Everything

Pretend Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sit” Mark ordered, obvious fury raging in his eyes but his voice was calm. It was frightening. Jaebum shut his short-tempered mouth and sat down on the couch without a word. Mark dragged him to the opposite area of the supposed hotel their group was staying in. This place was much quiet and isolated than the rest, making him wonder why Jungkook didn’t choose this one and why is Mark even here.

They sat in silence, Mark unrelenting gaze burning holes in him, Jaebum’s heart was thudding loud- everything he feared, he hoped, he wanted, he wished, they were all crashing down in this one moment. He knew it wouldn’t take long before his suppressants wear out completely, before the vaguely comforting scent of the elite alpha become vivid, before his own scent becomes slither out for the world to see.

“M-Mark… I- I-” What? What is he supposed to say? I am sorry? It’s not like he wanted to deceive people, it’s not like he had much of a choice, it’s not like… anything he says will bring Mark to him. He sighed, head turning away from Mark to the window, the moon was high and Jaebum could feel the hum of nature. Weirdly, he has never heard it so clearly before.

“You’re an omega?” Mark asked, void. Jaebum looked up confused, why was he asking when he knew for sure he was one. Then it clicked, Mark was giving him an alternative, he was giving him a choice- to stay the pretending alpha or come out as an omega. Why? Why was he being so thoughtful? Why was the alpha not demanding answers? Why was he letting Jaebum be? He wished Mark force it out of him because he doesn’t know he has that much courage to confess.

Another minute of silence passed, and Mark straightened as if he got the answer. Mark nodded towards Jaebum and made a move to leave the hotel room. Jaebum panicked. He doesn’t want Mark to leave, Mark can’t leave, his omega started acting up again.

 

“W-why…” His broken voice whispered and Mark stopped in his track, almost out of the door. He looked back at Jaebum, an expression of confusion, understanding, and hurt written all over his face. Jaebum gulped, at the loss of words, he has never seen Mark so open before.

“Why what?”

“Why aren’t you… angry?”

“I don’t have the right to be” Mark replied softly, eyes resigned and yet conflicted. Jaebum didn’t understand.

“Huh?”

“Who am I, Jaebum? Who am I to be angry at you?” Jaebum opened his mouth to reply but no words came out. Mark smiled, uncharacteristically sad.

Jaebum didn’t understand.

“I don’t even have the right to your secret” Jungkook was wrong to assume Mark would do anything if finds out, huh. The alpha was ready to pretend for his sake, ready to do Jaebum’s bidding without any question asked. Jaebum slumped, shaking his head, trying to fight the overwhelming love he was feeling for this alpha right now. This wasn’t what he expected when he thought his secret was out. Mark was lying, he was angry, oh he was so angry but nothing showed on his face.

“Y-You have.” Mark tilted his head in question, a brow raising and Jaebum reprimanded himself for thinking how hot that was in this situation. “You have the right” He answered quietly, biting his lips as his cheeks started blushing without his permission.

“Do I? truly?” Jaebum nodded immediately, then he thought he should have made a show of considering at least. Mark tsked before the anger bled out from his eyes and finally settled on his face.

“What were you thinking!?” Mark growled, Jaebum was taken aback at the sudden change of pace, eyes widened at the outburst.

“W-w-”

“Have you lost your mind? Not only are you committing a crime, but you were also almost claimed! How could you be so careless?” Mark gritted his teeth, angry pheromones releasing like a volcano, making him whimper. “Y-You- . I- I knew something was different about you- . You- you scared me so bad, Jaebum, when I saw him nearly biting your neck- oh I-” He took a deep breath, but nothing could hide the wilderness in his eyes, dark and consuming, Jaebum shifted further back on the couch. He didn’t know why Mark was this angry- as if- as if...

 

Jaebum didn’t understand.

 

“I was careful” Jaebum murmured, eyes cast down “the water weakened my-”

“No” Mark snarled, eyes bleeding red once again. His pheromones spreading wildly and the wind rustled, heavy and ferocious. Jaebum realized Mark was affecting the weather.

“Mark-” but he was too far to reach “Alpha, listen, please” He begged desperately. Mark blinked, his eyes going back to brown.

“What did you…” Jaebum felt uncomfortable at the incredulity Mark was displaying “Did you stop-” A realization dawned, oh. “Nevermind” His tone commanding, Jaebum wanted to protest but his omega wouldn’t let him disobey.

“What did you mean by no?” Mark sighed, breathing in and out to calm himself before he took a seat far from him. After few minutes went by, Mark answered.

“Despite knowing, I was never able to consider you an alpha. Your secret would have been out as your scent started settling in the university. Elite can sniff out the real nature, they are connected with wolves just as deeply as they are connected to nature. If I had been hanging out with you as much as your group, I would have known in a week or two. You’re an idiot. How did you survive for so long?”

“Hey!” Jaebum was offended at the insult “I am not. I stayed clear of any elite space, steered away from people with my cold shoulder, took my suppressant like a supply of oxygen, and made sure the meds didn’t affect my health by working hard for my body. It’s not easy, pretending, I have been on guard every minute of my life… except these few days.”

“Pack made you happy, made you want to be an omega”

“Yes,” Jaebum said simply, it was the truth “When- when did you know?”

“I had my doubts from the start but our… talk in the hospital confirmed it.”

“What- what do you mean?”

“Did you not wonder? I asked who was the alpha of your pack, Jaebum, instead of asking who was your omega. You were the supposed alpha if it’s your pack… weren’t you supposed to be its leader? Then why Jeon? You should have been angry at me for disregarding your claim and assuming it was Jeon’s. You weren’t territorial. At all.” the alpha’s unhappy tone didn’t get past his notice when he talked about Jungkook.

“Oh” Jaebum didn’t even think. “But… but you were…”

“I was”

“Why?”

“Because that’s when I realized I wanted you in my pack” Mark said depreciatingly as if he was disappointed in himself. Jaebum stared at him in shock, unable to comprehend whatever that was happening. He had a barrage of words but his throat felt like sandpaper, his mind blank as if shutting down.

“Mark… I-”

“It’s okay. I know.” Mark breathed- the small sad smile back on his face and Jaebum instantly disliked that smile. “You- You’ve chosen Jeon as the alpha… of your… uhm pack. I won’t get in between so don’t worry.”

“N-No, I-”

“You need to be careful, a lot more. If the uni finds out it will be a disaster. I won’t say anything, okay?” Mark got up, moving to the door and Jaebum snapped back to reality where Mark was leaving. After basically confessing. Jaebum moved before even thinking, hand reaching for Mark who was startled to halt.

“Alpha”

“W- Jaebum-”

“No. You listen now” Before Mark can reply, Jaebum grabbed his wrist and pulled him back into the room, forced him to sit on the couch he was on, then he plopped beside him. “I- I am an omega. And, I do have… an unusual pack… but Jungkook is not the alpha of the pack”

“…okay?” Mark was puzzled, obviously. Jaebum took a deep breath, it was time to come clean. He was nervous, heartbeat picking up, Mark noticed the change, concerned eyes glancing at him.

“And, I l-like you. A lot.”

“Oh” Jaebum chanced a glimpse at the alpha, wanting to see his reaction. The alpha’s eyes were gleaming red. Jaebum gulped at the possessive pheromones engulfing him, Mark’s fang bruising his own lips. “Sorry” Mark apologized, sheepish, again the sudden change took Jae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter