Unusual Pack

Pretend Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: 3.5k words... ehhh xD I hope you enjoy it! I have seen people writing 15-40k words idk how they do it- for me, it takes so long to even write 3-4k words haha. This story was honestly supposed to be like 1-2 chp long- seriously, I donno why I always end up extending the plot *facepalms* (Also, there's mention of Lucas from NCT- he is a beta and hangs out with Jaebum, I wrote a one-shot of their interaction but it is on my AO3 account)

 

 

'

“What exactly happened, Jaebum-ssi?” The doctor of the infirmary asked, suspicious, and eying him furiously.

“I have told you, he came when I was in the library because my friend, Choi Youngjae, the beta told him I would be there. He wanted to talk to me about something- alpha training?” He mumbled quickly because that’s what they were talking about, Mark helping him during the full moon-

“Oh, Mark wants to recruit you for the Alpha boot camp?” She replied, contemplating something in her mind. Jaebum was shocked, he shot the arrow in the air but it got stuck in the bullseye- damn it.

“Uh- we didn’t really get to that conclusion, he was walking with me, from the campus to the dorm and we were talking other stuff, then suddenly in the shelter area, he was sniffing something and kinda fell on me. I have no idea what could have happened. There weren’t any alphas around us either. Or uh- omegas” He gulped. Throughout the whole ordeal, Jaebum was sure he would start sweating profusely but it was a miracle he didn’t. He can’t out himself, not now, there’s only one year left and he will be leaving anyway- he just hopes Mark wasn’t affected because of him.

“Well, I suppose we will get more clarity of this story when Mark wakes up” She pointedly looked at him. She had no faith in him- and she was right in doing so, he sighed internally. Since they were both ‘alphas’, it's obvious she is doubtful, more importantly, it was the elite alpha who fainted- and that was no light matter. He prayed to the moon, he seriously didn’t want any trouble, why was the deity not listening!?

 

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

 

 

“Hey, hyung! Are you okay?” Youngjae instantly yelled for him, running towards him worriedly. Jaebum gave him a small smile. Taehyung was right behind him, also with a look of concern.

“Yeah, I am okay, Jae” Jaebum chuckled or tried to keep the situation light.

“You didn’t return home last night! Do you know how worried I was? I specifically sent Mark-hyung so you would be safe while returning. You didn’t even contact me! I came to know from Lucas that Mark hyung was in the infirmary and you were too”

“I know- I am so sorry- I was in a panicking state too, I- my mind was not working clearly” Jaebum sheepishly replied, it warmed his heart, having people who were so worried on his behalf. Taehyung was pouting when he turned to him.

“I was very worried too, hyung…” He said in a small voice, eyes slightly glassy. Jaebum pulled him in a hug, soothingly caressing his back.

“Hey, hey, I am here, right? I didn’t mean to worry you, okay?” Taehyung sniffled, nodding at his words but he remained in his arms. Jaebum felt relaxed too, comforting with the pack is always the best-

Wait.

Did he just- did he- pack!?

He shook his head, it was no time for these stupid s. He took a deep breath, his anatomy was more of a hassle than its worth.

“What exactly happened, hyung?” it was the same question, but this time Jaebum couldn’t bring himself to lie. He smiled tightly before he beckoned them to follow him.

“Let’s go to our dorm and talk” Youngjae nodded, it was something important. Taehyung didn’t care, he just wanted to be near Jaebum for now.

 

 

 

They finally arrived at his room, he shut the door and even closed the window, paranoid. Both of the younger men were staring at him expectantly, sitting on the floor. Jaebum settled in front of them, biting his lips.

“Mark… uh… he realized that I am not like him, he was asking me that he could help contain the alpha during the full moon and I tried to deny politely, but it was obvious-” Youngjae snorted, Jaebum glared at him before continuing “So he kinda backed me up in the shelter area, asking me who I was- really am- and… he was growling at me, I almost submitted but then he collapsed on me.”

“Wow… but..-”

“My heat is nearing” Youngjae stared at him in horror, jaw dropped. Taehyung finally registered the words- his eyes widening in realization.

“Y-y-y-you are an- an- o-omega!?”

“Shhh!” Youngjae and Jaebum, both shushed him.

“That’s why you smelled different!” Jaebum raised his brow in confusion. “You do not smell like- like- power and rage, you smell like home”

“U-uh-”

“L-like… pack…”

“Woah, woah, back up. Pack?” Youngjae asked, surprised at the revelation. Taehyung nodded solemnly, there were flickering expressions on his face- confusionhappycontent.

“As an omega, our relation with our family pack is breakable, because most of the time, omegas are supposed to go to another pack. And- my relation is brittle with them, my family is very traditional and they don’t think omega should be educated more than the bare minimum- and I hated it. I ran away- long story short I was able to hop on scholarship with some help and my bond with my previous pack is… yeah, brittle. When I met you, Jaebum-hyung, I felt warm- like never before- and uh- I could never pinpoint your scent, but now it just suddenly fell into place.” That was the longest Taehyung had talked in these months, they were glad the omegas bubbly personality was coming to the surface. They stayed silent for a while, letting everything sink in- before Youngjae asked the million-dollar question.

“But… pack needs an alpha, right?”

“They do” Taehyung affirmed, but Jaebum stayed quiet. After a beat or too long, Youngjae poked at the pretend alpha, asking him if he is okay.

“Uh… yeah. Umm- I had- I felt the instinct- of Taehyung being my pack when he hugged me… okay this is getting weird huh-”

“And Mark fainted on you- and he realized you’re not an alpha. This is awesome, huh?”

“Shut up, Youngjae, I just hope he is okay- and hopefully doesn’t out me,” He said, tiredly. The pretending alpha business was really taking a toll on him but it’s not like he can complain. And well, he might… might have a pack now, that thought made his omega immensely happy. Taehyung was jittery as if he wanted to ask something, or say or-

“A-am I- am I your-” Jaebum pulled him in a hug, for the second time today, scenting him with comfort. Taehyung wrapped his hands around his waist, face buried in his neck as he sighed in content, finally felt like coming home.

“You’re my pack, Tae” Jaebum assured, peppered a small kiss on his cheek as the omega snuggled, hugging him more tightly.

“Then I too” Youngjae suddenly decided, startling the pretend alpha.

“Are you sure, Jae? It’s not a-”

“I want to be in your pack- alpha or no alpha” He grinned softly, eye twinkling with mischief “Lucas wouldn’t mind it either, he loves you too”

“But he- Jaehyun said that he would become his pack”

“They would mate after the graduation, we can whisk away Lucas now, we have one more year” He laughed, infectious and Jaebum chuckled too. “And…. There’s a chance we all merge with Mark’s pack” Youngjae stuck his tongue out, childishly. Jaebum groaned, because the imagination felt too good and he was trying his best not to even hope, think about it.

“Ugh shut up” Jaebum grumbled, his arms still full of goofball omega “we can commit the mark after the finals” Taehyung and Youngjae agreed, in two weeks their second year (and Tae’s first) will be over and they will have a break. It will be a good time to make the pack bond and get used to the feeling. “We should look into this, uh weird pack forming instinct-”

“Yes, but after we bond, hyung,” Youngjae said.

“Of course, I wouldn’t wanna be denied if I can have this” Jaebum smiled warmly. Then he took in their wide eyes and realized he was relea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter