Honesty is the best policy

Voice

It took Shinhye a good five minutes to realize what she agreed to. 

It took Yonghwa a good... actually he didn't realize he agreed to anything yet, he was too busy thinking of a good arguement against Shinhye. He just needed to beat this girl in something. "Well I'll leave you two to sort things out I'll be in the girls room," Ha Ji Won alerted them. 

"Nobody asked," Yonghwa acted like his regular douche self. 

"Up yours," she left winning. 

"Everything seems to be settled then. You two act like you're all lovey dovey for a month and break it off at an appropriate time," the secretary calmed down more than the two. 

"You act like this whole thing is simple," Shinhye pointed out. 

"Well in show business yes it is. Lots of celebrities are in fake relationships. This will be perfect for Yonghwa, it's all for publicity. You will be his first girlfriend basically," she made it sound like he was forever alone. 

"I had plenty of girlfriends before this chick!" Yonghwa tried to defend himself. 

"All leaving after witnessing the truth I suppose," Shinhye pointed out. 

"You're not a walk in the park either, don't act like you're perfect." He got back at her.

"I never said I was perfect. You can push your ego down you know. Not everyone is conceited like you." She rolled her eyes at such a selfish rock star. He expected her to defend herself giving details about how she is a walk in the park. But instead she defended herself by agreeing in a way. That she isn't perfect and that she didn't think of herself high and mighty as he made it out to be. 

"Oh! I'll be right outside of this dressing room I gotta take this call," his secretary left the room in a hurry. Yonghwa rolled his shoulders as though he carried a huge weight on his back. Shinhye could see how exhausted he would be. It's been a long day. 

"What are you looking at? Miss little not so perfect," he chuckled at the stupid comment he added. 

"You don't like me at all do you?" She sat down next to him on the leather couch. They sat a fair distance away from each other, she didn't want to upset him any more than he already was. Naturally she was upset herself, in fact even more. She didn't deserve any of this to happen to her. But she decided to put those feelings away on the side. She wanted to calm down someone else, putting herself last. 

"I think you're irritating, so I guess yea." He wanted to see how upset she'd get. He liked messing with her it kept him entertained. 

"Why? How am I irritating to you? Did I do anything that upset you?" She deepened the question. She wanted to see how long this conversation could go on. It was finally a calm and serious one they shared. 

"Uh I um..." he felt nervous in a milisecond seeing her slowly come closer with her questions. How is she upsetting him? He had no idea, all she did was speak her mind. "You're just too nice!" He crossed his arms. 

"I'm too nice? That upsets you?" She was really confused at his answer.

"Y-Yeah. I just don't understand how you're able to forgive me so easily. It doesn't make any sense and it frustrates me. I'm use to someone hating my guts and wanting me dead! Not someone who is willing to sit with me so calm like you. You're not even upset about our fake relationship." He spoke his mind freely of his exact thoughts of her this moment of time. She wasn't surprised to hear him be completely honest. But what he was honest about she was surprised. 

"I didn't say I wasn't upset because I am. You should assume I'm pissed off to the max. But I shouldn't let it bother me. I should accept it and move on no matter how frustrating it is. And to be honest I wouldn't ever hate you, or anyone. No matter how big of a jerk you are, how full of it you are, and just plain horrible. There's good in you, deep down somewhere. It would be tiresome to hate someone wouldn't it? To love as well but you would get to smile." With that she shined a toothy grin to him. 

"So you don't hate me, but what is there to like?" He stated. Shinhye's eyes widened that the ego prince Yonghwa stepped down his almighty throne. What is there to like? "Other than my good looks and fake identity to the world. Really? What is there? I know I'm a jerk but I can't help it." He was being completely honest with her. That was it.

"What you're doing right now. I like how you're so straightforward with your opinions and feelings. You're being open to me and telling me what you think of me. Regardless of it being insulting. I wish I could be bold like you," she complimented. A compliment that doesn't have to do with fame, his singing, money, or his looks. A compliment completely based on him as a person. 

"I-I'm not bold. I'm lying to the freaking world of who I am. Still think I'm straightforward?" 

"Yeah I do. It can't be helped that the world doesn't want to see a jerk singer. This is what they want to see and you're just delivering. As long as you stay yourself with me I'll always respect you." She assured him.

"You already got your wish. You're being bold to me," he pointed out trying to hide his red face. Her words touched him more than she knew. It gave him the incentive to move closer to her. 

"But that's just you. I don't know why but it feels natural for us to be open. You did hit me with your car it's the least you can do," she joked with him. Which he didn't find funny. "Why don't you act like your fake identity as your real self? Since you know you're a jerk, you should work on bettering yourself." She suggested.

"This is who I am and I ain't changing it," he rejected. 

"Araso that's your choice I suppose. But to be honest I guess I can agree with you. You're fake you is a bit boring if you ask me. It's fun being able to call you a buttface without feeling bad," she giggled.

"Yah you're the buttface!" He noogied her. 

"Ah! My hair babo!" She pushed his hands off her head as she tickled his stomach. Crap that was his old weakness. 

"Yah! Geuman! DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!" He stood up from the couch with his arms extended in front of him to back her off. 

"Oh are you ticklish there?" She had a mischevious smile. 

"No I just don't like ugly girls coming near me," he insulted. 

"Whatever! Looks like I know another one of Yonghwa's secrets now," she smiled.

"A lot of women would love to be in your position right now," he mentioned. She supposed so. Starting from today she'll be Yonghwa's 'girlfriend'. She stretched her arms to the ceiling as she yawned simultaneously. Her sleeves fell down her arms revealing bandages. He took a good look at them forgetting that this bright girl was injured. Because of him. 

"S-Sorry," he blurted out.

"Hmm? For what?" She asked as she moved from a sitting position to lay down on the couch. 

"Everything. I really mean it this time, I apologize for hitting you." He really did mean it. Shinhye liked it when he was straightforward. So straightforward he will be. 

"Thanks," she spoke.

"You don't say thanks when someone apologizes! You're suppose to say I ing forgive you! Not make it seem like I'm doing you a favor cuz I really didn't! I did the opposite remember that!" She irritated him again.

"Araso I accept your apology. And thanks for putting me first this time," she smiled at the fact that Yonghwa is finally thinking of others. 

These two might not need to act after all... The secretary and her friend thought as they pressed their ears against the door.

To be honest if this chapter is a bit draggy sorry I'm like super sleepy... yea random side note... I just wanted to get the two to get closer by having a heart to heart chat of what they truly think of each other right now... soon more aww moments will come :D yea im still sleepy...but SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK! HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE UPDATE! xD