I'll pretend...

Voice

Shinhye stirred in her car seat slowly gaining consciousness. "Feeling better?" Yonghwa asked. She pushed her bangs back from her sight then gazed at Yonghwa. "I got you the original flavor," he handed her the drink. 

"Kamsahamnida," she bowed taking it.

"Something happen today? I mean you're with me now so no reason to cry," he chuckled at his own ego. But being with you is the reason to cry...

Shinhye first took a couple of sips then kept the drink to as she didn't stop drinking. "Slow down!" Yonghwa noticed she was determined to finish the whole bottle in one gulp. I wish I could drown myself in this... "Damn you're really thirsty," he kept his eyes on the road. He wasn't stupid, he knew something was up. But he could definitely tell she didn't want to talk about it. Maybe he shouldn't ask, the problem could have nothing to do with him. But he promised he'd be there for her. To protect her. "Shinhye tell me what's wrong," he demanded.

"N-Nothing is wrong, I'm glad you bought my favorite flavor now!" She cleared after capping the once full drink. 

"You sure now? I'm here for you Shinhye I'm your ing boyfriend! Tell me anything and everything you have a problem with I'll take care of it. Except for your period I cannot take care of that," he wanted to show her she can rely on someone. Shinhye stared at the window unmoving. "It's your turn to be happy. You're always caring for everybody," he wanted to know if his voice got to her. It did, but she didn't respond. His words hurt more than his mother's. They pulled up into the mansion's driveway. Without anything said Shinhye glumly entered their home. She had no idea what she should do. Yonghwa didn't bother her, or confront her in the next two hours. He decided to stay patient, he thought that would be the way she would want it. He's finally thinking of others than himself. What he would have done is demand her to tell him what the heck is going on. That is exactly what he wanted. But really, what he wanted the most was her smile. Her happiness. 

Shinhye laid down spending an hour staring at the ceiling. Nothing big happened. Excess noise from outside was normal as always. A horror movie replayed through her mind. She watched her meeting with Yonghwa's mother in her head in less than five seconds. I wish she would leave us alone! I wish she would disappear! All those anti fans! Everyone who is against us! 

Her eyes grew wide in fear and regret. She sat up clutching her heart. "I can't wish that! I can't wish people to disappear, I've become so selfish." She shook her head as her vision blurred with tears. Selfish! Was the last word she heard Yonghwa's mother yell. "That is what I've become after all. Because of me, he's..." her hands found fluffed pillow with her boyfriend's face printed upon. 

"I promise I'll protect you from her. From everyone...even me. I'll even pretend to make everything okay." Shinhye didn't realize she embraced the pillow. Just because it had his face on it. If only the real Yonghwa would extend his arms around her, telling her it will be. 

...

"Hyung! You two came back early! Is something wrong?" Minhyuk asked as he carelessly munched on fats.

"Uh I don't know but I'm going to find out sometime," Yonghwa calmly answered. 

"I'll go check on her!" Minhyuk was stopped immediately by the leader.

"She needs her space for now. Whatever is bothering her, she'll let us know when she wants to." 

"Hyung you're scaring me. You're not like yourself!" Minhyuk stared in awe as he ate his last potato chip.

"That's what happens when you grow up Minhyuk. You scare people," Yonghwa sighed as he crossed his arms. 

"Who said you grew up? You're still immature to me," Shinhye scared the two of them. She walked toward her boyfriend who froze as though time stopped. 

"Shinhyessi! Gwenchanayo? Everything fine now?" Minhyuk looked at her expression. She didn't look like she cried or felt upset at all today. 

"Course! Wae? You think I got hurt again because of this babo! I'm perfectly fine." She gestured to Yonghwa who broke out of his statue pose.

"Wh-What? Neo micheosseo? You were bawling your eyes out earlier because I got the wrong flavor!" Yonghwa found himself in a state of confusion. 

"Yes, but now you gave me the right flavor. So I'm no longer sad, kamsaheyo oppa!" Shinhye placed a quick kiss on his cheek. His cheeks went cherry red instantly as he touched the very spot. 

"D-Did you just call me oppa?" He realized.

"Yes I did! You have a problem with it?" She asked pouting. 

"N-No why would I? So you not upset at all now?" He asked.

"I'm smiling right now, aren't I? Oppa," she looked up at him with the most perfect toothy grin. At the back of his head he knew something was up. But the way she looked at him right now...He melted. 

I'll pretend for you...