Truth

Pretend Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the incident, Jaebum was more careful about confronting the elite alpha. And also a little disappointed when Mark never came to him again or texted him. It was for the better anyway, he tries to assure himself. The finals are here and he has no time to waste thinking about things that are far satisfying in fantasies.

Or so he thought.

“Jaebum-hyung,” Youngjae called out for the umpteenth time. They were in the library, Jaebum was supposed to tutor the beta and also revise the syllabus. He was done with it but revision is always good for brushing up on his knowledge. Unfortunately, his focus was not entirely on the studies.

“H-huh?”

“If you miss him so much just go and talk to him. It’s been a week of blanking out in the middle of our sessions… and you know how badly I need it, the scholarship for singing won’t be given to me if I don’t score well.”

“I-I am not m-missing anyone!” Jaebum blushed, denying the claim even if it was an obvious lie. After Jungkook’s ruthless warning and cautious words, he knew he couldn’t afford to lose his identity, not right now. In just a year, he will be able to graduate and he doesn’t want to put a damper on it. “And you will pass” he grumbled.

“I think if he knew your you-know-who secret, it would only bring you two closer… elite alpha would rather want an omega than an alpha… just saying” He grinned and dashed out before Jaebum could throw a book at him (his own, not library’s).

Sighing, he went back to his notes, trying to run through it again. It was getting hard to concentrate he had to admit. His omega was restless and his heat was near. Because of the bad side effects, the doctors and his parents forbade him to use it. His heats are irregular, coming once every three or four months, and it’s painful every time. He realized it wasn’t so bad before he took heat blockers continuously. The effects could make his omega infertile and his mom was adamant in having at least one grandchildren- even if after she died, it was a weird condition but hey, what can be done? His family is a bunch of weirdos mixed together.

His vision blurred suddenly and a spike of pain shot through his body. It couldn’t- couldn’t be the time- no. There was still a week left! The sensation stopped and he took a deep breath. Whoosh, that was close.

It was past six and almost everyone cleaned out of the library. The annoying beta wasn’t back yet and probably won’t be coming now either. He sighed, not only he didn’t tutor Youngjae, he also couldn’t revise his notes.

A total unproductive day. And, why?

Mark his omega supplied unhelpfully.

“Jaebum?” the librarian, Hyori called out his name “You’re gonna be here till late?” She asked. She had her bag and coat, looking ready to leave.

“Yeah, noona. Maybe an hour more?”

“Alright, the guards are there outside, as usual, just don’t be reckless tomorrow’s the full moon and things can get sketchy. Go home early today, hmm?”

“Roger that” He smiled. She nodded at him and left the place. He was hoping to maybe get his head out of these dumb thoughts and get a head start on Physics- but that seems unlikely now. He sighed, banging his head on the table. He was frustrated, his omega wanted to build a nest, his heat was nearing and finals were in less than two weeks.

Will he be able to survive? Nothing like this has happened before, his life was not good but at least his mind wasn’t a mess, at least his omega stayed dormant most of the time. But now? As if a switch was triggered and all he could think was about his needs, his desire, his instinct, his alpha-

Damn it, not his.

“The smell of sadness is palpable” The deep voice! Jaebum watched him, wide-eyed, startled and embarrassed as if frozen.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter