And then there were three

Voice

 

Yonghwa finally left his little haven expecting to find a frail girl at his door. But there was no one to plead for forgiveness. Passing by her open door he found her asleep as to be expected. Ji Won was knocked out right next to her. Both must be exhausted from all they’ve been through.

Jungshin slept on the couch. He enjoyed an earful of questions from Minhyuk and Jonghyun last night.

Last night…

“What the is wrong with you?” Jonghyun smacked the back of Jungshin’s head the way Ae Cha did.

“Hyung! I saw everything! Shinhye is off limits!” Minhyuk yelled.

“You can’t pick another girl when you feel like it! This time it’s different!” Jonghyun yelled.

“What do you have to say for yourself?” Minhyuk yelled.

“Guys! Listen to that,” Ji Won shut the two of them up.

“I don’t hear anything,” Jonghyun stated.

“Exactly I’m worried about Shinhye,” Ji Won stormed into the mansion finding her best friend in front of Yonghwa’s bedroom door. She never thought she’d see her friend in so much pain again. Screaming and pounding on the white mahogany barrier.

“Yonghwa!” Shinhye pounded repeated. She didn’t stop jiggling the doorknob, her wrists shook crazily.

“Shinhyessi!” Ji Won tried to pry her away from the door. But she just wouldn’t listen. Ji Won knew her friend; there was no way she could get her to leave that spot until she tired herself out. Jungshin watched from afar seeing the pain he caused her. He stepped forward to help her but Minhyuk pulled him back.

Jonghyun and Minhyuk interrogated him outside the mansion. “Listen to me well hyung you can’t just pick your friend’s girlfriend to add to your collection!” Minhyuk gripped his collar the same way Yonghwa did.

“What, are you going to beat me up too?” Jungshin asked.

“Yah stop this fighting!” Jonghyun broke the two up.

“I didn’t even get the chance to kick his yet!” Minhyuk showed a side to him that he never thought he’d reveal.

“Yah Minhyuk calm down! This is his problem!” Jonghyun stayed in between the two.

“You don’t backstab your friend hyung! You don’t steal your friend’s girlfriend like that!” Minhyuk continued to yell.

“I didn’t do a damn thing!” Jungshin defended.

“Didn’t do a damn thing? You were putting the moves on my best friend!” Ji Won stepped into the conversation.

“Explain that please. We all saw what you were about to do,” Jonghyun stayed sane for the sake of everyone.

“I-look I don’t know,” Jung shin wasn’t able to admit his actions. It was hard to confess and come clean. He knew it was wrong to feel this way. Even knowing that everyone was against it was hard. He was against it himself. They all waited for a clear answer from him. For Jungshin looked ready to explode for the first time.

“Damn it hyung just tell us you knew what you were doing! You like her! And you know it!” Minhyuk pushed him.

“Yes I like her okay! how could you not? I ing like her! Maybe I even love her! And look I know it’s wrong of me to. But I couldn’t help myself.” He finally came clean. Everyone stared at who they thought they knew.

“Well stop it because you’re tearing this band apart,” Minhyuk stated.

“Maybe this band was already falling apart,” Jungshin replied.

“What the are you saying? That you don’t want to be a part of us anymore?” Jonghyun asked.

“Maybe I am. Look I’m sorry for what I feel. But I can’t stop the way I feel. I’ll make things right again. Maybe I can talk to Shinhye-“

“Are you nuts? You are the last person she would want to see,” Jonghyun argued.

“She is also the last person Yonghwa wants to see,” he snapped back.

“Now you know that is a ing lie!” Ji Won argued.

He knew it was. But now that he had his feelings known out in the open, he wanted to fight. He felt this increased his chance of being with someone he actually loved. “She won’t be a part of a collection you all think I have,” he said.

“She won’t be part of anything you have!” Minhyuk fumed.

“Stop this thinking. Let’s all sit down and talk this out with Shinhye and Yonghwa. You need to get it through to your head that it’s never going to-“

“I’ll get it through my head when Shinhye tells me no,” Jungshin decided.

“Araso! I’ve had it already. I’m going to wait for Shinhye to knock herself out so I can take care of her. She needs me right now. Not her boyfriend and especially not you Jungshin.” Ji Won left back to the hallway.

“Why hyung?” Minhyuk asked for a last time.

“My heart told me to,” he replied.

“I hope your heart doesn’t ruin this band,” Jonghyun stated. Everyone entered the mansion to rest after a loud night. At least the paparazzi wasn’t there to spy on them. That would ruin them all.

The morning…

Yonghwa found Jungshin stretching his arms up to the ceiling yawning from a bad night’s rest. “We need to talk,” he decided to the bigger person. They found their privacy up on the rooftop.

“I want to apologize for what you saw last night,” Jungshin started off.

“I’m sorry about your swollen face,” Yonghwa apologized.

“Yea that will heal,” Jungshin rubbed his left cheek.

“Do you like Shinhye?” Yonghwa came out with it. There was no use hesitating or stalling for anything. He wanted, no, needed to know the truth. The hurtful truth that everyone in the mansion knew from last night’s discussion.

“No I don’t,” he answered plainly.

“Then why were you-“

“I love her,” he cut him off. Yonghwa felt the same heat of anger boil up from last night. He was ready to fight to the death with his best friend. There was no one to stop him this time. But he couldn’t find the will to do so. “I won’t give up until she tells me no,” Jungshin continued. At first Yonghwa thought ‘then you might as well give up now!’ However last night replayed. Jungshin leaned forward closer and closer to close his lips on hers. Shinhye didn’t flinch nor budged at all.

“What makes you think you have a chance?” His voice shook but he got it out there.

“I don’t know. Mianhey things had to turn out this way,” Jungshin apologized once more.

“What will this do to our band?” Yonghwa asked.

“I don’t know. You’re the leader, you want me to stay?” Jung shin confused him.

“I don’t know! You’re trying to steal my girlfriend!”

“Then I’m out then,” he decided.

“YAH! Is this what you want? We have to think about the band seriously! Didn’t you want the best for the band? Not because of me or you as individuals. Aren’t we one as a band? What about our fans?” Yonghwa pleaded him.

“You’re asking me to push away my feelings for everyone’s happiness.” Jungshin stated.

“You know I will have to kick you out if you’re going to be like this,” Yonghwa warned.

“I know. But know this too Yonghwa, she didn’t move an inch when I leaned forward. We spent a whole day together too. We went shopping and we ate out. Talked the whole day just having a great time. Sounds like a date doesn’t it?”

“GEUMAN! Wae? Don’t you care about any of us anymore?” Yonghwa asked.

“The one I really care about right now. Is Shinhyessi. And to be honest I am the best option for her. You don’t even know it but you’re hurting her. I will fight for her. She might be able to see that, not now maybe. But maybe in time she will. Maybe you already have seen it after all. I’ll leave now. It’s been a pleasure working together with you.” Jungshin took a final bow to the band leader before leaving the mansion with two suitcases and his personal car. Jungshin’s words hit Yonghwa hard. Words impact a person big time when it’s the truth.