. They escaped from the forest, after years of struggle they were finally able to settle in the isolated village known as Blue Lake. But they didn't belong to any pack, more like a part of the werewolf community. A pack needed a very strong alpha and to make the bond, absolute trust and relation was needed. It was permanent. Once they bond, they can't leave the pack unless they mate with a member of the other pack or the Head alpha dies. Their offsprings are not bonded with permanence but they are just as much the part of the pack. But young ones are given the choice to choose their own bonds and wolves. More often not, scattered packs do not join again.

 

 

 

 

 

Jaebum wanted to start anew, his status being alpha without a doubt and no one around knew anything about his real self. He needed to graduate without getting in the notice, get his degree, and start helping his mother in maintaining her small school. 

Well, at least it was supposed to be that simple.

 

 

His first year went with little to no issue, he had to maintain his grade so that made him noticeable but his aloof attitude and straightforward behavior send away anyone who wanted to approach him. It got a little lonely, but if he needed to keep his secret, it was better not to risk it. Halfway through the first year, a beta, Choi Youngjae befriended him, unaffected by his cold character. That was around the time his eyes caught an alpha he couldn’t resist staring.

Mark Tuan.

Nothing happened the first year, he was still an uninterested ice alpha who nobody talked to. He only looked at the elite alpha from far, when his omega gets unnaturally wild, whispering the alpha’s name he tried so hard to forget.

 

 

And so came the second year, with it, Youngjae found out about his irritating crush. He was confused, why would an alpha like Jaebum be even interested in any alpha. It didn’t make any sense to him- until he saw scent blockers, concealers, and heat suppressants under the bed, hidden away securely. Youngjae and he had a big talk, for hours, and Youngjae understood. He supported him and made sure Jaebum didn’t do anything stupid that might expose him. Jaebum was grateful for the beta, it was much easier to go on as an alpha with a friend who knew his weakness and helped him protect it.

He told Youngjae he swore he wouldn’t involve himself with anyone, and he is intent on keeping that promise, even if he stares at every interval of a few minutes, it wasn’t his fault. But Youngjae, the annoying brat, he brought the man’s phone number, his line id, and his dorm address.

“I didn’t ask for it, Youngjae” he glared at the beta who was grinning proudly.

“Oh shut up. Why don’t you message him?”

“What part of no involvement do you not understand!?” he asked in frustration, it’s not as if he didn’t want to, but he knew he couldn’t. And why would an extremely rich and way out of his league alpha be even interested in an omega like him? Nah, it was too impossible. Only idiots or- well beautiful omegas can dream of such fantasy.

“That was before I knew about you!” Youngjae reminded him cheerfully “Now that you are a you know who, we stand a chance!”

“W-what? We? The hell is we?”

“You and me! We are getting you an alpha”

“Huh!?” Youngjae dragged him across the hall, making his way to their stadium where many sports take place. Today was the day for Mark’s group to play football. Jaebum wasn’t aware but that just makes it easy for Youngjae. He is taking them early so they can settle down and Jaebum doesn’t run away at the sight of the alpha.

“Slow down, why do you even wanna see it? Last time I checked you weren’t interested”

“People change, Jae-ah” he grinned, excited. Jaebum shook his head and let the beta pull him through the crowd. They didn’t even reach the stadium yet and the passage was already too full. The hell is today? In his thoughts, he didn’t realize Youngjae has let go of his hand and the beta is nowhere in sight.

Damn it.

“Agh. Why did I even come here- ah!” before he could finish talking to himself, he collided with someone and fell face-first on the ground, fortunately, he met- albeit a bit harshly- a body instead of the floor. He heard a growl below him and he froze. , an alpha won’t let him off the hook without fighting. He hurriedly tried to get up but his knees grazed the rocky ground and the sudden movement pained him more than he expected. He groaned in pain, stopping halfway.

“Take it easy” the growly voice tamed, turning into something very familiar- no way. He unconsciously slid away, slowly raising his head to meet the owner of the voice. “This isn’t an appropriate first meet but name’s Mark”

“A-ah… Jaebum” he cleared his throat, hoping and praying desperately his skin heating up won’t result in a visible blush. His hands clenched, nervous, and embarrassed- this was the worst way to meet the alpha he was pining for! Damn it!

“Not that I mind but I need to go or the audience will be mad if I don’t show up for the match,” The alpha said, smirking at him. That’s when Jaebum realized their position- h-he was- he was sitting on the alpha’s crotch. There was no way the blush was hidden, not if he felt so embarrassed. He quickly moved his hands that were holding tightly the end of Mark’s jersey.

Wantalpha'sclothe. His omega unhelpfully supplied.

“Shi- I am sorry! Ah- I didn’t mean to-” He stopped midway, the pain hitting him again, the wounds might actually be deep if they were being this persistent. Mark noticed and helped him get up, despite Jaebum’s half-hearted protest.

“It’s fine. I think you need to get it cleaned, don’t wanna risk any infection, y’know?” The easy laidback way of his tone soothed Jaebum, and he could finally give a small smile to the alpha.

“Y-yeah, definitely.” He assured him, his heart thudding wildly, he needed to get out of here. Jaebum was planning his escape but Mark wouldn’t let him.

“Wait, come with me. I have a few minutes to spare” he took Jaebum’s hand and guided him to the nearest bench. Students around were peeking at them, all attention was drawn towards the alpha and Jaebum wanted to disappear. Youngjae will be murdered, he swears. Mark got his handkerchief from the pocket and cleaned the blood from the wound, the bleeding stopped. He knew a pointy rock has speared his knees and he might need to go to a doctor but alphas had the capability to heal quickly, so he bit on the pain and let the alpha do whatever he was doing. Mark applied the cream on it and pressed a bandaid on his injury. “There, all set. You should watch my match though- but if you wanna leave that’s okay too” He was giving him puppy eyes- not that he could deny the alpha but why would he ask him? It was weird but Jaebum wouldn’t avoid the opportunity.

“Sure…” he hesitantly agreed. As the alpha steered away, disappearing at the turn of the gate, Jaebum realized what actually just happened. And he panicked.

Did he just got invited by Mark Tuan?

He wanted to run away so bad but he couldn’t- he knew the reason why but he wasn’t sure why was his body reacting so intensely at the thought of leaving the alpha. He shrugged off, chalking it up to weird omega tendencies. If he has to sit through the match, he’d better find Youngjae, he is positive he won’t be able to manage on his own- not with his omega acting like crazy for some reason.

 

 

 

 

He finally met up with the beta, Youngjae has saved them a seat, front row seat. Jaebum sighed, giving up any attempt to flee or reason with both his omega and the idiot of a beta.

“Did you hurt yourself?” Youngjae frowned, inspecting the huge band-aid on hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter