Lots of bonding

Voice

 

“Hyung did you take her out to play ice hockey or something!” Minhyuk crossed his arms seeing Shinhye’s state.

“What a smart idea for a first date,” Jonghyun said in his usual sarcastic tone.

“You know what we have to do right?” Jung shin cracked his knuckles. Scaring everyone in the living room. He meant business.

“Y-Yah! We don’t have to settle things this way!” Shinhye didn’t know they were serious about kicking his .

“We’re guys it’s what we do,” Yonghwa chuckled.

“Hmm maybe I shouldn’t do it. One punch and Yonghwa will be in the hospital for a month,” Jung shin gloated.

“As if you’re able to come near me first!” Yonghwa argued back.

“I’d place bets on Jung shin,” Jonghyun joined in.

“Hmm I’d place a bet-“ Minhyuk started.

“You better say me!” Yonghwa snarled at the drummer. That scared him alright.

“Uh on Shinhyessi!” He thought quickly.

“Me? Waeyo?” She asked pointing to herself.

“Because you’re very strong and no way would any of us hit a girl! Except hyung that is,” Minhyuk replied.

“Right and with his car too! The fast one!” Jonghyun made the situation worse.

“I thought we were over that!” Yonghwa didn’t like to be reminded of that incident.

“You can’t just get over a life changing experience,” Minhyuk argued.

“Let’s just put the matter down for now,” Shinhye giggled at how the band messed with their leader. When she first came into the picture, it seemed everyone dealt with Yonghwa’s jerkiness. Now they all seemed closer as friends. The five enjoyed each other’s company at another recording session. Yonghwa was actually grateful he didn’t get a beating from Jung shin. He didn’t want to admit it but he probably would have gotten his kicked. Hard.

“10 minute break!” Yonghwa announced right before he took a couple of gulps of water.

“You guys sound great as usual!” Shinhye complimented the band feeling pumped up. She was sure to treasure her time with them. Thousands would kill to be in her place right now.

“My voice is pretty y isn’t it” Yonghwa boasted.

“Sure,” she let him have that one. Truth is she couldn’t get enough of his voice. The music she hears nowadays. Some voices sound the same that she didn’t know if it were the same singer. But hearing his voice, his fun and comforting voice. She would always know it was him.

“Damn maybe I should get a girlfriend like Shinhye. You’re able to keep up with this guy,” Jonghyun complimented.

“You mean he’s able to keep up with me,” she felt playful.

“Wow hyung both of you have an effect on each other,” Minhyuk pointed out.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“Shinhye is becoming more confident than before and you’re getting less rude,” Minhyuk couldn’t have said it better any other way.

“Kamsaheyo Minhyukssi,” she thanked him. 

 

“Come with me,” Yonghwa randomly took Shinhye’s hand dragging her out of the room. Jonghyun whistled after them.

“Go get it hyung!” Minhyuk even shouted. Jung shin watched the two silently. Almost jealous at how close they’ve become.

“Yah! Why are we up here?” Shinhye asked. He brought her to the roof.

“Don’t you feel stuffy in there?” Yonghwa breathed in the fresh breeze staring out to the sunset.

“No it felt fine,” she replied.

“Look I just want to be alone with you. How dense can you be?” He groaned out rubbing the back of his neck. He wasn’t very good at talking to girls. Or talking to people at all. He was surprised he landed himself a girlfriend.

“I’m just messing with you,” she laughed hugging him from behind. He felt her arms wrapped around his waist. She breathed in his scent. It was light but she caught it. She assumed he did wear cologne but not a lot. Nothing like the cheap cologne smell everyone in the world hated.

“Let’s switch,” he disconnected her grip, wrapping his arms around her. He hugged her from the back now. They enjoyed the light cool breeze brushing their hair from their eyes. The sunset was quite beautiful. Not blinding at all going down slowly and peacefully. Both hearts were at ease. A moment in life that don’t come so easily. “I’m really sorry about hitting you with my car,” he never let go of his mistake.

“I’m fine with it. Because if that didn’t happen. Then we wouldn’t have met each other.” She forgave him wholeheartedly.

“Too bad it had to be painful,” he stated.

“Yea but it was the most interesting way for a first impression. I’ll never forget it,” she saw everything in an optimistic light. He rested his chin on top of her head enjoying the sound of her voice. It was soft and smooth like silk.

“The best time to wear a striped sweater-“ he sang that sweater song from Spongebob.

“Is all the time,” she sang along with him.

 “One turtle neck that’s the kind!” They actually harmonized that silly song.

“Cause when you’re wearing!” He sang falsetto making her crack up.

“You know what show I miss? Courage the Cowardly Dog,” Shinhye reminisced in the past.

“Oh god I LOVED that show! ‘Stupid dog you make me look bad!’ Eustace made himself look bad,” Yonghwa remembered as well.

“A lot of the things they showed were pretty scary but funny,” she said.

“It was ing hilarious! I remember when there was this guy who came straight out of a mental hospital. He would keep shaving Courage whenever they were alone,” Yonghwa said.

“Oh my gosh! He was really creepy! He had this huge grin that gave me goose bumps!” Shinhye shook her head in disgust.

“He was ing crazy,” Yonghwa stated.

“Speaking of Goose bumps, remember that show?” Shinhye added.

“Who doesn’t? The books too,” he agreed. The couple kept looking back at their old time favorites. The genre they were stuck to was horror related. From Courage the Cowardly Dog to a zombie apocalypse. “If I were a zombie would you kill me?” He asked.

“Yes,” she answered without hesitation.

“What?! You would just shoot my head off!” He exclaimed.

“Wae? What do you want me to do? Let you infect me? What if my blood had the cure?” She argued.

“I thought you’d want to be with me,” he crossed his arms.

“I thought you’d want me to save your . I could cure you,” she said.

“Nah it would be too late for me. Ugh fine I would want to get the out of there.” He messed up her hair. She pushed his hands off her head fixing her bangs. “Why don’t you ever swear?” He randomly asked.

“Why should I?” She asked back.

“I mean putting up with me everyone I know has sworn at me at least once. Even Minhyuk being a little kid,” he stated.

“I find it unnecessary to use bad words. I can get my point across without them,” she explained herself.

“You’re too innocent,” he told her.

“Am not,” she argued.

“Goody two shoes,” he mocked her.

“I am not!” She pushed his arm.

“Say then,” he pushed her.

“Ugh fine…sh-,” she said it as soft as she could. But he heard her.

“Whoa we got a bad over here,” he joked around.

“Shut up!” She pushed him again. He was way over that 10 minute break. No one cared though. They knew it would’ve happened. So the band went out for a bite to eat without the couple.