CHAPTER 2

Can We Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul woke up without the present of the Kim’s family with him. It’s just him and his small apartment. Byul was determined to live alone as he does not want to burden the Kim’s family and the other reason was to be successful with his own effort.

“Byulyi, are you awake? Halmeoni cook something for you before you went to school”, Byul woke up staring at his new middle school uniform. It will be the first day of school and it was the first day he went to school without Yong Sun.

“Thank you halmeoni”, he took a seat and had his meal.

“Here’s your lunch”, the old lady put the wrapped lunch in Byul’s backpack.

Byul spend his school like usual. Hangout with his friend, getting scold from the teacher as he always sleep in class and spend his time at the Internet Café after school. He enjoyed his lide without the nagging of Yong Sun about his studies but at the same time he miss Yong Sun.

“Yong, what are you doing?”, Byul sent a text toYong and waited for her reply.

After three hours, Yong replied “Just settle my piano class. Gonna go for English class now”.

“I guess you’re busy today. So we can’y have our video call tonight?”, Byul replied.

“Yes, sorry. I promise when I’m free I will call you. Love you Byul”, that was the last message Yong sent on that day.

“Again”, Moonbyul sighed.

Day by day passed, Yong was busy with her studies as she get an offer to enter an elite club of her school where she became really busy and sometimes ignore Byul. Byul spend his day playing game at the Internet café all day long.

“Byul, come here”, halmeoni called Byul when he saw Byul just came back.

“Yes halmeoni. Do you need any help?”, Byul wonder why the old woman called her to her house.

“Byul, I see that you spend most of your day in the Internet café. Don’t you worry about your future?”, the old woman asked.

“Actually halmeoni I don’t really know what I should do with my life. I’m not good at studying and I’m just bad at everything”, Byul mood suddenly went down.

“Ohh come here Byul”, the old woman hugged Byul.

“Don’t give up easily. You’re still young and there’s many thing you can explore”, the old woman advised.

“What should I do with me?”, Byul asked.

“Why don’t you spend your time with halmeoni’s grandson?”, the old woman asked.

“You had a grandson?”, Byul was surprised to know that.

“He lives with his parents. Maybe I can introduce you two and you can learn lots of things from him. He’s two years older than you”, the old woman suggested.

“Sure”,Byul smiled.

The following week, Byul helped the old woman taking care of her small shop and get along with the old woman grandson, Minhyuk.

“So Byul do you wanna join me later?”, Minhyuk asked.

“Join what?”, Byul asked.

“Play basketball”, Minhyuk replied.

“But I’m kinda slow as I’m kinda chubby”, Byul was shy.

“It’s okay. Take it as a way to make you slim”, Minhyuk tried to cheer Byul up.

“I could teach you”, Minhyuk added.

The relationship between Byul and Minhyuk was getting better day by day and Byul felt alive as he felt that Minhyuk was his real hyung that helped him in studies and sports.

“Yong, I can’t talk with today”, Byul texted Yong.

“But today is the only day I’m free”, Yong replied and Byul can feel Yong was kinda pissed off.

“But I promised with Minhyuk hyung that I will go for today basketball practice”, Byul texted in hurry as he was late for the practice and off his phone.

“BYUL,DON’T OFF THE PHONE”, Yong Sun got pissed off when all of her message didn’t get through Byul’s phone.

“Fine. Choo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter