CHAPTER 5

Can We Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Byul, we are here”, Mr Kim called Byul to tell him that they arrived at Byul’s apartment.

“It was a fast journey”, Byul sadly said while looking at Yong.

“We need to visit your brother, right?”, Mrs Kim told his husband.

“Yes, we are going there on our way back”, Mr Kim said.

“Why don’t we let them spend time together while we make a short visit there?”, Mrs Kim suggested.

“It’s kinda near if we make a turn to pick them later”, Mrs Kim added.

“It’s kinda late now”, Mr Kim rejected.

“Yong, help Byul with his bag. I wanna meet halmeoni for a moment”, Mr Kim said and went to the next house.

“Thanks”, Byul said when Yong out his small bag near the door.

“Do you wanna come in?”, Byul offered.

“What you are holding?”, Byul asked as he saw Byul held a bag hiding at her bag.

“Oh this is my present for you. I bought it as a present for you”, Yong smiled and handed the bag to Byul.

“Thanks a lot Yong”, Byul took the bag and grinned at Yong which make Yong happy as well.

“Open it”, Yong sat beside the excited Byul.

“It’s the latest edition Yong”, Byul shouted. Yong bought the latest edition of basket ball for Byul to use it as practice.

“I wanted this ball so much. Thanks a lot”, Byul hugged Yong happily.

“Well it’s nothing”, Yong giggled.

“I thought you hate me playing basketball”, Byul said.

“Yes but that’s the only thing you good at”, Yong teased Byul.

“Is that an insult?”, Byul asked with a glare.

“Well, if you heard it like that then it’s an insult I guess”, Yong laughed.

“I’m good at everything except for studying”, Byul said in annoyed.

“Yong, let’s go”, Mr Kim shouted.

“I think we spend more time next time”, Byul said and accompanied Yong to the door.

“Byul, do you have a girlfriend now?”, Yong turned around to get an answer she wanted to know the most.

“Yes”, Byul nodded.

“You. It will always be you”, Byul bend down and kissed Yong’s lips. Yong was surprised with Byul’s action but she just closes her eyes and enjoy the sweet moment. Byul pull Yong closer to him and deepen the kiss as well. Both of them misses each other and the kiss is the way the express the moment they been longing for.

“Byul”, Yong stopped the kiss.

“I think I need to go now”, Yong said.

“Yong”, Byul pulled Yong’s hand.

“I love you”, Byul said and hugged Yong. Yong was waiting for the moment for two years and she was glad to hear and went to hug Byul back.

“Yong, let’s go”, Mr Kim was standing infront of Byul’s door making both of them ended the hug.

“Coming appa”, Yong went to the door.

“Wait in the car. I got something to tell Byul”, Mr Kim said and went to Byul.

“Did appa saw what we do?”, both of them thought.

“Why appa?”, Byul asked nervously.

“I’ve been thinking a lot this day about you.”, Mr Kim started.

“About what appa?”, Byul stuttered.

“Appa wanted you to continue high school at Seoul. I want you to graduate at the same school your parents went.”, Mr Kim said.

“It’s not about the relationship”,Byul felt relieved.

“Byul?”, Mr Kim watched Byul’s blanked face.

“Ahh, I will think about it. But which high school I’m entering?”, Byul asked.

“The same high school with Yong”, Mr Kim said.

“B-but that was an elite school and I’m not that smart to be there”, Byul was nervous when he knows it’s not the normal school.

“Well, they had a great basketball team. Appa can arrange for you.”, Mr Kim smile.

“You’re parents had mention to appa about having you in the school when you were just a small baby.”, Mr Kim added.

“Well, I think it’s going to be a good opportunity for me but can I request something appa?”, Byul said.

“Can I live on my own at Seoul?”, Byul asked.

“Why? You can stay at our house”, Mr Kim was worried Byul feel he is a burden to the family.

“No. I wanted to live near the court to practice more.”, Byul said but actually he felt that it is a burden to the Kim’s to have him in sudden.

“Alright then. Appa will help you with that”, Mr Kim agreed.

“And appa, please don’t tell Yong about this. I wanted to surprise her”, Byul said.

“You and your surprise”, Mr Kim giggles.

“Appa will visit you end of this month to help you”, Mr Kim said and left.

“Alright appa.”, Byul bowed when Mr Kim left.

Byul spend the rest of the month with halmeoni and Minhyuk as it is the last month Byul can spend time with before moving to Seoul to complete in high school. Byul packed his stuff and get ready for Mr Kim to pick him up.

 

“Halmeoni, I promise I will visit you when I’m free.”, Byul hugged the old woman as the old woman took care of him for the past 2 year.

“Promise alright”, Minhyuk joined the hug.

“Please study hard okay Byul”, the old woman reminds Byul.

“Alright halmeoni. I will try my best”, Byul smiled.

“Let’s go Byul”, Mr Kim said after helping to put Byul’s stuff in the lorry. Byul was sad to left his old hometown but was looking forward to start his new life and build again his relationship with Yong. Yong on the other hand does not know about Byul attending her school. They talk regularly but Byul kept the secret and wanted to make a big surprise to Yong.

“Appa, I can do it myself. You should get some rest”, Byul said to Mr Kim that help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter